Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#1181  August 21, 2019, 10:56:56 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Plus or Go Plus?

Vanilla IKEMEN Plus. I've had to spend ages figuring out S-SIZE more or less on my own, so I'm not letting that go to waste. I don't see how online is going to change at all without any kind of server to hold and process information. Currently, barebones peer-to-peer is the best we've got.

I could always take a stab at backporting some of the newer things from GO like being able to store player IPs for quicker netplay setup.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1182  August 21, 2019, 11:05:50 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Guys you really have to work all together in one same engine.
I'm not a dev so my words are probably useless here, but if some new dev jump into the working force of this project it may be if it's on a well known language, like C... So for Go Plus, no?
There is no way that you guys port into Go Plus the "extra" features that already exist in Plus?
#1183  August 21, 2019, 11:26:44 am
    • edwin@disenowebcostarica.net
Just realized Reversaldefs are not working for me, at least for projectiles.

This code is used on KOF  Yamazaki 426 A or C, that movement that return any projectile. Tested on Mugen 1.1 the same code works there but not in GO
. Also Athena mirror isnt working.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1184  August 21, 2019, 01:58:41 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Guys you really have to work all together in one same engine.
I'm not a dev so my words are probably useless here, but if some new dev jump into the working force of this project it may be if it's on a well known language, like C... So for Go Plus, no?
There is no way that you guys port into Go Plus the "extra" features that already exist in Plus?

It's slightly more difficult to develop for GO since you need to set up a build environment and compile your changes to an .exe each time; granted it's a lot more simple once you have the environment set up, but vanilla IKEMEN has the benefit of its core files (S-SIZE) not needing to be compiled when you want to test your modifications, so you just save the file and run IKEMEN. When you've worked with a language for a while, you're less wanting to learn a whole new one when you can continue working with what you know, especially when the new stuff introduced in IKEMEN GO isn't that much of an advancement and can likely be backported to vanilla IKEMEN like I did with the updated command buffer, which is when I noticed the double-tap issue with it. Maybe if IKEMEN GO was able to dynamically read data from config files and thus not require a restart each time you fiddle around in the options menu, then we'd be talking.

#1185  August 21, 2019, 02:23:00 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
I understand absolutely everything you said.
The major issue is that you need to compile with Go all the time to see even the smallest change.
I just have another question: What engine would be the most 'futureproof'? I mean even if we do not know what can happen with software support and things?
Thanks for your words, It's interesting for me.
#1186  August 21, 2019, 08:36:25 pm
 Suehiro scrapped vanilla for GO, yeah the same guy that did Ikemen Vanilla, surely he had good reasons.

I just have another question: What engine would be the most 'futureproof'? I mean even if we do not know what can happen with software support and things?

Just go back to the last page 59 and look for amidweiz answer to 2Dee4ever.
He pretty much answered this so well I think nobody can actually have better arguments.

Now I think people could stop derailing the thread, I tell you with all respect, because I think this is for helping in the developing on Ikemen GO and my posts reporting bugs and stuff are just getting buried below all your post about Mugen vs Vanilla vs Plus vs GO.

Pretty sure a new thread about engine wars could be done somewhere else  IMHO. No offense intended.
#1187  August 21, 2019, 09:36:29 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
It's perfectly acceptable for people to ask what differentiates vanilla/Plus and GO.

The likely reason SUEHIRO shifted from his own proprietary language (S-SIZE) to GoLang is because it's better documented and less cumbersome for other developers to work with. It's all well and good when you understand your own language, but then you have the hassle of attempting to document it for others to understand, which SUEHIRO kinda did but not particularly well. GoLang also has a number of pre-built plugins and such.

#1188  August 21, 2019, 09:52:16 pm
That is not what I meant, I guess it should be otherwise and maybe Gacel can start a thread when people like me just report bugs, differences found between Mugen and GO, engine errors and suggestions because all those stuff is getting buried below those walls of text about people discussing if GO worth the hassle.

I can say the topic is interesting and I will be surely participate but in another thread or in this thread if the bug reporting is being taken somewhere else.
I already use Gacel github to report bugs, but I like also doing it here because other players can look into issues they are having too and maybe look for possible solutions. Also forums are more Search engine friendly than Github.

It is my humble suggestion.
Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 09:56:03 pm by orochi_kyo
#1189  August 22, 2019, 12:03:15 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I see no problem with the advantages/disadvantages of the 2 Ikemens begin discused here, I keep track of the bugs the people post here in github so things do not get buried.

But maybe I should start a bug report tread.

Also in another news it seems that Add004 got updated to work on the new tag option!

