YesNoOk

NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread (Read 1658268 times)

Started by Saikoro, August 31, 2013, 07:27:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread
#3041  June 14, 2021, 10:59:55 pm
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
More!

KING DEDEDE (MUGEN_70)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

VECTOR THE CROCODILE (Gladiacloud)

MEWTWO (Nyancha)

MEGA MEWTWO Y (Gladiacloud/Solarflared)

#3042  June 19, 2021, 01:17:51 am
  • The Sweet One
  • let’s get scratchin’!
    • USA
    • superscratchkat.neocities.org
Yet more!

KROOKODILE (Gladiacloud/Solarflared)

HERACROSS (Gladiacloud/Solarflared)

HAMMER BRO (KingPepe)

#3043  August 28, 2021, 12:23:43 am
    • USA
these are all great
#3044  May 26, 2022, 08:08:53 am
    • Sweden
Hi. I am looking for portraits of shingo. Links are dead. Can someone help??
#3045  June 11, 2022, 11:48:07 pm
Really cool to see this is still going after all these years.

After deciding to build up another MUGEN after losing my old one from like, 6 years ago? I decided to start making another one and with it, I had to start making Legacy portraits again. So I guess I'll throw my first pack into the mix here if for no other reason, then to not lose my portraits for a second time. If anyone else wants to use them, then by all means.

Be warned though, my style is slightly different from the "norm". I don't like it when every picture is the same thing over and over so I diversified every single picture used. This became really hard for characters like Dragon Claw or Marrow because there is so little artwork of them out there on the Internet. Or for someone like Psylocke who is one of my favourites Superheroes, I used my favourite pictures of them edited enough to work for Legacy Custom.

The other notable thing I changed is on the Vs_Win. I reduced the font size of the letters down to 16. The reason for this is because I ran into a couple of characters where you would either have to add a second text box to fit a characters name or slightly reduce the size of the font of a name, and then it would look really sloppy with one character having a font size of 30 vs a character with a 24 font size for example. I hated the look, so I changed it, and I'll show what I mean in the previews links below with Captain Commando. Sadly I didn't think to hold onto the Photoshop templates, so if you want to use any of my Vs_Win's it'll have the smaller font with no real way to change it. Thought of that too late, so that sucks. I won't throw those away for my next pack.

This first pack comes with a full set Small, Big, Vs_Win, Lifebar, and Teams for each of the 30 characters as well as some Menu Art. There were a few times where I just used Portraits made by others because they were so great, but I didn't want any character in my packs to not have a full set.

The 30 character list is: Akuma, Beast, Blanka, Cable, Captain Commando, Carnage, Deadpool, Dragon Claw, Guile, Hayato, Iori, Ken, Kim, Kula, Kyo, Marrow, Morrigan, Poison, Psylocke, Rogue, Ruby Heart, Ryu, Sabretooth, Sakura, Sandbag, Sentinel, Spider-Man, Thor, Venom, and Woverine.

The characters I ended up on were either because they were my favourites or because they have one of my favourite stages attached to them or maybe two characters had special intros for each other, whatever. I have absolutely no artistic ability what so ever, but I tried to be as thorough as possible and not miss anything, so don't crucify me if these aren't up to the best standards. I did my best. Here are some previews:

Bleh, inserting images in the post isn't working for me. Direct links:
https://imgur.com/TIHujSu
https://imgur.com/a/tvevWuu
https://imgur.com/Muv5vni
https://imgur.com/sJZGXoR
https://imgur.com/E3jNEaB

Download Link: - https://www.mediafire.com/file/qrt4qf666ye1f2v/Legacy_Portrait_Pack_1.zip/file
Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 12:11:36 am by MoCheese
#3046  June 28, 2022, 04:44:00 am
    • Japan
Sorry my English level is low...

Now I'm enjoy making Legacy Portraits.There are points I want to clear when making.
Please tell me advice.

About big portrait↓

If I add a glow effect to a layer, the glow effect will run out of the image next to it.
I cannot be erased as well as your material.
I use Photoshop(beginner)

Is there any good way?
Thanks read.

#3047  June 28, 2022, 01:44:06 pm
If you are using photoshop, when you apply the glow to the p1 or p2 render create an empty layer above them and just merge them.
Then do the inverse select thing and just delete the glow.
#3048  June 29, 2022, 09:10:01 am
    • Japan
If you are using photoshop, when you apply the glow to the p1 or p2 render create an empty layer above them and just merge them.
Then do the inverse select thing and just delete the glow.

Thanks reply and advice! and succeeded!
Thank you very very much!
I will upload my portraits!
#3049  August 15, 2022, 02:42:22 am
I'm back with another 30 set of Portraits but god were there problems.

I had to send in my Laptop for repairs because the charger wasn't working correctly anymore. You'd figure that would be a simple task and wouldn't take long. Well it certainly did because not only did they replace the charger, they replaced the battery and a fan to boot so that's good. However, with these supply chain issues this whole process ended up taking a MONTH! Well whatever, the thing's fixed, let's take it home anddd..... they wiped everything on the harddrive and did a fresh install of the OS even though at no point did I ask them to do that. Lost everything. Including some things not related to MUGEN that I cannot get back. So that's wonderful. Thankfully I backed up everything I had already shared here and what I had completed of Pack 2 before the send in. I still had to get all my programs back and all the settings right and UGHH. Anyways, with all that hassle and all this searing heat that I do not do well in, it took some time. Uploaded my first 30 two months ago.

