Started by Bastard Mami, February 02, 2006, 05:44:42 am
Share this topic:
Re: Nazi code
#21  February 03, 2006, 02:01:30 pm
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
But that would increase the size of my character.  :'(
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#22  February 03, 2006, 04:14:13 pm
  • ~ Esprit guerrier ~
    • madahine.net/bdi/
this is just ridiculous. the most you're going to achieve with this is that said creators add a tutorial on what to "fix" in the chars so they work again. :sleepy:
Thxs for using your brain.

I mean, though this code is funny and interesting, it will only flame a bit more the war between the "I can borrow anything anywhere as everything in mugen is opensource" creators, and... well let's call them the others.

Ex: when Chloe released her Athena 2k1 in a protected archive with a riddle to find the password, the same day the solution was posted @ MGBR. Chloe went... pretty angry, and you guess/know what happened.

Now imagine that the goal is to prevent leechers to play against Ex-Inferis chars... :laugh: be sure that the fix is going to be posted on spot @ MGBR where AFAIR he is considered as a supah star.

It should be mandatory for the guild creators to release their chars with a variant of this code, otherwise they should lose their creator status.
:laugh:
sup. Dictatorshitship ?

#23  February 03, 2006, 04:22:13 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I mean, though this code is funny and interesting, it will only flame a bit more the war between the "I can borrow anything anywhere as everything in mugen is opensource" creators, and... well let's call them the others.
If they started borrowing this code even better =P

Imagine if this code started going into open source works...

*TDS looks at his WIP >:)
#24  February 03, 2006, 04:23:37 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
What's mgbr ?

It would be funny having people trying to "fix" the characters, though; at least some of them will be looking at mugen character code for once, while the other will just download the unnoficial cns patches.
#25  February 03, 2006, 05:00:32 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#26  February 03, 2006, 05:31:39 pm
    • Germany
say what you want, this will not be "mandatory" and taken into the rules. geez. >_>
#27  February 03, 2006, 05:44:43 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Well [E] said so.

It should be mandatory for the guild creators to release their chars with a variant of this code, otherwise they should lose their creator status.

But he also made a "Nazi Code" topic, so forget about what [E] says. :pleased:
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
#28  February 03, 2006, 07:37:47 pm
Well [E] said so.
As a joke.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#29  February 03, 2006, 08:52:49 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
:faye eyes:
--R. Scott Bakker
#30  February 04, 2006, 02:23:43 am
    • Peru
--;

--- o ---

About slowing down the engine: Creating a lot of Helpers, and put them in a State with afterimages. Most people don't mess with the helper limit in mugen.cfg

Edit: Nah. It doesn't work. It's weird: I remember Splode's Pocket Chunli Slowing the hell down with her Cyclists Super, both in Linux & Windows.
Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 02:34:29 am by Renzo
#31  February 04, 2006, 02:33:29 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#32  February 04, 2006, 05:09:49 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i think the whole nazi thing gave it like a joke.

About slowing down engine, what about having complex math equations in the stae controller, i am going to try some stuff, so brb with an [edit]
#33  February 04, 2006, 09:57:09 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Oh I didn't think it was a serious topic, and was fooling around myself. :faye eyes: at Byakko were for not getting my joke and pointing out the known. :D
--R. Scott Bakker

B²92

#34  February 04, 2006, 03:05:00 pm
The creation of a MUGEN Commando hunting down & deleting said stuff from the Earth sounds better though. Let's name it the S[size=1pt]ilent[/size] S[size=1pt]torm ?[/size] Commando.
#35  February 04, 2006, 04:01:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The creation of a MUGEN Commando hunting down & deleting said stuff from the Earth sounds better though. Let's name it the S[size=1pt]ilent[/size] S[size=1pt]torm ?[/size] Commando.

Better yet, use the upgraded, actually useful M[size=1pt]att[/size] H[size=1pt]hannon [/size]  Comando.
#36  February 04, 2006, 04:15:19 pm
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
About slowing down engine, what about having complex math equations in the stae controller, i am going to try some stuff, so brb with an [edit]
Well, try having a state with 511 hitdefs since they carry the largest amount of parameters and have each with the most computationally expensive operations per character up to the largest length of an acceptable Mugen mathematical expression. :sugoi:  And spawn a bunch of helpers beyond the normal max.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.
#37  February 04, 2006, 10:21:44 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
[state -2]
type = pause
trigger1 = gametime%1 = 0
time = 1
movetime = 0

Or something like that would slow both players down till it was painful. If you hid it within a helper or something most people wouldn't know that it was causing it.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#38  February 05, 2006, 08:36:25 am
  • Tends to lose track of things a lot. :/
    • www.mugenguild.com/~winane/
"gametime%1 = 0" is equivalent to just "1", ya know.  :P
Still quite busy.

(Yes, I intend to deal with that stuff eventually, but kinda can't just yet, sorry. :/ )
#39  February 05, 2006, 11:09:56 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
maybe i wanted gametime%2 then  ;P

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#40  February 05, 2006, 01:39:01 pm
gametime%5 = 0
time = 4
only slowing down by a half is a bit not much.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.