YesNoOk

Mugen Programing/coding Academy (Read 55701 times)

Started by IKEISLEGEND, October 28, 2022, 11:52:53 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen Programing/coding Academy
#1  October 28, 2022, 11:52:53 pm
  • Ive taken my skills beyond mugen
    • USA
    • Skype - bushinryu Master

Hello mugen community here I will be announcing my long awaited programming academy.. I've been noticing the big demand of programming help in the community a lot of new comers aren't getting the help they need with projects they are working on and so forth they reach out for help and get referred to a bunch of documentation which cant really be understood of you don't have basics down... Many of you know if me through my works or me assisting you w your projects....  My goal is to help anyone out that's looking to learn and help people get past the lack of help barriers.... My academy will be ran through my Discord channel in  private groups which you can pm me for the link or you can visit my youtube channel, it can be found there as well... This will be a hands on learning course where you can test out codes and see what things do in real time and receive full explanations on formulas...  This will be a paid course costing $30USD per student which  is next to nothing compared to the actual cost of learning if you go the school route... My academy beats sitting through 3 hour tutorials jus to learn basic stuff....  This will be a once a week course starting, if your interested in participating more than that feel free to let me know
HIDDEN BOSS

lui

Re: Mugen Programing/coding Academy
#2  October 29, 2022, 12:10:07 am
    • USA
no.
#3  October 29, 2022, 12:14:37 am
  • 20 years too late I guess?
    • Brazil
Nah, I'm having a blast learning by my own and interacting with the lovely community. And even though this learning experience is free, the friends I'm making along the journey are priceless.
#4  October 29, 2022, 12:26:37 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
no.
#5  October 29, 2022, 12:27:20 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
There's several things I need to point out here:

1.- While there is a demand for MUGEN help, there's places where people can ask for help on specifics for free: This very forum, and advanced coders generally hang out on the MUGEN Guild Discord, and answer relatively frequently.

2.- Who are the teachers of this academy and what have they made? (This is important, you don't want people to learn bad habits or learn bad techniques!)

3.- Hands on explanations on MUGEN is a great idea, since sometimes the best way to create and understand certain things is seeing what changes, however this can be more or less learned on your own, which is why I think charging 30 dollars just for a group hang out where you can do this with a bunch of unknown people is excessive and even laughable. You can get the same experience with  your own group of friends all coding at the same time during 3 hours or just doing it on your own and asking people who are more knowledgeable.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#6  October 29, 2022, 12:43:26 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Reading your post I was like "ok, that's a good initiative", until I saw it was paid.

I could say my thoughts and why I don't agree with this, but, who am I to say something...

Good luck.
#7  October 29, 2022, 01:09:09 am
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Oh cool! This can help me a lot- *Is paid.*

Oh... I need to go my planet needs me. *Floats off*
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#8  October 29, 2022, 01:17:07 am
  • I dress like your Great Great Grandfather.
I get the idea, but I think some critical errors occurred along the way. As someone else said, you're literally on a site with multiple free coding resources and users who are willing to assist others for free.

Don't you think you would be better off charging a fee for freelance character coding for those who aren't willing to do it? 
#9  October 29, 2022, 02:05:07 am
    • USA
Reading your post I was like "ok, that's a good initiative", until I saw it was paid.

I could say my thoughts and why I don't agree with this, but, who am I to say something...

Good luck.

There's several things I need to point out here:

1.- While there is a demand for MUGEN help, there's places where people can ask for help on specifics for free: This very forum, and advanced coders generally hang out on the MUGEN Guild Discord, and answer relatively frequently.

2.- Who are the teachers of this academy and what have they made? (This is important, you don't want people to learn bad habits or learn bad techniques!)

3.- Hands on explanations on MUGEN is a great idea, since sometimes the best way to create and understand certain things is seeing what changes, however this can be more or less learned on your own, which is why I think charging 30 dollars just for a group hang out where you can do this with a bunch of unknown people is excessive and even laughable. You can get the same experience with  your own group of friends all coding at the same time during 3 hours or just doing it on your own and asking people who are more knowledgeable.

