YesNoOk

Lami the fox(Original) release ver 1.06 (Read 13503 times)

Started by Y5ha, September 04, 2022, 05:10:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Lami the fox(Original) release ver 1.06
#21  September 24, 2022, 05:30:50 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Tested a bit more:

- Several supers give back a small amount of power
- Either the large fireball Clsn1 is a bit too big or the movement speed is too slow. I usually say that Kung Fu Man should be able to neutral jump over fireballs
- Back dash is a bit useless. You could allow attacking during it
- I noticed this before, but after fighting her AI now I'm sure of it: the draw walking and dashing speeds are too fast. The dash is very hard to deal with because it's like a teleport. If you want to keep the dash speed you could balance it by removing ctrl during it
- QCB (214) commands are backwards in the readme
- Suppressor Ray (I missed this move earlier) is very overpowered. The animation should be slower and/or the beam position could be fixed instead of tracking
- B version Shocker Thrust is already slow so I think you shouldn't need gauge to use it in combos
- B Double slash doesn't look like a move that should be invincible. I'm not sure how else to explain it but it's not intuitive. You could make it safer on block instead
- Flux happens a bit too fast. Not in terms of game balance but in terms of animation/visuals. Maybe add a slow motion effect after the explosion?
- Flux Clsn1 is a bit too long. Range could be about half screen instead of full screen
- One time I jumped over the AI and then it got stuck in state 0 and didn't turn around to face me
- Palettes 1, 6 and 12 are too similar (can be confusing if there's more than one Lami)
- I think the fireballs should also "explode" when they are blocked. It's a bit confusing to keep them in the screen

About this:
(WARNING : If you parry an helper, it destroys itself. It can put some characters into critical errors.(ex : jjba character's stand attacks))
You can make the attribute of the ReversalDef be a throw to minimize the problem ("attr = S, NT" like if it were a Hitdef). And then instead of using ReversalDef against projectiles, use HitOverride.
Although I think I'd personally make her unable to reflect projectiles since the non draw mode can throw fireballs
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 05:41:41 pm by PotS
#22  September 24, 2022, 06:12:14 pm
    • South Korea
Thanks! I'm kinda busy working on the next character(+preparing for Korean SAT) so maybe the next update will take place after release of it.
- B version Shocker Thrust is already slow so I think you shouldn't need gauge to use it in combos
Although the gauge used for this is to prevent Infinite combos. Removing this may allow infinite combos such as "Ground LP HP - Thrust - Air LP HP."  I could have made velocity dampning for each hits, but I'm worried that if it makes the special gauge seem pretty useless.(Making it seem useful again may change the combos and the gameplay pretty much. I don't wanna change the system or combo routes too much,  too. :l)
Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 06:20:26 pm by Y5ha
#23  September 24, 2022, 08:36:17 pm
    • Portugal
I know what you mean but "Ground LP HP - Thrust" doesn't combo because B Thrust is slow, so it's already balanced without consuming gauge, I think.

Speaking of that move, maybe add "movecamera = 0, 1" to the wall bounce custom state. It makes the camera move around a lot if the stage has zooming.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#24  September 24, 2022, 08:42:35 pm
    • South Korea
I know what you mean but "Ground LP HP - Thrust" doesn't combo because B Thrust is slow, so it's
Oops, Looks I didn't mentioned 'when opponent is air'. What I meant was juggling enemy to the air through that combo allows infinite combo. Sorry for the mistakes.(maybe I had to wrote 'ground' to 'Stand'.xD)
+Thanks again for the cameras!
Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:47:18 pm by Y5ha
#25  September 24, 2022, 08:47:59 pm
    • Portugal
Oh, you're right, it does loop when you are juggling the opponent. Makes sense. I do like the way it only wall bounces if you have special guage.
#26  September 25, 2022, 05:35:24 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Best of luck on your SATs, thank you for the constant stream of updates on Lami using POTS' feedback.