YesNoOk

China Wall Dusk | 3D Parallax Edit 1.1 (Read 21621 times)

Started by GDPenguin, May 20, 2023, 10:18:56 pm
Share this topic:
China Wall Dusk | 3D Parallax Edit 1.1
#1  May 20, 2023, 10:18:56 pm
  • It's always possible with willpower and a funnel.
    • Denmark
    • supermortensen@hotmail.com
[img width=600
Keep it real, keep it original
Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 01:43:39 pm by GDPenguin
Re: China Wall Dusk | 3D Parallax Edit 1.1
#2  May 20, 2023, 11:24:40 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Hey, good to see you back, and it's even better when you bring a good edit like this! Loved the 3D feeling on this one. :thumbsup:
#3  May 22, 2023, 06:04:57 am
    • Denmark
Hey, good to see you back, and it's even better when you bring a good edit like this! Loved the 3D feeling on this one. :thumbsup:
Thanks, mate. I might update it a teenie bit. I see there is some of the people sliding around a tiny bit.
[img width=600
#4  May 24, 2023, 09:29:47 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Well done. Good to see some proper scale delta usage.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#5  May 26, 2023, 06:00:30 am
    • Denmark
[img width=600
#6  May 26, 2023, 04:39:00 pm

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#7  May 27, 2023, 06:25:02 am
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
I can't get the stage to work. I keep getting an error every time I try.
Also in the sff neither group 5 or 6 appear to me.
Anyone else has happened?  :???:
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
#8  May 27, 2023, 08:21:16 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Yea it doesn't work. Don't know how Vegas played it cuz I cant get it to work. Most of the sprites are missing as per the def code. Probably uploaded the wrong file.
#9  May 27, 2023, 11:47:46 am
    • Denmark
Ummmm... Weird.
Let me check real quick.
[img width=600
#10  May 27, 2023, 12:05:38 pm
    • Denmark
Turns out I'm a bit of an idiot. Link updated :D
[img width=600
#11  May 28, 2023, 01:48:22 am
  • Basic User
  • Harry 7 Mason From Silent Hill
    • Chile
Yes! it's working now.
Thank you very much for this beautiful stage  ;)
Fortes Fortuna Juvat
#12  May 30, 2023, 05:47:34 pm
Yea it doesn't work. Don't know how Vegas played it cuz I cant get it to work. Most of the sprites are missing as per the def code. Probably uploaded the wrong file.

I hadn't tested it on my mugen. Just feedback based on the video. But I downloaded the update and can confirm it works and it looks great. I enjoy the subtle change in the floor parallax and the delta's of each layer. Again, I'm especially impressed with the scale delta of the wall and the statue. It's been a while since I've dove into someone's .sff and def. That usually means I was very impressed, curious as to how it was done or both. I'll leave it up to you as to which one it was this time...lol.

[/quote said:
#13  June 01, 2023, 08:33:05 pm
    • Denmark

I hadn't tested it on my mugen. Just feedback based on the video. But I downloaded the update and can confirm it works and it looks great. I enjoy the subtle change in the floor parallax and the delta's of each layer. Again, I'm especially impressed with the scale delta of the wall and the statue. It's been a while since I've dove into someone's .sff and def. That usually means I was very impressed, curious as to how it was done or both. I'll leave it up to you as to which one it was this time...lol.

Scale deltas are fun, but I suck at math, so I just write random numbers until stuff works and doesn't slide around lol
And then I use the street fighter 4 3d stage as a starting point for walls normally. Honestly the statue was harder to figure how to make look not weird. Because the foot kept going off the platfom.
[img width=600
Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 08:40:05 pm by GDPenguin
#14  June 01, 2023, 09:10:40 pm
    • Peru
Hello GDPenguin.

First of all, congratulations, the stage looks great. About deltas let me give you a tip with a quick example using a random mountains and sky of a random stage:

Mountains Front:
Let´s asume that this is the code for the front mountains and works fine:
delta=0.45,0.67

Mountains back:
Ok, let move the second sprite, reduce in this case the 45 for 42 and the 67 for 64
delta=0.42,0.64

Why 42?
If you reduce the value the sprite that its begind moves faster, in this case mountains back.

Why 64?
That value that is at the end of the code produce the elevation of the sprite my friend, so if you jump or use a super jump you´ll see an elevation of the sprites like MVC stages.

Sky:
delta=0.37,0.61
Same changes as before, let´s reduce the values in compare with the last code. About the Sky on a stage there is something funny: It moves faster in comper to the rest of the stage, obviously in some cases. If you want to see a quick example watch Fatal Fury stage of KOF96.

Mainly the first code that you have to pay attetion is the code for the floor, just reduce the values of the sprites that you add behind, of course, if you want to see movement.

I hope that this help you, and again, the stage looks great, congratulations.
Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 09:23:06 pm by Charles_2011
#15  June 01, 2023, 10:47:40 pm
    • Argentina
Really Nice
#16  June 02, 2023, 04:26:15 pm
    • Denmark
Hello GDPenguin.

First of all, congratulations, the stage looks great. About deltas let me give you a tip with a quick example using a random mountains and sky of a random stage:

Mountains Front:
Let´s asume that this is the code for the front mountains and works fine:
delta=0.45,0.67

Mountains back:
Ok, let move the second sprite, reduce in this case the 45 for 42 and the 67 for 64
delta=0.42,0.64

Why 42?
If you reduce the value the sprite that its begind moves faster, in this case mountains back.

Why 64?
That value that is at the end of the code produce the elevation of the sprite my friend, so if you jump or use a super jump you´ll see an elevation of the sprites like MVC stages.

Sky:
delta=0.37,0.61
Same changes as before, let´s reduce the values in compare with the last code. About the Sky on a stage there is something funny: It moves faster in comper to the rest of the stage, obviously in some cases. If you want to see a quick example watch Fatal Fury stage of KOF96.

Mainly the first code that you have to pay attetion is the code for the floor, just reduce the values of the sprites that you add behind, of course, if you want to see movement.

I hope that this help you, and again, the stage looks great, congratulations.

First of all thanks :)

I'm not sure what you're asking here besides reducing the vertical delta to make stuff move up a bit when jumping.
Because the rest I'm already aware of and doing., but I do see what you mean with the vertical delta, and I tried playing around with bigger differences in the horizontal delta. ( Not uploaded btw )
[img width=600
Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 04:47:18 pm by GDPenguin
#17  June 02, 2023, 04:56:02 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
Maybe it's me, but I think it's some language barrier going on.
You said you suck at math and just put "random" values , then Charles wanted to teach you how basic delta values works, but of course, I think you already know that, and I assume you were talking about calculating exact deltas with formulas and such.
#18  June 02, 2023, 05:00:32 pm
    • Denmark
Maybe it's me, but I think it's some language barrier going on.
You said you suck at math and just put "random" values , then Charles wanted to teach you how basic delta values works, but of course, I think you already know that, and I assume you were talking about calculating exact deltas with formulas and such.

Ahh. Maybe. Yeah I tried watching  beterhans's video on floors and stuff, but I didn't quite get it and got weird results when trying to use his formular.
So, I use visual cues, like if some pixels are going too offset of each other when moving around.
[img width=600
#19  June 02, 2023, 05:44:05 pm
    • Peru
Exactly, thank you DeathScythe.
#20  June 02, 2023, 05:49:11 pm
    • Denmark
Exactly, thank you DeathScythe.

Cool, got it.
A little tip the other way around if you wanna dive into 3D scale delta stuff. The cool thing about this is, if you align it correctly you only have to do half of the stage and then you can copy and flip all the values to the other side of the stage and it will fit. ;)
[img width=600