YesNoOk

Dhalsim (Read 6651 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, April 22, 2012, 11:04:50 pm
Share this topic:
Dhalsim
#1  April 22, 2012, 11:04:50 pm
    • Thailand
[preview]http://justnopoint.com/lithues/shots/dhal0.png[/preview]
[img width=240]http://justnopoint.com/lithues/shots/dhal0.png[/img][img width=240]http://justnopoint.com/lithues/shots/dhal1.png[/img][img width=240]http://justnopoint.com/lithues/shots/dhal2.png[/img]

I updated Dhalsim. You can download him and read his readme for more details.

There's a config file that allows you all to configure the system mechanics that he has. Parry; shield; dodge; directional Dodge; air jump; air dash; jump canceling; power charging; chain attacks; etc.

I updated his code for readability and functionality -- a complete overhaul. Any patches that you had in the past won't work unless someone was reading my mind while I was making this update.

His hitboxes are fixed too. So are his stretching attacks; they're now unable to hit opponents that are nearby. Some basic attacks can be charged like Melty Blood (without the special effects). Yoga fire can also be charged. AI was also updated. He should be a bit smarter than he was before.

Everything that isn't custom is extracted from various games that Dhalsim has appeared in, and as such, they are as accurate as I was able to get them. Mostly velocities and frame times.

If you find any bugs, please report them in this thread or through other convenient and legitimate means.

Thanks.

Download
Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:49:03 pm by Rajaa
Re: Dhalsim
#2  April 22, 2012, 11:06:23 pm
    • USA
you just made my day!  :D

Edit: Download is acting up in my case, it takes me to a bunch of coding
#3  April 22, 2012, 11:07:00 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
Are you gonna get back into doing your Ryo pretty soon or that dead? =P
and Nice update ;D
#4  April 22, 2012, 11:09:57 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

i can't seem to download dhalsim for some reason, it leads to some sort of sff file read
#5  April 22, 2012, 11:14:09 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Replacement time!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#6  April 22, 2012, 11:22:34 pm
    • Thailand
I don't know why the download link is linking to a bunch of coding (what type of coding?). Maybe you guys need to reload the site cache or something. :???:

Are you gonna get back into doing your Ryo pretty soon or that dead? =P
and Nice update ;D
I keep getting asked about that. I don't think I'm ever going to get back into Ryo, Yuri, Chun-Li or Hibiki. I just don't feel like it. :P

#7  April 22, 2012, 11:24:57 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
 :behead:
#8  April 22, 2012, 11:26:59 pm
    • USA
I don't know why the download link is linking to a bunch of coding (what type of coding?). Maybe you guys need to reload the site cache or something. :???:

just cleaned my cache and it still happens. got a sample of the coding to explain it a bit further.

Spoiler: WARNING: Incoming cluster f**k (click to see content)
#9  April 22, 2012, 11:32:33 pm
    • Thailand
Looks like a Firefox issue. I edited the link above to be a direct download. I'm going to look into that issue. It wasn't there the last time I checked and I haven't touched the code of my site in a good while.
#10  April 22, 2012, 11:43:26 pm
  • You will not stop me!
    • USA
Really? The download link was working fine for me.
omg you live omg omg omg
fire emblem awakening owns
#11  April 22, 2012, 11:45:00 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I just tried it on Firefox and got the same issue.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#12  April 22, 2012, 11:46:58 pm
    • Thailand
What the fuck? It's a direct download, it shouldn't do that. That means it isn't my website's coding. :S
#13  April 22, 2012, 11:48:01 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Well the download from your site seems to work at least.
#14  April 22, 2012, 11:50:14 pm
    • USA
"save link as" did the job for me.
#15  April 22, 2012, 11:52:10 pm
    • Thailand
It's the same thing. It's loading the rar incorrectly from a direct download and through the site, which is basically the same thing. I don't know what this problem is, but if you want to download the character, then you're gonna need to use another browser besides Firefox until I research this further. If you get that stupid page with Firefox, just right click it and save the page as.

If you have the updated character, then please focus on that and forget about posting about the link not working since it's already well established that there's an issue.

Thank you.

Fixed that stupid shit.
Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:31:02 am by Rajaa
#16  April 22, 2012, 11:55:02 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Oh okay.

And I like the config file, too.
#17  April 23, 2012, 12:27:19 am
    • Thailand
The link should work now, people. Simple fix. ;)
#18  April 23, 2012, 12:33:52 am
  • I must continue my training...
The last time we spoke, it was "intersting" to say the least.

So you're Rajaa. I'm a big fan of ALL your characters. I intend to make a screenpack that will be specifically designed for characters that have a "CVS Swagger" to them. Your characters are ABSOLUTELY going on my personal roster when I finish that. Your Dhalsim works great for me. But since my controller's busted, I cant provide any gameplay feedback on the update. That's cuz I'm not as good with the keypad and any problems I have performing a specific move are probably a result of that. So...I'll just say I like your style.

Keep up the good work, bro 8)

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#19  April 23, 2012, 12:34:04 am
    • USA
are suggestions welcome? [size=4pt]no matter how lame they are?[/size]

think you could make Sally "configurable"? like:

Code:
; To enable Sally, change this value to 1.
; To disable Sally, change this value to 0.
[state 5900, Sally]
type = varset
trigger1 = !roundsexisted
var(XX) = 0
Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 12:38:39 am by Froz
#20  April 23, 2012, 01:20:41 am
    • Thailand
The last time we spoke, it was "intersting" to say the least.

So you're Rajaa. I'm a big fan of ALL your characters. I intend to make a screenpack that will be specifically designed for characters that have a "CVS Swagger" to them. Your characters are ABSOLUTELY going on my personal roster when I finish that. Your Dhalsim works great for me. But since my controller's busted, I cant provide any gameplay feedback on the update. That's cuz I'm not as good with the keypad and any problems I have performing a specific move are probably a result of that. So...I'll just say I like your style.

Keep up the good work, bro 8)

[Swag] Does not compute. Does not compute. Does not compute. Does not compute.

But seriously, thanks. If you ever get around to feedback, then just post it here.

think you could make Sally "configurable"?
I could. Or you could just null the helper that spawns her and I can save a variable. :P