YesNoOk

Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 04/27/2011 (Read 152763 times)

Started by Lord Mike, May 08, 2010, 08:49:42 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 7/1/2010
#41  July 02, 2010, 01:02:54 am
  • ^ The People Of This Community
    • www.caiman.us
Good Release i always loved houto no ken when i was a kid Im always using Kenshiro because of his Instant Death Special  ;Pill be here to Support  :sugoi:

Do You Think I Give a Fuck?
#42  July 04, 2010, 11:40:37 am
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
I have found an AI patch for Kenshiro and customized it to fit my edited Kenshiro (the default patch was made for the default kenshiro, with no original sprites, no super BG, no fatal ko, no nothing).
Here is a download link: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2001.07.2010?uc=1
I for one am in love with this AI. It uses Hokuto Ryugekiko and Muso Tensei to evade attacks most of the time and it is very aggressive. For me this is the challenge i was looking for.
After Saikei's Raoh AI patch, it is second best. It manages to take away 1 out of 2 rounds, but Saikei's AI patch is superior and will always win the match.
To use it, extract the files and paste them into the Kenshiro folder.
何故諦める必要がある? 何を迷うことがある奪い取れ。今は悪魔が微笑む時代なんだ。
#43  July 06, 2010, 11:20:47 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Random: if for whaever reason you're looking for things for a 'super mode', a different playstyle, or just new moves/supers, I'd advise looking at the moves for Hokuto Musou.  They are suitably ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldiAj86msSc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LscRGTs4Ovk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oLi_o62Ezk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTqRb13DxWk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWY3ca85GEc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMqAtqSp7OA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1maHMjSZueo&feature=related

If I thought it was feasible, I'd suggest Public Enemy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MH129EFjB-8&feature=related
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:31:27 pm by Bloodly
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 7/7/2010
#44  July 07, 2010, 06:06:53 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Ok, time for a new update.
This time around i've managed to implement the aura gauge individually from a lifebar. Except for Nericya's Juda and rei's updated Rei (i'm having trouble with their vars and fvars), all chars have it working well.
This aura gauge will now display the "God Fist Blow" at power=1500 and "Deadly Fist Blow" when the opponent has his death star shinning (and the bar is blue at level 1 and gold at level 2 of power). Also, when available, the text will change from "God Fist Blow" to "Deadly Fist Blow".
Other than this, i have implemented the "Counter Hit!", "Reversal" and "Guard Break!" green text messages for all chars.
And all chars will display that red triangle with their face when they have the death star for the first time showing in a round.
For Kenshiro i have added a few missing sounds: his taunt speech, his grab speech and his original intro with Mamiya.
I have changed a few of Shin's and Raoh's intros. Also changed Shin's 9000, 77 face icon and made it take the color of the current palette used.

Download link: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2007.07.2010
There is an edited fight.def file too. In case you are using Zohar's lifebar, or the edited version from the 7/1 update.
Some screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

EDIT: I have managed to fix that var issue i was mentioning regarding Rei and Juda and now they too have the text "God Fist Blow" and "Deadly Fist Blow" displayed next to the aura bar when available.
You can find them next to the other HNK chars here: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Update%2007.07.2010

Screenshots:

Which means you can use whatever lifebar you want without having to worry that the hnk gauges are missing.
Enjoy.
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 01:02:56 pm by lordmike
#45  July 08, 2010, 04:18:18 am
  • son of sparda
    • nmowner.webs.com/
well dont but the char select screen needs work other than that great setup.
nMo new generation of mugen exposure
#46  July 08, 2010, 05:18:14 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 01:49:59 pm by lordmike
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei Kengo Retsuden M.U.G.E.N. version
#47  July 12, 2010, 04:52:22 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Nice job on the HnK full game.  :sugoi:

But...

I DLed Shin alone with his edits and a few things bug me...

- His intro against everyone else that isnt a HnK char pretty much leaves him a nekkid man without the girls putting clothes on him before putting him into full uniform.
- The sound glitches out during the end of FATAL KO!
- The Fatal KO BG flickers during the animation as well.

Souther...Well

- He produces clones on the hit opponent if the Fatal KO connects.
- If the Pyramid misses the blue BG stays.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:24:01 am by ecthelionv2
#48  July 12, 2010, 09:14:41 am
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
....I wish i could have a good answer for this. I'll give it a go.
**Shin:
If you look into this char you will notice that i've placed ; in his intro statedef and added special intros based on enemy names.
Well, if i leave it normal, when he meets a recognized char he will give his normal speech, and also give his special speech. They will overlap each other. And since my main focus was this game and how the chars interact with each other, i've left it like that.
The Fatal KO background bugs me too. Shin's fatal ko consists in 3 parts: when he attacks with his foot up in the air, when he approaches his enemy, and when his minions hold the enemy for him to pierce their chest. So i had to add this BG for all 3 states and now it flickers...
I have no answer for that sound issue, as it never happened to me....

