YesNoOk

King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile) (Read 901569 times)

Started by lui, October 21, 2019, 11:25:49 am
Share this topic:

lui

Re: King of Fighters All-Stars (Mobile)
#221  January 04, 2020, 12:07:14 am
    • USA

got the big boi whos actually a little boi

holy crap lol

today was a good day :>

lui

#222  January 08, 2020, 06:59:01 pm
    • USA
The 2020 New Years Ruby mission is up! Pretty good deal if you ask me, decent Yellow ATK in the form of NY Andy, his free SP card and a bunch of souls.
#223  January 08, 2020, 07:23:14 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
And I JUST got his card from one of the x10 pulls.

Question:  How good is Nameless now that he's out in JPN?  He is now Top 10 but how exactly?  After Orochi and no Zero, debating if he is worth investing rubies onto next.
#224  January 08, 2020, 08:21:20 pm
This one Japanese tier list I follow puts him at the top together with Orochi, citing a skill that nullifies damage taken, a core passive that gives a chance for super armor plus deals 150% burn damage when hitting with a skill (any skill), another passive gives him power gauge for every crit (3 second cooldown) plus penetration up by 650, he has a skill that has a specific effect in PvP only (seals roll and the last hit seals the enemy's active skills that are strike type (not blast or grab), and his last skill increases his attack by 45% of his defense*. So he's another nightmare in PvP with a super defensive build. I assume he's fine in PvE, but his high rank is for PvP.

*edit - fixed.

I'm glad the actual 2020 event is finally there (and not just a random banner with 8 characters, although the 100 free summons is super nice), but I'm still waiting for Epic Quest episode 1. I guess the datamine meant nothing and the next thing we'll get is Wonderland as announced.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:57:26 pm by Byakko
#225  January 10, 2020, 05:20:59 am
  • Niigasan
i really fucking hate that blue jin
#226  January 11, 2020, 04:07:11 pm
So far, purple units are the only main counter against T7 Jin.  If you haven't purchased the ludicrously priced Schoolgirl Xiaoyu during the Tekken fest, Shermie '97 can do fine against him during the current League format.  What I do first is have one of my units fire a skill to bait T7 Jin to do an emergency roll, then quickly switch over to Shermie and pray she doesn't die quickly while going for the offense.  But that's only if T7 Jin is selected first.  If not, have another unit in hand to finish off that selected unit before T7 Jin arrives.

Add in every capsule to Shermie '97 until she is +99 maxed, all cores unlocked (soul dust can be exchanged to get her souls and have it level up to 90), and finally have some Options cards that either lower the skill cooldown or decrease damages from blue units all maxed out, tho with the latter you won't need it if you have the skill cooldown cards.  If you have the KOFxTekken option card or the Tekken set cards, they can be good here.  Else have the Kula set cards to go along.

It's not always guaranteed as I still have my losses against T7 Jin.  He really is that insane to fight if he is the leader.
Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:11:40 pm by Kirishima
#227  January 11, 2020, 05:41:59 pm
I just tank through everyone with Orochi Yashiro and Andy. The annoying ones like Jin and Lady Chang I just bleed them once then keep rolling away while their super armor is up (and try to not get stunned), and bleed them again. My third spot I swap between Jin and Armor King, but I feel like I can never get my own super armor to trigger nearly as often for nearly as long as the AI's does.
... Does the color advantage work in arena / league ?? I was under the impression it wasn't taken into account.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 05:49:32 pm by Byakko
#228  January 11, 2020, 06:28:33 pm
... Does the color advantage work in arena / league ?? I was under the impression it wasn't taken into account.
Not all the time.  My red element KOFXIV Geese build can steamroll every top blue FES in Arena although still loses to random Zero shenanigans.

I suggested Shermie as an option to get through T7 Jin if they don't have FES stuff like Pretty Chang and it worked well for me tho it depends on the build.

Funny enough after looking around it turns out Pretty Chang is a reliable counter against Tekken stuff. 
#229  January 11, 2020, 06:43:53 pm
  • Niigasan
I gotta try some of these techs out cuz I'm losing my shit, I have a purple geezer lvl 85 he has the tekkenxkof card and shit and still gets annihilated plus it seems like he doesnt do nearly as much damage as he should to jin

lui

#230  January 12, 2020, 05:56:16 am
    • USA
I gotta try some of these techs out cuz I'm losing my shit, I have a purple geezer lvl 85 he has the tekkenxkof card and shit and still gets annihilated plus it seems like he doesnt do nearly as much damage as he should to jin

Geese (if that's who you are referring to) is way more about defense than offense, his main gimmick is that he draws power and skill cooldowns go lower when *he gets hit*, so it's sorta fucked against jin regardless. the tekken option does help alot since it procs super armor. i suggest to NOT try to counter or block until Geese gets superarmor, which is a huge maybe since 1/3 times it might not activate. When super armor activates, try to dodge as much as you can until you can strike.