I've quickly realized just how fast 120 character slots can get used up when I sat down and wrote out a list of potential characters that could go on the roster. I'm probably going to have to switch to Big Custom to get 20 more character slots and make all the stage art as well. Sheesh. Well because of this knowledge I figured it would be smarter to make a much more streamlined character pack this time and so I have. 30 much more recognizable characters this time.

They are: Benimaru, Bluestreak(Don't yell at me for this, I did my best!), Cammy, Captain America, Charlie, Chun-Li, Cody, Cyclops(Astonishing), Dan, Dee Jay, E. Honda, Fei Long, Gambit, Geese, Gouken, Hsien-Ko, Iron Man, Jin Saotome, Joe, Karin, King, Kung Fu Man(Did my best here too!), M. Bison, Mai, Maki, Ryo, Strider Hiryu, Terry, Vega, and Yuri.

Those 30 characters all come with a full set of Small, Big, Vs_Win, Lifebar, and Team portraits. Also, there are 19 Menu Art pictures included though some characters have multiples(Karin has 3, Dan has 2). Finally, I included an updated Captain Commando Menu Art and an updated Big portrait for him. He was from my first pack, and I did this after finding a much better picture accidentely and just making the Menu Art of his  that I already made a bigger size.

Took my time a little more on these ones and refined my style somewhat on this 2nd pack. The end result in my opinion is that they are better overall quality compared to the first pack. At some point I'm going to have to go back and redo some of those 1st pack portraits. Also I used less copies from others this time as well but there are still some in here like Vega's Small, or Gouken's Lifebar.

One last note, just in case people don't like my font size change on the Vs_Win or they use different names for characters depending on where they live, I've included ALL Big and Vs_Win Photoshop templates in this pack. This will allow you to change the Vs_Win font size back to default if you wish. Or if you are someone who uses characters Japanese names Like Hsien-Ko/Lei-Lei, M. Bison/Vega, Charlie/Nash, then you can change them easily with the saved Templates. This makes the download a lot bigger unfortunately, but it's worth it.

Here are some preview pictures: https://imgur.com/a/JbJRcZc

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/clk1q6af35dsk8t/Legacy_Portrait_Pack_2.rar/file

EDIT: Ugh, I suck. A couple of hours after I uploaded the pack, I was reorganizing my roster on VSelect only to realize that the Gambit Big portrait's P2 Boxglow wasn't visible... I doubled and tripled checked everything and I have no clue how I missed that. I fixed the error and have re-uploaded the pack, plus I checked everything one last time and it should all be good. If something is missing, lemme know.

The link has been updated.

To those couple of people that downloaded this, my apologies. You'll have to re-download the pack. If nothing else, this was proof positive why saving those Templates was a good idea.
Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:25:58 am by MoCheese
#3050  August 17, 2022, 05:15:49 am
    • Canada
Wow, cool to see this thread is still getting resurrected every once and a while.

MoCheese you got some cool ports there. Very nice.
#3051  August 21, 2022, 03:41:04 am
Wow, cool to see this thread is still getting resurrected every once and a while.

MoCheese you got some cool ports there. Very nice.

Oh well thank you, I try my best and hope that's good enough. A few days break and just started up again. Just finished a full set and a Menu Art for Sean. Think I'm gonna do Guy next.
#3052  December 14, 2022, 11:09:41 pm
Well I don't want to double post, but since no one has posted in here for 3 months, it seems I have no choice.

So after my last batch I figured I'd just keep making them and get another batch of 30 out in a couple of months like I did for Portrait Pack 2 from 1. But about 4 characters in, I just completely burnt out and stopped making any Portraits cold turkey for 2 months straight. Finally picked it back up again and got rolling, but this batch definitely took a lot longer than Packs 1 and 2 did.

As the characters become less popular, finding good artwork and pictures of them becomes tougher. Angel, Dhalsim, Guy, Haggar, and Iceman being the worst culprits this time. I did WAY less copies and straight up rips of anyone elses work this time though. Short of my Wonder Woman and R. Mika's Small portraits, I don't think there's a single conceptual copy from anyone elses releases. And even for those two, I remade them myself anyways. Overall though, I am quite pleased with how this batch of character portraits came out so I hope anyone that downloads them likes them as well.

The 30 characters in my third Portrait Pack are: Alex, Andy, Angel, Ash, Athena, B. Jenet, Blue Mary, Daimon Goro, Dhalsim, Felicia, Guy, Haggar, Hulk, Iceman, Kasumi Todoh, Leona, Magneto, Mature, Mega Man, Omega Red, R. Mika, Robert, Rock, Rolento, Sagat, Sean, Shermie, Vice, Wonder Woman, and Zangief.

