YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 2974393 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#7241  April 07, 2022, 03:00:26 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
forgot to post this edit of AOF3, not good yet but might be of use.:

omg, that´s so good that i wanna put it in a peanutbutter sandwish and rubbit all over my body. As mr. @PotS said, work it a bit and it'll be perfection

This looks awesome.

I remember saving these Years ago of Ryo Sakazaki edits. Here is his Hien Shippu and other

#7242  April 07, 2022, 08:35:59 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Yo' Craig, mah man! Do you still have that alternative stance for Ryo you made? The one with the arms open(I don't remember which KOF that stance comes from).

I need help completing this one. I still can't make the SFV camera angle to fit CVS style, that's why the left arm looks way undetailed.

The "problem" here is not the arm. Maybe adding an extra line to the outer forearm(where you placed the light) could help, but here are more pointers, if you don't mind:
- His right arm's hand has a strange angle. It makes it look the hand as 3 times his size(compare to the left one).
- Upper legs shading. Is just BLAM! light. Try playing and creating folds, maybe erasing the upper one, next to the hips.
- Lower leg, under the knees. This angle makes things harder than they should, but don't worry becaus this is a common thing. Take notes on Ryu on that similar frame. Same for the feet.

If you don't mind, Shao, I'd like to tweak these things. I prefer telling you before doing and posting, for not looking agressive or whatever.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#7243  April 08, 2022, 01:24:39 am
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Please enlight me with your editing, I'm quite stuck on this one.
#7244  April 08, 2022, 01:52:29 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I came a bit crazy. Here's the list of what I changed:
- His right hand. Why? not just big. It was also REVERSED. Maybe this is the main point which got you stuck. I could feel you were kinda tired during this sprite and got in this small detail which was visible, but hidden to the eye. This also happens to me :P.
- In the forearm, adde an extra line and a bit of muscle definition.
- Right arm: the line between forearm and bicep is now a bit more round. Biceps also benifies of this.
- Left arm: Yes, this was osmething not expected to be fixed, just made the shading lines of forearm a bit softer. Also, gave some srength to the shoulder too.
- I Didn't touch jacket.
- Belt: I cut it a bit.
- Legs: I haven't changed the main area, only the shading. Something that could help you is turning the lightest colour into the second) and the darkest, into the previous, making a total of 3 colours: this way you'd be able to see easily the lightsource and define how can the area could be shaded. Of course, I didn't follow 100% of the cvs style, just gave a bit of my personal touch, trying to be closer to the main style.
- I forgot to do the feet :P.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I swear there was something cool here!!
#7245  April 08, 2022, 01:57:06 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
About the hand, I don't think is reversed in the original, is just the angle that make it look like it's reversed. :P
Anyway, great job both!
#7246  April 15, 2022, 04:56:06 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Krauser alternate armor (editing of Dampir sprite), I'm nearly blind after this 

All right, i adjusted some deteail overall

new updates ( I Added more details and fixed a couple of things) 
Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 11:39:11 am by demongorne
#7247  April 16, 2022, 02:39:18 pm

To be honest the one you made 8 months ago is superior to the new one you posted:

it would actually fit in a fake screenshot, barring some minor details on the shin pads.
I don't know why you're remaking the same sprite over and over again.

The palette has too much contrast, that's also why you're getting blind :mlol: but seriously, the skin tones are drastically different in luminosity, you could also re-use some colours in the sprite. Add some anti-alias too, especially in the skin.
The skin tones with the brown on the boots could have 5 colours, (instead of separating 3 colours for the skin and 2 for the boots)
the red 4, (you have just 2 and a pure black)
the yellow 3,
the hair 3.
15 colours.
#7248  April 16, 2022, 03:39:17 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...

Same here.
I feel like the new attemps are just not that good.
Sometimes, editing less gives better results. (and save time - particularly for a full set project)

Muscle definition for lower body is a bood idea, even if CVS style is really soft with that compared to SF3 where almost everybody is naked with colors over it... Alex's legs, Dudley's legs etc. Necro...
#7249  April 16, 2022, 04:42:08 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Yes i do know that and may be you are right, but I found this Dampir sff with alternate armor from real bout so I'm inspired on that sprites.
#7250  April 16, 2022, 04:45:01 pm
  • Come On You Know LGx
  • biblical (yea)
    • USA
    • Skype - eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/mugensdawn

Went back to some of my old sprite edits. (excluding Daxflame who is all original)

Also very minor edits to the Mignon Beart anim I got from a comm. Still looking for an artist for a full sheet, even editing the idle feels like it is beyond me.
#7251  April 16, 2022, 09:26:10 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Yes i do know that and may be you are right, but I found this Dampir sff with alternate armor from real bout so I'm inspired on that sprites.

We're not talking about the design. We're talking about how the way you shaded his body pretty much got worse over time. You could have very well taken the older sprite and given him the Real Bout armor instead.

Shit
#7252  April 16, 2022, 09:33:09 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

We're not talking about the design. We're talking about how the way you shaded his body pretty much got worse over time. You could have very well taken the older sprite and given him the Real Bout armor instead.

Yes, basically.
And I had similar feeling with your old Takuma. (Not very old one, but like number 8 on 10)
In last versions of redesign many great details disapeared.
#7253  April 16, 2022, 10:46:54 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Yes indeed, details are desappeared because i reduced the colors shades in the palette in order to simplify the sprites conversion since i got serious issues to make whole animation flowing i m referring to stances animation expecially.
Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 10:49:58 pm by demongorne

DGO

#7254  April 16, 2022, 11:28:01 pm
    • Chile
just fooling around

#7255  April 16, 2022, 11:34:21 pm
    • USA
Nice sprites DGO!
Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 03:30:13 am by Jotaro_Joestar
#7256  April 17, 2022, 12:03:55 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#7257  April 17, 2022, 12:15:23 am
  • "Forgeddaboudit"
  • Squawkabilly
    • Romania
    • wf4123.neocities.org
#7258  April 17, 2022, 11:44:15 am
    • Germany
#7259  April 17, 2022, 11:50:19 am
  • A.K.A. NED
just fooling around

I love! All of them are perfect!

I wish SF6 beard Ryu looks like that and not the fat greasy one we saw on the trailer ^^;

Also this Ruy-Chun LI reminds me you did some great CVS2 Chun Li anims... And I really hope JMorphman will use them in his Chunny ;)
#7260  April 17, 2022, 12:54:51 pm
    • demongorne.webs.com/
Daimon stance attempt with simplified palette, I didn't change much things, I increasead feet and head ratio and overall keeped other things-

Fixed head postion in sprite number seven -
Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 01:11:57 pm by demongorne