DO NOT TRY TO COUNTER JIN WHILE HE HAS SUPERAMOR. He will fuck you up, he even fucks up my Orochi units, that's how scary he is.

Jin is the absolute bane of defense pvp rn and you are right to feel screwed over, he's annoying.

If anyone wants to know which cheap/welfare units are decent in defense week when used right, I suggest building the following characters up:

Shermie (for 65+ damage leadership for all characters if their hp is high)

Sentai Ralf and Clark (Big damage hits, OTG's for both characters, SuperArmor Attacks and insta-laser from afar can be quite useful)

Ryo 95 (Hits hard upclose, has health regen if hp is less than 50, pairs extremely well with summer/tekken option with superarmor on hit)

Brian Battler 98 (Decent rushdown potential, 3rd skill does multi-hit super armor)

Mecha Goenitz (HE IS A MONSTER, with 5 star Yuri set and Tekken/Summer Option and 3 bar super card. Yuri set allows for him to gain power when hit meaning its almost guaranteed to use his supers in a combo when he is hit. He has alot of health and has native health regen as well, so youre basically hitting a punching bag who will hit back if he activates super armor and will hit back. VERY useful counter to super offensive types.)

Summer Angel (Hits very hard, has DEF to ATK attribute on her skills, Poison, has multi-hit super armor on skill 1)

Halloween Yashiro (Hits hard, has stun attack on skill 3)

96 Chizuru (Has alot of multi-hit attacks, easy to chain too, and has a debuff that decreases enemy skill damage when hit)

New Years Geese (Skill 1 enables stun on crit hit, skill 2 disables roll entirely for the enemy so they can't escape (from death kek) and recovers HP when using super)

I cannot stress this enough: if you have summer option or tekken x kof option, use them on any characters above.

if you get attacked, try to tag to interrupt as it can help escape easily and counter via a mid-air/otg punish.

Good luck on the rest of defense week!

I will put a guide for Balance week whenever that comes on soon.
Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:24:05 am by lui

lui

#231  January 13, 2020, 06:38:27 am
    • USA
ALRIGHTY BALANCE WEEK IS HERE AND IT COMES WITH A CATCH!

1 Kill equals victory or loss

So uh, f2p players might be fucked this week holy crap.

https://streamable.com/azz42

that's how it's gonna be this week.

Also next FES is Krizalid. Decent Tank, easily skippable tho if you worried about meta.
#232  January 13, 2020, 02:49:14 pm
I take it that Kyo '96 or Sakura Athena can't do much  :gonk:
#233  January 13, 2020, 06:45:09 pm
New roulette for Whip, AS souls are back ! Nice to finish the lady fighters and new year / summer fighters.
I like Krizalid, I'll probably give him a few rolls, I won't spend much on Whip anyway (I'll just try to stock up on AS souls).
#234  January 14, 2020, 12:28:11 am
  • The Goddess Returns
ALRIGHTY BALANCE WEEK IS HERE AND IT COMES WITH A CATCH!

1 Kill equals victory or loss

So uh, f2p players might be fucked this week holy crap.

https://streamable.com/azz42

that's how it's gonna be this week.

Also next FES is Krizalid. Decent Tank, easily skippable tho if you worried about meta.

Kazuya is now going to dominate like no one else
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#235  January 14, 2020, 12:45:08 am
  • Niigasan
im just glad defense is over, i was gonna retire if i had to go one more week against that damn jin. btw anyone here have a guild?
#236  January 14, 2020, 01:20:52 am
I do, but it's just a guy who went around picking up random people all over the place.

Edit - the Whip roulette has gold KoF souls too, neat. But you only get 3 free tickets a day... the shop sells 30 tickets for a dollar (you can buy up to 30x10), that's not too bad. I spent all my ruby stockpile (in the 5 digits from rushing the story mode halfway through expert) on getting Krizalid, that was rough. I hope they don't release nameless straight away, give us something like Igniz that I can ignore.
Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 06:52:50 pm by Byakko

lui

#237  January 14, 2020, 06:49:09 pm
    • USA
#238  January 14, 2020, 09:02:11 pm
  • Niigasan
I really hope igniz or nameless is next, I dont care to much for kriz
#239  January 15, 2020, 06:59:16 pm
    • Argentina
Someone else has problems with the game?, it is very good and everything but it is annoying not being able to do well the events and modes such as the time trial and fight in the final levels of Mary, Rugal, Chizuru and Cyber Goenitz because the game closes very often even when I want to improve some character or on loading screens :(
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#240  January 15, 2020, 08:26:07 pm
What device do you have, is it old ? That sort of things happened a lot at the beginning on the Mecha Goenitz stage, the game would just get stuck and then stop or immediately quit, but there was an update a few months back and I haven't had anything like that since then. Sometimes I still get "connection issues" where the game tries to load a victory screen, fails, tells me to check my Internet connection, and then gets stuck on the same screen without loading the victory animation, but it doesn't happen nearly as often as it did a few months back.