YesNoOk

What did you do today? (Read 372014 times)

Started by lui, August 18, 2015, 06:42:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: What did you do today?
#801  June 21, 2017, 12:40:50 am
  • SNK is life
I was informed today that I might be getting a promotion tomorrow, and the amount of employees I manage might be increased anywhere from 400% to 1200% Q_Q #Bittersweet #Overwhelmed #ScaredAF
#802  June 21, 2017, 12:45:32 am
  • all is love in fair and war
congrats walt,
I should finish a final page for one of my commission project today.
#803  June 21, 2017, 01:04:32 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Congrats dude
Suddenly getting more responsibility is spooky but they wouldnt be giving it to you if they didnt know you can tackle it
Good luck mate
#804  July 12, 2017, 07:05:46 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Spent about 5 hours on the road this morning driving down to Boston.  Gonna check out the town before going to see the Gorillaz concert tonight.
#805  July 20, 2017, 04:35:29 am
  • The Red-Eyed Wonder
Job interview. I think everything should fall into place after this.

Also....it's been so long since I logged in. I was still using Photobucket for profile pictures!
This thread is producing a shitload of bad grammar, at this rate it'll be a disease.
#806  July 20, 2017, 07:41:35 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Just had my first shift at my new job today. Only a four hour training shift, but I'm getting a full eight hours on Friday.
#807  July 24, 2017, 12:13:46 am
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Just wanted to say I've now officially mastered the art of cracking eggs with a single hand.

You now may carry on. :3
#808  July 24, 2017, 05:09:25 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Went to a Barcade in a major city about 30 minutes away. Got to play the following:

- Dragon Spirit
- The Simpsons
- Punch Out
- Donkey Kong
- Children of the Atom
- Tetris
- Joust
- Mortal Kombat
- Various pinballs (a medieval one, an Addams Family one, a bar room brawl one, and a Star Trek one)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Play Choice 10 (on The Legend of Zelda)
- Metal Slug 2

Did pretty bad at most of them (did a solid 2 full cycle run on Donkey Kong though and got about 3 levels into TMNT with my brother before our food was ready, I had a macaroni and cheese and pulled pork sandwich with watercress) but had a blast on all of them. I'd have loved to play the old 80's Star Wars arcade they had but even though the coin slots were lit the screen was blank so I didn't try it because I thought it might eat my tokens (it was 2 for a game).

and you know I did this for the name entries

and if anyone's wondering, yes there is an arcade version of Tetris, it's a variant of Tengen's NES version that gives you tasks like getting a certain number of lines or working around block setups that's harder to play on a stick than you'd think. I remember playing a different arcade Tetris many years ago at an arcade though that was pretty poor though, but I might not be?
Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:45:23 am by Orochi Gill
#809  July 24, 2017, 09:23:06 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Spent the entire day on Pokemon Go. Me and two friends just basically hopped in the car and drove around the island looking for Lugia and Articuno. Highlights:

• Taking my friends to a burrito place, and demonstrating how most everyone there memorized my order by heart. Also that I somehow remembered one of my friends' favorite orders as well.
  • Our first Lugia sighting was in front of a bar. Our first Articuno was at an ANCIENT HAWAIIAN BURIAL GROUND. Neither of these were successful.
  • Walked around the mall window-shopping and camping at this one spot that just happened to have 4 Pokestops that were consistently lured.
  • We had a deep discussion on our racial heritage. Mine took forever because I'm a goddamn mutt.
  • Some dude walking by all the people hanging out in this area (there were about 30 of us all together) and saying "what the fuck is going on here?"
  • All 30 of us rushing to a Chinese restaurant to catch Lugia, then a breakfast place for Articuno. Not successful either.
  • Giving up, we drove back home, but stopped at a church where Lugia was roosted. Success!!!
  • When we got home, a group was camped out in front of a Starbucks for Articuno. Also a success!!!

