YesNoOk

The Scarlet Witch (Read 5355 times)

Started by JJkoolaid, June 28, 2022, 04:35:38 am
Share this topic:
The Scarlet Witch
#1  June 28, 2022, 04:35:38 am
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
A MVC2 character. The Scarlet Witch is a powerful character not OP but can be if you play her that way. She now has a flight mode. She is an aerial queen meaning that most of her combos and hypers are done in flight mode only. Her Calamity Spheres track opponents wherever they are located. Her level 3 attacks anywhere were the opponent is located. In addition she can repel attacks in the air while playing offensive!

this video is showcasing her AI

Download link here that also includes other JJkoolaid characters with updated patch versions at One Drive.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsZOw0hipnFTakZiYXCaE1COkdM?e=EdPMCM
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 02:57:18 am by JJkoolaid
Re: The Scarlet Witch
#2  June 28, 2022, 12:56:48 pm
    • USA
    • tsthomas2121@yahoo.com
Feels like MCU Wanda has come to wreck the Mugen Multiverse of Madness. Thanks for this outstanding release.
#3  June 29, 2022, 02:19:03 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
JJkoolaid you did wonderful job with the character and giving credit to the original creator for her, loved the challenge of her AI and loved how she played very well. I hope they give you Character of the Month because this is well loved and Great character for Marvel, I know a lot mugen fan will indeed enjoy this master pieces and also RajaaBoy for the code assistance that is really awesome
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#4  June 29, 2022, 03:46:02 am
    • USA
JJkoolaid you did wonderful job with the character and giving credit to the original creator for her, loved the challenge of her AI and loved how she played very well. I hope they give you Character of the Month because this is well loved and Great character for Marvel, I know a lot mugen fan will indeed enjoy this master pieces and also RajaaBoy for the code assistance that is really awesome

I appreciate your input Old Gamer. Positive input like this keeps me going to create more awesome characters for everyone. Great artwork is meant to be shared. I am keeping my fingers crossed to get COTM one day. :)
#5  June 29, 2022, 04:50:33 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
I don't know if it's just me or not but her AI doesn't really seem that hard. Most of the time it just shimmies and uses low attacks, I don't see it actually use any of her actual tools.
About the character herself: the moves involving throws tend to look a bit janky and idk why, her attack grunts sound more like pain grunts, I cannot get the flight mode's telekinetic grab to work even in an air combo, and move commands seem all over the place.
I don't really have much to say about this, it's an okay release but "okay" is about all I can judge it as.
#6  June 29, 2022, 05:55:17 am
    • USA
I don't know if it's just me or not but her AI doesn't really seem that hard. Most of the time it just shimmies and uses low attacks, I don't see it actually use any of her actual tools.
About the character herself: the moves involving throws tend to look a bit janky and idk why, her attack grunts sound more like pain grunts, I cannot get the flight mode's telekinetic grab to work even in an air combo, and move commands seem all over the place.
I don't really have much to say about this, it's an okay release but "okay" is about all I can judge it as.

Her Telekinetic grab only works in Flight mode and when opponent is in get hit state best used after you hit opponent with Air Hard Punch. First air combo as usual then use Air Hard Punch. During that time input into Flight mode and then Telekinetic Grab. Refer to the read me for more on this. I couldn't find all her of attacks sounds from MUA 3: Black Order. The Ai works best with Mugen 1.0/1.1  settings in game engine. Settings 5 and up is where her Ai is shining. 4 and below she is a punching bag. She mainly uses her moves in combos. I may update the Ai in a later patch. As far as the move commands,I wanted to keep it simple and within easy reach to combo after the other.
Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 06:20:09 am by JJkoolaid
#7  June 29, 2022, 07:25:02 am
  • Did I hear something about a scooby snack?
    • USA
    • squidlypoli1.neocities.org
Her Telekinetic grab only works in Flight mode and when opponent is in get hit state best used after you hit opponent with Air Hard Punch. First air combo as usual then use Air Hard Punch. During that time input into Flight mode and then Telekinetic Grab. Refer to the read me for more on this. I couldn't find all her of attacks sounds from MUA 3: Black Order. The Ai works best with Mugen 1.0/1.1  settings in game engine. Settings 5 and up is where her Ai is shining. 4 and below she is a punching bag. She mainly uses her moves in combos. I may update the Ai in a later patch. As far as the move commands,I wanted to keep it simple and within easy reach to combo after the other.

After you told me that I tested the telekinetic grab again and I guess it really is more for launch/splat hitstates than it is regular hitstun states, so I guess it was my bad for not experimenting enough. I also set the AI difficulty to 8 and I can definitely see why you'd consider it a challenge.

Another issue I found: Apparently the warp counter doesn't really account for character scales that aren't 1:1, so hi-res/HD characters like Muteki's May wind up looking bigger than they should be when hit in it

#8  June 29, 2022, 08:03:32 pm
    • USA

After you told me that I tested the telekinetic grab again and I guess it really is more for launch/splat hitstates than it is regular hitstun states, so I guess it was my bad for not experimenting enough. I also set the AI difficulty to 8 and I can definitely see why you'd consider it a challenge.

Another issue I found: Apparently the warp counter doesn't really account for character scales that aren't 1:1, so hi-res/HD characters like Muteki's May wind up looking bigger than they should be when hit in it

Telekinetic Grab also works on regular hit states as well before they are go lying to the ground. One example. Is using Magic Combustion when the move hits. Input Flight mode from the ground and input Telekinetic Grab. You would have to fly a bit up but will give you enough time to execute a combo. Also Flight mode Hex bolts have a longer stun time when it hits. Giving you enough time to input Telekinetic Grab. You could see in the demo video time stamp 1:29 . I was in flight most of the time but once the Flight Hex bolt hits, I was able to grab them and start combos in flight. Thanks for letting me know about the character scale in the warp counter. I will try to fix it and put in a later patch.
#9  June 29, 2022, 08:17:39 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
GREAT!! :yikes:

Can I convert your Scarlet Witch into PotS Style? :shocked2:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#10  June 30, 2022, 12:08:22 am
    • USA
#11  June 30, 2022, 10:53:47 pm
    • Mexico
I don't see the char anywhere in the OneDrive carpet. What happened?
#12  July 01, 2022, 01:13:06 am
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#13  July 01, 2022, 03:01:47 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Great
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#14  July 01, 2022, 03:57:25 am
  • Fist of Nothingness
  • I'm not powerful.
    • Mexico
    • j_llamosa@hotmail.com
This is a bold release, thank you so much.