Like with my other two packs, all 30 characters comes with a full set of Small, Big, Vs_Win, Lifebar, and Teams Portraits. I have also included quite a lot of Menu Art for most of these characters including 4 for Magneto and R. Mika and 5 for Felicia(Lots of artwork out there for her, imagine that). I have also redone or made new Menu Arts for characters I've already done in previous packs. This is because I either accidently found a picture or out-right hated what I did before and needed to change it. These include: Dee Jay, Gambit, Iori, Kula, and Sakura. The updated Iori, Kula, and especially Sakura's are better, so use those.

I have also included the Templates for all 30 characters' Big, Vs_Win, and Lifebar. This will allow people to resize my Vs_Win font size back to template default or edit anything else if need be. Or in the case of a character like Daimon, if you want to change his display name to Goro, you can do that with a simple photoshop edit. It makes the download bigger, but again, what can you do?

Here are some preview pictures: https://imgur.com/a/sb8sNa7

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/9cu63tuj2fx0lbk/Legacy_Portrait_Pack_3.rar/file

And with that done, I now have two questions that anyone coming across this that may know could help me out with?

Firstly, to this point in time, I have yet to make any Press_Start art(The screen before the main menu), and I would like to. And it dawned on me during this 30 set I was making that I actually don't know how to change them. In the Screenpack release thread all that was said in the first post is: "you can change the press start intro art". Did I miss something obvious in Fighter Factory or is there something more to it? Is there a tutorial that explains how? I looked but came up short. So how does one change the Press_Start art?

And secondly, while I'm here, does anyone know what stage this is? https://imgur.com/a/R0BO5Hm

I've always wanted this stage, because I've seen it before and it's really neat, but I don't know the name of it. The background slowly sways up and down, the people in the back are animated to cheer, and the colour of the stage changes slowly over time. It's a really neat concept but not knowing the stage name makes it very hard to find it. So does anyone know what it's called? I'll ask here and give it time, but if I don't get a response after coming back with Pack 4 hopefully, I'll go ask in the Does this thing exist thread.
Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 01:34:36 am by MoCheese
#3053  December 14, 2022, 11:55:18 pm
#3054  December 15, 2022, 02:52:14 am
Nice ports.

The stage is from Shiyo Kakuge, you can find all of his stages here.
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AMm7lwrPYieLPOc&id=D1C297A61B1EF0FA%21271&cid=D1C297A61B1EF0FA

I suggest grabbing all of them cause they are very good, however i think the ones you are asking for are called ring and ring rain.

I was 100% certain that they changed from colour to colour. Maybe I was thinking of another stage? Is there another stage like this in concept? Regardless, you were right and those were the stages in the screenshots for sure. You were also right that Shiyo Kakuge has a battery of excellent stages. Thanks a ton!
#3055  December 15, 2022, 10:35:09 am
I think you were watching an ikemen video, Ikemen can do that, not mugen though.
#3056  December 18, 2022, 04:15:07 am
I'm currently creating a portrait for Angel and applied it towards the BIG portrait and it came out like this

Am I doing something wrong?
#3057  December 22, 2022, 03:30:54 pm
I think you were watching an ikemen video, Ikemen can do that, not mugen though.

After trying out the stage myself, I'm starting to think I was just remembering incorrectly and this was indeed the stage I was thinking about. It had everything I was thinking about other than the background colour changing. Pretty certain this was the stage.

I'm currently creating a portrait for Angel and applied it towards the BIG portrait and it came out like this

I mean, yeah, obviously something went wrong, it's just a matter of what. As to what went wrong, I have no idea, I've never seen anything like that before. I'd check the process you went through to make whatever picture that was supposed to be. Was the image RGB? Was it saved as a png? Did you place it on the character in the correct Group/Index? (9000 Group/1 Index).

I really don't have much more to suggest other than generalities because that's something I've never seen.
#3058  December 22, 2022, 03:53:21 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

You probably didn't index your image, and also I noticed the size is too big.
What version of MUGEN are you using?
#3059  December 24, 2022, 05:46:14 am
    • Japan
Hi !
When your chars localcoord =  426, 240
made a portraits template for it.

"big" "small" "VS" "lifever" "win" (only big roster ver )

↓this is all localcoord =  426, 240 it fits well.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/t5sesk5fvdqsrdg/133.zip/file

Let me know if there's a character portrait you'd like me to share.
Last Edit: December 24, 2022, 06:02:21 am by nikumeri829
#3060  December 26, 2022, 07:51:37 pm

After trying out the stage myself, I'm starting to think I was just remembering incorrectly and this was indeed the stage I was thinking about. It had everything I was thinking about other than the background colour changing. Pretty certain this was the stage.

I mean, yeah, obviously something went wrong, it's just a matter of what. As to what went wrong, I have no idea, I've never seen anything like that before. I'd check the process you went through to make whatever picture that was supposed to be. Was the image RGB? Was it saved as a png? Did you place it on the character in the correct Group/Index? (9000 Group/1 Index).

I really don't have much more to suggest other than generalities because that's something I've never seen.

I have done everything as I presented in the readme. Saved it in the right group.

You probably didn't index your image, and also I noticed the size is too big.
What version of MUGEN are you using?

I'm using Mugen 1.1 and I just been using the template that included in the screenpack.