YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2919328 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#11321  August 03, 2020, 07:42:50 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The only way I'll accept Dan coming to SFV is if they make him Mr. Saikyo. At this point, that's the only real way they can advance him any further as a character.

Have him be the opposite of Mr. Karate: Instead of everyone knowing who he is and calling him out for him to deny it with a jokey persona, have Dan be just incredibly serious and have all the characters think he's some mysterious mighty warrior, and then he comes out and is like "Haha, it's just me, Dan Hibiki!" but no one literally recognizes him as Dan other than Sakura and Blanka for obvious reasons.

...I also know it'll never happen, but I'd like to see Violent Ken in SFV, please?
#11322  August 03, 2020, 07:44:59 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

A wrestler? Maybe it's Abel, since his 3D model is already finished.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#11323  August 03, 2020, 08:36:49 pm
    • USA
Violent Ken for SFV,  with this pose as a super move for him
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11324  August 05, 2020, 07:18:58 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
DAN IS BACK!!!
ROSE IS BACK!!!
ORO IS BACK!!!
AKIRA FROM SCHOOL RIVALS IS IN!!!
LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO!!!!
This is fate.
#11325  August 05, 2020, 07:21:21 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Roadmap from the Broadcast.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#11326  August 05, 2020, 07:27:42 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I don't care what anyone says, I love Dan. I am beyond hype for him, and Akira is an awesome pick as well. I love Rival Schools and still hook up my Dreamcast from time-to-time to play Project Justice. I'm bummed they're going to take so long to come out but I am honestly super excited.

Download Last Bout now!
#11327  August 05, 2020, 07:30:53 pm
akira is dope , hope they do her justice. and possible rival school continuation.
#11328  August 05, 2020, 07:34:42 pm
  • Indeed
I didn’t expect a Rival Schools character, and even if I did I wouldn’t have expected Akira Kazama. Color me pleased. Also, the old freako Oro is in!
#11329  August 05, 2020, 08:27:21 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Imagine paying for Dan in 2020.  At least they are kind enough to give Dan new duds by fans.  Maybe Mr.Saikyo may be a thing.

Akira hooray except gotta wait for the rebranded EVO next year until you see her in action.  Hopefully this gives Capcom time to reintroduce Rival Schools to the casual audiences in some way because unlike Final Fight and Darkstalkers, a wide majority has no idea on Akira's backstory.  I wonder if Itsuno is gonna write her chapter IIRC he has an idea for the story of Rival Schools 3.

5 costumes?  Seijyun HS uniform?  Powered Akira?  Awesome.

The final character being a guest would make sense as a last hoorah towards CPT 2022.
Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 08:36:33 pm by Kirishima
#11330  August 05, 2020, 08:43:57 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
I'm a simple man.

I see my main man Dan with a plan for the fan...s.

And I'm happy. <3 <3 <3

Thank CHRIST my BOY is BACK HOME.
#11331  August 05, 2020, 09:07:35 pm
Akira
WHAT THE FUCK
Never thought that would actually ever happen. Never thought RS would ever see the light of day again, and never thought Akira would be the first pick.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:10:48 pm by Byakko
#11332  August 05, 2020, 09:20:45 pm
Wow wow wow.... Akira from RS being confirmed after a long decade. She will have a her very own English voice since RS are voiced in Japanese. Also, now that Dan is back and it's a pure coincidence that Maximilian Dude is doing a legacy with Dan for fun. Now that's a good timing.
#11333  August 05, 2020, 09:21:08 pm
    • Mexico
Couldn't be any more glad about Akira, if there was anyone from that game who deserved a chance at a new game, it was her for sure. Call me a spoilsport, but I don't really like most of Rival Schools' cast, at least moveset-wise, Batsu and Hinata are just miniature versions of Ryu and Sakura, Hideo is just Ryu in a teacher outfit, Shoma just isn't fun to play with, Roy is just a bigger parody to SNK than Dan, period; Batsu's dad is a big fat Wolverine and the rest is just meh.

Girl deserved the spotlight big time.
#11334  August 05, 2020, 09:29:11 pm
  • Give me Tea, or Cake!
The sheer amount of screaming butthurt on YouTube when the characters were announced was almost hilarious. "OMFG WTF Dan?? Oro is shit tier! (I kid you not...)" and my favourite one. "Akira? Why not BATSU?? Capcom gone and fucked up BIGTIME!"

So uhh.. yeah, don't let the door hit you on the way out...

I for one, am hyped. I couldn't get behind a lot of the cast... but I have my Rose back, and Akira, whom I never thought would see the light of day again. Still one more character to be revealed.  Didn't someone mention Rolento?
#11335  August 05, 2020, 09:30:47 pm
Batsu fits more into something like the Versus series.  More reason to love Akira being the rep here.

She will have a her very own English voice.
Please let it be by someone that is actually aware of Rival Schools before this news and even played it their lifespan.

It's gonna be Noel Vermilion isn't it
#11336  August 05, 2020, 09:31:58 pm
Roy in Project Justice got a tackle super that makes him a lot more interesting than a random Ken/Terry clone. Beside all the niche high school tropes, there were still a bunch of unique and nice characters and nice moves. Daigo (and Wild Daigo), Demon Hyo, Kurow and the Vatsu mix, Zaki... Akira is still the best of them, though (Kurow/Vatsu is a close second IMO). I hope she gets moves from both her regular and Powered version, her Powered supers in Project Justice were sick AF. (well, Powered Akira's Haten no Kamae simplifies several of her moves into a single special stance)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:51:13 pm by Byakko
#11337  August 05, 2020, 09:49:05 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
Rose and Akira hype!
#11338  August 05, 2020, 09:58:48 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
I love Batsu a lot, but I'm glad they didn't put him again to represent Justice Gakuen games.

As I think of it. I make a connection with this Capcom Figting game cancelled where Ingrid first appeared.
Akira was part of this project, alongside with Bastsu, and I cannot remember if more RS characters where in it.

But I'm not that surprised they took Akira finally !

So, the rumors about Oro and Rose where real... Who will be the last character ?? Any rumors yet. I heard of Maki, but someone can confirm?
#11339  August 05, 2020, 10:01:15 pm
Still one more character to be revealed.  Didn't someone mention Rolento?
The popular theory was that there have been "leaks" of what the next roster would be like that ended up including 2 of the 6 mentioned.  The rest being Rolento, Elena, C.Viper, and Makoto (Maki too?).  But the fact the last character is being secret when they Immediately revealed Akira makes me believe it's a guest entry.  I can't see them ending with Viper or Makoto.

(Kurow/Vatsu is a close second IMO).
I see you're a man of culture as well  :beatnik2:  Tho Akira would almost always be my pick for an RS rep anywhere.

For Akira, V-Skill is a stance, pretty standard and could lead to either a grab or an attack with V-Skill 2 being a launcher as I see her being using more Aerial Raves like Kyosuke in CvS2.  V-Trigger 1 could have her gain enhanced moves ala Powered Form that also affects her Critical Art Kikou Kai and even unlock a new move or two and V-Trigger 2 could just be Haten Mueishuu for those who just want a quick high damage combo out of a LP/LK.  Last hit could be a wall hit leading up to a mixup.
#11340  August 05, 2020, 10:24:25 pm
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
The way I see it, the reason the final character wasn't mentioned is because it is indeed a guest character, or it could be a completely new character. Would make sense for either to be the case: Between wanting to keep the guest character secret for obvious hype-building reasons, and not having much, if anything done for the fresh face.