**Thouther
During my tests he never produced any clones after his phoenix attack, at least not to any hnk related chars....
That blue BG remained a long time ago after the attack if the attack missed because i've set his remove at "time = 680". Now at 07.10 update if you miss the attack the BG disappears immediately.
#49  July 12, 2010, 11:52:48 am
Maybe you should keep one Red BG only.  That way it minimizes flickering since you only keep one and not three since it is a three part transition.

Also, I suggest keeping the original intro for non-mugen chars...since I am DLing shin for mainly the Fatal KO sign... though its odd for him to just stand there naked.

As for the sound, try it on normal mugen.

As for Thoughter's phoenix attack...well, I did it to both HnK chars and non-HnK chars and same thing happens.

Oh, there is a slight delay when the Red BG comes out for the Super KO for the pyramid.

#50  July 12, 2010, 02:23:47 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Maybe you should keep one Red BG only.  That way it minimizes flickering since you only keep one and not three since it is a three part transition.

Also, I suggest keeping the original intro for non-mugen chars...since I am DLing shin for mainly the Fatal KO sign... though its odd for him to just stand there naked.

As for the sound, try it on normal mugen.

As for Thoughter's phoenix attack...well, I did it to both HnK chars and non-HnK chars and same thing happens.

Oh, there is a slight delay when the Red BG comes out for the Super KO for the pyramid.

It's all fixed now. You should not have any more problems. I've made good use of a new code and now the lifebar won't disappear behind the red BG and it won't blink/flick/etc.
Get Shin and Thouther here: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/HNK%20fixes . While i was at it, i've fixed Kenshiro's red BG at the beginning of his fatal ko (it was disappearing while he was ripping his shirt and it shouldn't have).
Here is a video that will show the fixes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAi_hvBmI0c
Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:06:37 pm by lordmike
#51  July 12, 2010, 07:43:31 pm
I'll be checking up on most of the chars. I'll try Yuda next since he's part of my normal mugen team.

#52  July 15, 2010, 07:16:47 pm
  • "Let Us Cling Together."
Found a bug in Shin's intro, the girls stays there until they are off screen then disappears. Fix that dude!
#53  July 23, 2010, 10:25:49 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
The stages don't make the jump to Mugen 1.0+ very well: your floor ends up airbourne.

It's been a while: How would one fix this, I wonder?
Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 04:17:56 pm by Bloodly
#54  July 23, 2010, 11:10:18 pm
  • MUGEN THe DReam COme TRue
Excellent Job dude makin drowin chars better  :sugoi:

Sometimes Kenshiro is controlled by pc in arcade versus or trainning mode, and he still having misaligned stance, and plz give back mr heart IT HURTS!! power to Shin
Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:06:50 am by ALCoL
#55  July 25, 2010, 09:43:38 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
The stages don't make the jump to Mugen 1.0+ very well: your floor ends up airbourne.

Uhm....i don't have an answer for that issue at the time being, i've only worked with this in older mugen+windows xp. I have no knowledge of this game's stability on windows 7/vista and mugen 1.0+...I'll look into it and leave you a p.m. as soon as i come up with an answer.

Sometimes Kenshiro is controlled by pc in arcade versus or trainning mode, and he still having misaligned stance, and plz give back mr heart IT HURTS!! power to Shin

When that happens with Kenshiro simply press ESC, enter arcade/vs/training and select him again and you should be able to control him. This ai patch was created by someone named KELN and it is not very stable, but i prefer it over drowin's AI because it is far more challenging.
You'll have that edit of Shin with Mr. Heart tomorrow.
Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:49:25 pm by lordmike
#56  July 26, 2010, 03:21:14 am

Uhm....i don't have an answer for that issue at the time being, i've only worked with this in older mugen+windows xp. I have no knowledge of this game's stability on windows 7/vista and mugen 1.0+...I'll look into it and leave you a p.m. as soon as i come up with an answer.

When that happens with Kenshiro simply press ESC, enter arcade/vs/training and select him again and you should be able to control him. This ai patch was created by someone named KELN and it is not very stable, but i prefer it over drowin's AI because it is far more challenging.
You'll have that edit of Shin with Mr. Heart tomorrow.