I get the idea, but I think some critical errors occurred along the way. As someone else said, you're literally on a site with multiple free coding resources and users who are willing to assist others for free.

Don't you think you would be better off charging a fee for freelance character coding for those who aren't willing to do it? 

Ill briefly entertain by saying, If there were so much help and "advanced coders" willing to help, there wouldn't be such a long time demand for help nor a need for me to offer help.....Im certain of this...
HIDDEN BOSS
#10  October 29, 2022, 02:25:16 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
If you really wanted to help you wouldn't charge for it. Let's be honest, you don't want to help, you want money.
#11  October 29, 2022, 02:45:21 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Mugen is Free so the knowledge should be free

I'll make a PotS Style character tutorial in the future...

Don't worry it's free! It'll be on my Channel
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#12  October 29, 2022, 02:53:07 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
There's always people around to help. Just ask.

Nobody will do the work FOR you... they'll help you understand what you're trying to figure out so you can do it yourself without much struggle.

I understand that not all help in the world is free, so I'm not gonna say that you're not here to help if you're looking for money... but you're very clearly prioritizing money here, given how much free help there is in this field lol
#13  October 31, 2022, 10:24:22 am
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
Talks about teaching coding excellence. Shows a picture of really unoptimized coding routines...
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#14  October 31, 2022, 10:33:41 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Wish I'd seen this before I spent €9000 learning how to code for Mugen.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#15  October 31, 2022, 10:52:41 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
can you make this for free?
#16  October 31, 2022, 12:25:13 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
oh dear god stop digging your own grave, Ike. This is getting sad.
#17  November 01, 2022, 12:56:17 am
    • USA
Wish I'd seen this before I spent €9000 learning how to code for Mugen.

Phantom Of The Server??? No Waayyy!!!! I loved your Charlie and Rare Akuma I rememeber when you first released them.... My brother showed me your chars he Loved your Charlie as well Its still the best cvs no groove style char ever..... BTW sry to hear you spent so much money on this.... But Im not sry because youved invested in yourself sir... This is whats required to do anything that is among great make, the investment in yourself.... Thus look where that investment brought you Pots Your one of the biggest name in The history of this community.... Everyone wants to be you match you, but since they aren't willing to make the investment in themselves they sadly will forever be in your shadow so to speak..... Tho with this Pots slogan going around p1 this is their desired position I guess...... Dont mind my rambling its my thank you and greeting again I loved your Charlie and Rare Akuma... Btw Phantom Of The Server check out my Marvel vs Capcom 2 Remake Im 3 years in skip to half the video its a bit laggy...

Btw if you decide to take a look at my channel Id like to hear your thoughts on my "beat em up" engine ive developed for mugen

can you make this for free?

Hi there if you seriously want to join and learn feel free it will be open every Saturday in my Discord I make acceptions for those who seriously desire to learn but cannot afford to you can PM me here

oh dear god stop digging your own grave, Ike. This is getting sad.

Good Bye I look forward to not seeing you on my future post.......

HIDDEN BOSS
Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 01:27:12 am by IKEISLEGEND
#18  November 01, 2022, 01:25:01 am
    • crepa.neocities.org
Now this is some QotD worthy content.
#19  November 01, 2022, 01:44:41 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Imagining asking for money to show people how to do basic coding on the same exact forum where said resources can be acquired for free?
#20  November 01, 2022, 01:49:52 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
As someone who teaches for a living, I can say that private academies require a huge amount of prestige to start and gather enough students. For that, you are going to require teachers with very good credentials or a ton fame.

If I were you, I'd start by making a couple of tutorials for free, then ask for donations for your other content. Maybe do everything for free and get a Patreon.

Also posting here because this honestly deserves Hall of Fame.
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA