YesNoOk

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Cross-Play) Switch, Xbox One, and PC (Read 417042 times)

Started by yaret, January 19, 2019, 02:24:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid (Cross-Play) Switch, Xbox One, and PC
#21  January 22, 2019, 05:04:25 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I wonder how accessible this would be as per required lore knowledge to make heads or tails of the characters.  Because I fondly recall the original series, up to somewhere around the Green Ranger gets introduced, turns into the White Ranger, and they defeat Ivan Ooze.  Literally everything of the decade+ beyond that is a mystery to me, and not something I'm particularly interested in delving into again.  I just enjoyed the original back when it was new and the turnout that was Jason Frank thanks to the show's influence.

For example, why is the Yellow Ranger a pirate who misunderstands the concept of a whip blade?

It helps to have some knowledge of the series, but the game should also try to convince new people to look up some of the ranger shows as well. Now that I think about it, I think the mobile game had a thing where you can look at the history behind a certain ranger.
#22  January 22, 2019, 05:48:28 am
    • Brazil
Well, surely they wouldn't cut non-ranger villains out, right? I mean, they're also iconic, and seeing only rangers would make it look quite boring.
#23  January 22, 2019, 08:28:58 am

lui

#24  January 22, 2019, 08:33:56 am
    • USA
For example, why is the Yellow Ranger a pirate who misunderstands the concept of a whip blade?

Because in the original series Super Megaforce comes from, Gokaiger, the rangers are literally pirates who use stolen powers from the previous rangers hence the pirate motif all around. Most of the crew in that series are actually very dick-ish and tend to want to use the powers for selfish reasons until they prove themselves to be worthy of the powers from the previous owners, its totally lost in the translation to Super Megaforce because they ignore the whole pirate thing altogether.

The whip blade thing comes from the source material as well as thats what the yellow ranger and the blue ranger train with and primarily use, the Blue Ranger training underneath a dual wield swordsman as his mentor from the evil alien empire after all. The green and pink ranger in turn focus  more on using guns instead of the swords and whips, with the red ranger doing well in both areas. The original show is actually quite interesting and does well to explain most of the stuff you might find odd they do in Super Megaforce
Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:37:20 am by Walruslui
#25  January 22, 2019, 09:19:47 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com

Because in the original series Super Megaforce comes from, Gokaiger, the rangers are literally pirates who use stolen powers from the previous rangers hence the pirate motif all around. Most of the crew in that series are actually very dick-ish and tend to want to use the powers for selfish reasons until they prove themselves to be worthy of the powers from the previous owners, its totally lost in the translation to Super Megaforce because they ignore the whole pirate thing altogether.

The whip blade thing comes from the source material as well as thats what the yellow ranger and the blue ranger train with and primarily use, the Blue Ranger training underneath a dual wield swordsman as his mentor from the evil alien empire after all. The green and pink ranger in turn focus  more on using guns instead of the swords and whips, with the red ranger doing well in both areas. The original show is actually quite interesting and does well to explain most of the stuff you might find odd they do in Super Megaforce

YEAH! I have no idea why they failed to bring together the pirate idea in the american version, I guess to cut down content since at the time Power Rangers was in a rocky spot in terms of Saban. If anyone wants to get the raw experience for the shows, nowadays you can watch the Japanese version with english subtitles.
#26  January 22, 2019, 01:18:55 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#27  January 22, 2019, 05:38:46 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Ok, you can get ideas from the roster in the mobile version, but in no way they'll just port it to console. They must be working on rangers exclusive to the console version then.
#28  January 22, 2019, 06:00:48 pm
    • Brazil
Ok, you can get ideas from the roster in the mobile version, but in no way they'll just port it to console. They must be working on rangers exclusive to the console version then.
Yeah, the mobile roster is REALLY big, and it includes some villains too, as well as Street Fighter characters and even a Power Ranger Ryu.
#29  January 22, 2019, 06:46:53 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, the mobile roster is REALLY big, and it includes some villains too, as well as Street Fighter characters and even a Power Ranger Ryu.

Which makes me wonder who all is going to be in the base roster for the console version.
#30  January 30, 2019, 09:12:23 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
gameplay extended

I dont like so much the frenzy on fighting games. :S thats why never liked mvc3 and this game looks will go on that way.
Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:17:03 pm by yaret
#31  January 30, 2019, 11:22:07 pm
  • "Nobody Blocks Block Man!"
  • The Ultimate Lurker
This game looks a lot like MVCI
I will forever refer to "Stands" as "Personas" and i will never be stoped
#32  January 30, 2019, 11:27:50 pm
Because of the big flashy effects ? Personally the bad anatomy movements rather make me think Mortal Kombat. Although, we don't see anyone jumping but at least when a hit launches someone in the air it seems to have better physics than MK.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#33  January 31, 2019, 01:08:36 am
    • Brazil
#34  January 31, 2019, 02:39:47 am
Oh yeah lol, between the motions and the HUD, this all just looks like a straight upscale with zero added effort.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#35  February 07, 2019, 12:41:32 am

lui

#36  February 07, 2019, 01:02:00 am
    • USA
devs confirmed theres jumping on twitter lol

personally im pretty optimistic about the game, the visuals and whatnot would make me worried...

if this game wasnt 20 bucks. its a 20 dollar game with the deluxe edition being 40. it's a pretty low risk to take and it's clear the devs arent working with a huge budget and are just doing the best with what they got.

so for a 20 dollar game its looking pretty fun, especially with the fact theres crossplay (something most triple a games dont even have lol)
#37  February 07, 2019, 11:48:34 am
#38  March 07, 2019, 12:22:15 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Grow my monster, GROW! Reviving topic to say that the team working on the game did a livestream showing off more stuff on Twitch recently. NWay Games is the name if you want to search it up.
#39  March 07, 2019, 08:33:48 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Grow my monster, GROW! Reviving topic to say that the team working on the game did a livestream showing off more stuff on Twitch recently. NWay Games is the name if you want to search it up.

thanks.!
#40  March 10, 2019, 01:32:08 pm
    • Argentina
it looks pretty entertaining
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty