YesNoOk

Increasing Character Movement Speed? (Read 2228 times)

Started by Ki$@1st456v, October 22, 2020, 12:00:49 am
Share this topic:
Increasing Character Movement Speed?
#1  October 22, 2020, 12:00:49 am
    • USA
Hi again everyone! I was looking around for a way to increase the movement speed of a character individually. I saw somewhere someone had asked this same question here 12 years ago and there was an answer I was curious about.

"[Velocity]
walk.fwd  = 2.8      ;Walk forward
walk.back = -2.2     ;Walk backward
run.fwd  = 4.6, 0    ;Run forward (x, y)
run.back = -4.5,-3.8 ;Hop backward (x, y)
jump.neu = 0,-8.4    ;Neutral jumping velocity (x, y)
jump.back = -2.55    ;Jump back Speed (x, y)
jump.fwd = 2.5       ;Jump forward Speed (x, y)
runjump.back = -2.55,-8.1 ;Running jump speeds (opt)
runjump.fwd = 4,-8.1      ;.
airjump.neu = 0,-8.1      ;.
airjump.back = -2.55      ;Air jump speeds (opt)
airjump.fwd = 2.5         ;.

with:
              y
              -
X       -         +
              +

higher value means the faster

this is just basic movement though
there are a lot more ways to make an char faster
like making an animation take less gameticks in the air file, editing hitdefs etc."

However, do you just type the above information in a CNS file? If so, where do you put it? Do you just find the value for velocity in the CNS file? There was also another answer, and it was Bastard Mami's about maybe an X-Factor speed boost. Do any of you have experience with increasing character stats, and is there any help you can give on this topic? I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Re: Increasing Character Movement Speed?
#2  October 22, 2020, 12:49:46 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
The information you mentioned is for walking, running, jumping, etc. Yes, they are in the CNS and usually it's the first thing you'll see when you open it, you don't need to type it, it's already there, you just need to change the values.
Re: Increasing Character Movement Speed?
#3  October 22, 2020, 01:02:13 am
    • USA
Yes, I found it! thank you for your help! I am sorry if I should make a new topic thread for this, but I was also wondering about Xslaught's Sentinel and changing his Standing/Crouching Strong Punch with REDHOT's MVC2 Sentinel's Standing/Crouching Punch. I am looking at the States and Definitions section for both and wondering what I should change out as I do not want to completely mess anything up. Ever since MVC2, I loved how Sentinel could raid fire his Crouching and Standing Punch right after each other from across the screen. I am trying to add that quality of MVC2 Sentinel to Xslaught's, but I am not sure how or what to put in. Do you have any idea what to type in? Thank you again!