Even if the event took forever, I was just really happy to be out and about with friends that were willing to entertain my whims lol
#810  July 26, 2017, 01:52:49 pm
last 3 days I've been drawing stuff like a machine, skipping meals and sleep, so I took a nap and got this very strange dream, in my dream I was at home but the light is dimmed, so I start switching on lights more and more in every room, but the place is still not quite as bright as it supposes to be, can't find out why, all the lights are on, but then I realize I'm wearing shades. lol.... maybe it was based on reality, I have 2 prescription glasses  with exactly the same frame but the lenses on one is tinted for driving, and on the other one is auto UV darkening thing I wear when not driving, sometime I do forget to change when stepping out of the car because the frame is wrap around model covering all my peripheral vision I don't see the edges of the glasses, looking like a douche but can't really took them off  because then I would act like a douche to anyone I know standing farther away, unless I walk back to the car and switch.... maybe the dream was not so meaningful after all.

but somehow it inspired me to change my lineart, now I'm trying to do less, only at the start of the line and let it fades, before I do line everywhere and give extra weight when needed it made the drawing looks too heavy. Been doing that for years through hundreds of pages, the mileage never tells to me that I should change my line, but only took a short nap and stupid dream (that after I analyze not so meaningful anyway) to change my view entirely.

and now the stuff I've drawn the last 3 days, all look like shit to me... and for the still ongoing comic, I probably should keep doing the old shit... argh.
#811  August 05, 2017, 10:20:23 pm
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
I've been enjoying a magnificently mundane day (cleaning up around the apartment, paying the rent, preparing to gorge myself at a local Chinese buffet, etc). ;D
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
#812  August 06, 2017, 08:49:22 am
i asked some shit head to stand in line for the bus stop, because there was people in there that were waiting before him.
he refused. he pissed me off so much, i really wanted to anger him somehow, but i was already late for work.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#813  August 06, 2017, 09:22:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I called 911 on a cop.
Some random was tailing me in my blind-spot for 1/4mile. So I slowed down. So did the SUV. I come to a near stop. So did the SUV.
I pick my speed back up to normal. FuckFace is still in my blind spot.
Red light, I stop about 10 feet away from the line. Fuckface stops in my blind-spot. I roll the window down and flag him to pull up. Nothing.
I call 911 cuz some assclown is tailing me. The assclown turns on his red-n-blue lights and pulls me over.
I had to explain to 911 that I was on the phone with 911 because 911 was driving so bad.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#814  August 20, 2017, 05:38:30 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
Earlier, I bore witness to one of the most startling (and intimidating) thunderclaps of my life.  It was a moment I won't soon forget. :uneasy:
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:51:09 am by Mature4evr
#815  August 20, 2017, 07:08:46 am
vacuum cleaning, and then electricity broke, and up again, and broke again, and up again, wtf electricity.
did some random doodles on my new sketchbook
#816  August 20, 2017, 09:22:05 pm
    • Canada
I did a bike tour of Monteal today. Went through the Plateau and Little Italy neighborhoods. It was cool, got to learn about the lifestyle of the city and check out the Jean-Talon market. Just back in my hotel room now, was listening to the Pride Parade go by.

Oh yeah, I flew into Montreal yesterday! Hi anyone on this site who lives here, I like your city so far!
#817  August 20, 2017, 09:33:01 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Oh yeah, I flew into Montreal yesterday! Hi anyone on this site who lives here, I like your city so far!

Hi back. : D

It can be nice at times, but that's only me. I personally preferred the city of Sherbrooke/Lennoxville when I visited it.

At least you enjoyed it though, so that's a plus.

Worked on 3 animations at the same time. Happy with how two of em are going, tearing my hear out bc of the other one.

Other than that, I pumped some iron and slept extra I guess.
This is a generic forum signature.
#818  August 22, 2017, 02:47:04 am
    • Canada
Hi back. : D

It can be nice at times, but that's only me. I personally preferred the city of Sherbrooke/Lennoxville when I visited it.

At least you enjoyed it though, so that's a plus.

It's a very cool place! I love how a lot of old buildings are preserved here. Vancouver, where I come from, is very out with the old and in with the new. I won't be going to Sherbrooke or Lennoxville unfortunately, but I will be taking the train to Quebec City in a few days.

Today I met up and hung out with a friend who's also vacationing in Montreal. We met at this cool pub called Else's and then wandered around for a while. I also got some awesome new shoes!
#819  August 22, 2017, 03:29:33 am
  • No guts No glory..
working.....going to grosery after the job....spriting some mature

lui

#820  August 22, 2017, 03:31:11 am
    • USA