YesNoOk

Final Fantasy MegaThread (Read 414539 times)

Started by DatKofGuy, December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 am
Share this topic:
Final Fantasy MegaThread
#1  December 20, 2012, 07:06:40 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa

Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:04:48 am by [DKG]
Re: Final Fantasy XIII-3 - Lightning Returns
#2  December 20, 2012, 07:11:14 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
"You should know who I am"

Well no dip Square's been trying to make us like you for being one of the strongest characters in FF canon jeez.

But is this all we have on this game?
I'd like to know more about it before saying anything, although it's not a good sign to be confined to ONE city.
#3  December 20, 2012, 07:13:37 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa

Check first post, added additional info
#4  December 20, 2012, 07:21:46 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Bright red markings on important areas to traverse?  When did Lightning become a Runner?

It's nice to see more on the Final Fantasy series that I actually care about, and more-so my favorite charracter, but similar to XIII-2, she's been completely remodeled, and I can't find any sense in it.  From military grade gunblades to....whatever that is she's using now?  At least in XIII-2 when she became godess of all time and space she kept a gunblade.  Just made it god-tier.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So confusing still....but no different than when XIII-2 was announced.  Guess we'll just wait for more info.
#5  December 20, 2012, 07:22:24 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
So according to the trailer, it's the Final Final Fantasy XIII :laugh:
#6  December 20, 2012, 07:27:40 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I don't care what anyone says. I loved the last 2 and am looking forward to this one. I still have to beat the DLC for XIII-2, unfortunately.

And Lightning has a different design involving armors and special gunblades every time because they said they wanted to make her look more fantasy like in the previous Final Fantasy's.
And since when did Lightning become a God? Nevermind, I remember now. Caius killed the previous Goddess or something, right? And Lightning was chosen as the next Goddess. Dammit. I'm going to have to play around XIII-2 a bit to remember the story.

Posted: December 20, 2012, 07:30:21 am
Her new design looks like that of a sadist/tyrant. It's different and I like it.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#7  December 20, 2012, 07:38:48 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Oh god another one ? geez.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#8  December 20, 2012, 07:40:50 am
    • USA
Lightning became a god in a sense when what's-her-face in the statue Etro made her guardian of all of existance.  She was just human with such powers, though, didn't really become a god until that event at the end.

And look more fantasy...?  I can see the irony, but part of the reason I first got into XIII was because they were straying from that.  Ugh.  Well, at least you can change her looks...

Hopefully they don't go all DLC crazy on things designed to be there in the first place...but I doubt that'll be the case.  Just this time, don't cause false hype.  I was freaking out over a mention of a side mission with Ezio Auditore or greater reference like that, just to learn it was just you can pay $5 to dress Noel in Ezio's outfit....
#9  December 20, 2012, 08:26:30 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
I'm not really into that whole 13 day time base shit but considering that they said they will have different events for each play through then thats fine by me. Other then that the game looks awesome but i still need to get more info about it before i make my decision of it being one of my main games to get next year. I guess it's time to finish up on FF13-2.
#10  December 20, 2012, 08:35:42 am
Well. I hate FFXIII still but this looks better. The Paradigm shift, break and such looks to be gone so we might get actual FF-type gameplay. But at the same time it still looks terrible, you pretty much cannot make this lore likable IMO.
#11  December 20, 2012, 08:49:10 am
    • USA
...Ouch.

I'd forgotten about that Majora's Mask-esque time limit for this one.  Adding the customization factor in, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Link mask somewhere in the game.

I just hope switching weapons is possible to get rid of that replacement sword for Sephiroth she's using.

Curious now, what with Lightning's ability over time, can you return to any point you want, like Prince of Persia or Braid, or just to set places in time?
#12  December 20, 2012, 02:37:30 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I would rather prefer they create another FF game, and not another sequel of XIII. Oh well, hope it's the last one and they move to another one.

So basically, they're aiming to something similar to Majora's Mask with the day system. I honestly liked Majora's Mask and the way you had to play, so I'm kind of interested on what they will do here.
#13  December 21, 2012, 05:02:53 am
  • hecc
The trailer in the first pist got taken down.... Damnit
youre a fucking meme. another borewood. REIWOOD. SHIP CONFIRMED.
I will force feed Dark Pit right into your ass if we ever play on wi fi.
i think this a dark souls of a mugen forums.
#14  December 21, 2012, 08:51:40 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA

Found another one
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#15  January 08, 2013, 08:46:37 am
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
    • mugenandgames.webs.com/
I loved the last 2 but I am getting to the point where I’m getting tired of Lightning. The stories to these games are always cheesy too. I love the game play to these games and all the different things you can do. I just hope this time they give a better story to go with it.
#16  January 08, 2013, 09:52:40 am
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
Why tired of her? She has maybe 30 mins screentime in the second game lol (15~ at the beginning, and then she appears every now and then through the game)

excluding her DLC/arena stuff
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

SNT

#17  January 08, 2013, 10:03:15 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Blinded By Light remix sounds alright, if a little hollow in places.  Good thing, always was my favourite track from XIII.
#18  January 16, 2013, 04:49:14 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#19  January 16, 2013, 06:11:33 pm
    • USA
Another Serah....could do without.

Wait, using Lightning as a toy?  Did the whole goddess thing just up and disappear?

#20  June 05, 2013, 02:09:18 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa

So.... thats Snow with that hair