:o Thanx hommie, and what about drowin's toki  ;D ;D
#57  July 26, 2010, 04:18:32 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia

:o Thanx hommie, and what about drowin's toki  ;D ;D
All done. Re-introduced Shin's super move with Mr.Heart. I've added the blue super BG for it and the Super_KO BG if that attack kills the opponent.

While i was at it, i took the time and polished a few other things in the chars.
I've increased Toki's AI to it's maximum level (level 12, he was originally at 9 and was a push-over) and fixed the fatal ko background, sign and sound for Juda, Toki and Raoh.
For Juda in most of the cases the FKO sign was blinking or not showing at all.
For Raoh that Super_ko BG was blinking badly while the Fatal KO sign was displayed.
And Toki's super_ko BG was missing while fighting some chars.
I've added some feathers while Rei's water bird is displayed in his FKO move.

Download link: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/HNK%20fixes?uc=7

LE: Kenshiro and Raoh by drowin while performing a super move, during the super pause there was a strange phenomenon going on: the screen seemed to be getting darker. Anyway, in this last attempt at polishing them i have eliminated that darkening effect, and reduced their animations from 1200+ to ~500.

About drowin's Toki i don't know what to say. Drowin's chars are pretty hard to work with and editing them is a real pain at times, as his vars and fvars are very different from most of the other chars...Perhaps i'll give him a go at some point.
Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:15:52 pm by lordmike
Re: Hokuto no Ken: Shinpan no Sōsōsei M.U.G.E.N. version updated 7/31/2010
#58  July 31, 2010, 11:10:20 pm
  • 見ろ! これが執念の力だ!
    • Somalia
Since i had a little extra time on my hand these days, i took that time and polished these chars some more.
My main focus were drowin's Kenshiro and Raoh and Nericya's Juda.

The fixes are the fallowing:

**Kenshiro by drowin
-Re-arranged gauge's position for ten ha no kamae & muso tensei (both player 1 and player 2 have them in proper position above the boost bar)
-Aligned God Fist Blow and Deadly Fist Blow text messages with the Aura bar
-Noticed that Kenshiro did not had an intro with random chars and made that possible
-Added crunching fist sound for his intro
-Fixed his "cut i"n animation during super moves as it was flickering
-Added a nice effect before super moves
-Added some effects for his super attack Ten Ha Kassatsu that were missing
-Improved his power up for a fatal ko (that pink aura thing that all chars have)
-Fixed his AI issue. Now it won't take control of the player in arcade or vs mode

**Raoh by drowin
-Added a nice effect before super moves
-Re-arranged gauge's position for his red power up & muso tensei (both player 1 and player 2 have them in proper position above the boost bar)
-Aligned God Fist Blow and Deadly Fist Blow text messages with the Aura bar
-Improved his power up for a fatal ko (that pink aura thing that all chars have).
-Added intro sound for a random char
-Added sound for Kokuoh's hoof steps
-Improved a little his Fatal KO sign and animation timing

**Juda-(Nericya)
-Finally made possible the use of only 1 Juda as i've managed to implement the things i wanted to in the right place
-Added the explod called Poison in front of the face icon for Juda's attack with Komaku and that vial of poison (when the move connects)
-Placed Dagarl's Revenge! explod next to his lifebar for both p1 and p2
-Repositioned Komaku's lifebar and now when it's depleted that orange bar will not go out of the lifebar and into the stage, but instead withdraw next to his face
-Fixed his Fatal KO sign and animation: there were times when a black screen was showing instead of the actual animation, or another Juda appeared instead of that animation ->traced the issue and it's fixed now

**Toki, Souther, Shin, Mr.Heart
-Added the same effect for super moves as i've added Kenshiro, Raoh and Juda
-Aligned their GFB and DFB text messages next to the aura bar
-For Souther i've added an intro sound for random chars

Download link: http://cid-c41af243452cc3c6.office.live.com/browse.aspx/HNK%2031.07.2010?uc=1
Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:47:38 pm by lordmike
#59  August 01, 2010, 01:37:53 am
Nice update on Kenshiro AI, and effects in rest of chars  :sugoi:
#60  August 03, 2010, 05:23:23 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Fixing the stages to look reasonable in MUGEN 1.0+:

Open stage DEF file.

Change Zoffset to about 310.
Change Camera Starty And Boundlow to about 100.

'Tis a bit of a hack, but it works, somewhat; at least they're on the floor and the camera looks alright: 

If others using 1.0+ would care to test and come up with more precise numbers or better ways to do this, I'll be grateful.
Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:57:20 pm by Bloodly