Here is a battle of Simul vs Tag.
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#1190  August 22, 2019, 12:04:08 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Simul just doesn't work the same, probably becuase of the lifebars.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#1191  August 22, 2019, 12:14:32 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
It's because of the lifebars.
Add004 also include gameplay changes. (Also characters have a despawn animation on simul)
You can edit them out on commmon1.cns

EDIT:
Also I forgot to say it I released yet another update:
When you pressed Ctrl+# (The debug AI command) it did set the AI to 8 ignoring the difficulty setting, now it should set it up correctly.

EDIT2:
I remember that 2Dee4ever said that he could not get a poison effect work.
Upon reading more I found that in MUGEN it uses a reversal def bug.

Ikemen GO does have the "RedirectID" parameter that allow to use any State Controller on the other chars without the need to use the ReversalDef bug.

Here is a example of a very simple poison effect
Code:
[State -2, Poison]
type = LifeAdd
trigger1 = <Is the enemy posioned? trigger> ;(Could be a var that get set to a certain amount when a attack hits)
value = -1
kill = 0
RedirectID = <Enemy id here> ;(You can save it in a var when a attack hits)

EDIT3:
Hey Amidweiz I did manage to replicate the KFM combo (It was hard) and I noticed something if you replace the Strong Kung Fu Blow with a Light Kung Fu Blow the combo works.
It seems that the problem is in the way that Ikemen GO manages the combo window.
Does anyone know how many time does mugen give between hits?
Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 02:35:40 am by Gacel
#1192  August 22, 2019, 08:29:45 am
    • Turkey
Does anyone having isssue that after adding lua files(main-select)single mode and bonus stages does not appear?I am trying to fix it all day but nothing happens.Actually installing old main.lua makes bonus stages mode appears.But still no single.
And this char crashes ikemen https://www.sendspace.com/file/7q0xkc
#1193  August 22, 2019, 09:23:19 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
At line 8726 inside super.cns "offset = " does not have a value.
You need to erase that line.

About the bonus game bug, remember that bug that Mark85 reported?
Well... it seems that while fixing the bug I broke something on the parser. My bad.
I uploaded another commit and now it should be fixed.

EDIT: (As 24 agu)
Forgot to upload the changes, sorry.
Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 09:01:07 pm by Gacel
#1194  August 25, 2019, 07:35:35 am
    • Turkey
LoL.Its okay as my PC died.
#1195  August 26, 2019, 03:39:36 am
But maybe I should start a bug report tread.

Even here on MG you can see full game projects have their subforums arranged in a way that suggestions, releases, bug thread and discussions are separated. Sometimes I didnt even noticed you released a new build because is just buried behind all the discussion here. I guess a release thread could be nice.

Also sometimes I found differences between how GO PLus manages the code from Mugen, something I would like to share in bug thread. For example, in GO PLUS, targetbind behaves different with OTG(on the ground) hits, not exactly a bug because adjusting the POS value fixes this behavior.

[State 810,TargetBind]
type = TargetBind
trigger1 = AnimElem = 20,>=0 && AnimElem = 35,<0
pos = 34,0

Original value on Mugen was pos = 18,0

With original POS value.
https://streamable.com/jf3yb

After adjusting the POS value.
https://streamable.com/jjz9b

Thinking it better it seems that actually Terry hitbox push Whip back. Still is funny how things works.
Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:28:15 pm by orochi_kyo
#1196  August 26, 2019, 09:55:21 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yeah it looks like the hibox clash is the problem.
In Mugen when 2 hitboxes clashes they push eachother in a left and right.
In Ikemen GO a static hitbox is like a brick wall, is completely static unless it allows itself to be moved.

But I wonder why is only on the ground?
Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 01:51:30 am by Gacel
#1197  August 31, 2019, 02:17:03 am
    • USA
So yeah.. Screenbound does not work no matter what you try. Found a temp workaround using the camera helper. At the very least can see partners off screen.
#1198  September 01, 2019, 07:20:29 pm
    • Turkey
K4thos looks like was active 12 days ago.Did he said anything about unrelased code?
#1199  September 02, 2019, 02:53:37 am
K4thos looks like was active 12 days ago.Did he said anything about unrelased code?

this always happens, maybe like the 100th time hes been active and he's updated no one, so I doubt it, apparently he hasnt said anything to Gacel. Best to give up on that endeavor.
#1200  September 09, 2019, 09:24:23 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yep it always happens, we have to accept the fact that K4thos did step down from development.

So yeah.. Screenbound does not work no matter what you try. Found a temp workaround using the camera helper. At the very least can see partners off screen.

Weird, ScreenBound works good on my end.
Remember "the results of ScreenBound  are valid for 1 tick"

It's hard to say what is wrong without the char.

Also new big update, all the changes were by neatunsou
I'll put the chagelog in a spoiler because is big.

As always builds are in AppVeyor:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Windblade-GR01/ikemen-go/build/artifacts

Also sorry for not begin here this last week, my PC broke (Literally, the case broke) so it's in repairs.
Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:59:22 pm by Gacel