YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread (Read 1544509 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:49:06 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread
#101  April 12, 2015, 02:32:15 am
I was answering varo_hades, because he wanted to give you a spritepack, but there aren't many available on the net so the only ones he could have given you were Laslunder's and PrimeOp's.
Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 02:35:38 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#102  April 12, 2015, 03:01:53 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Oh. My bad. Sowie for that. I thought you were responding to me. And also, yes, I didn't know what he meant and he said "polished" as I thought it was clean and colorful. Then I found out it's a prison garbed Cody as a sprite pack. I did ask him though. I already did one animation I showed you in concept thanks to varo_hades. :) That's the only animation I appreciated from him because I have never seen it or cannot remember if Cody did his time-out loss pose or something. Can a fighting character perform 2 or more time-out loss poses after time-out? I'm curious.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#103  April 13, 2015, 09:13:41 am
Hahah. Just a little teaser (but not done :P).
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:06:25 pm by Enso
#104  April 13, 2015, 07:49:41 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Looking good, although I don't think there should be that line on the sleeve of his shirt. As far as I remember, Cody's shirt is meant to be short sleeved, and the impression I get from the first two sprites is that he folded he sleeves a little bit. As for the third sprite, I only thing that one of the wrinkle lines on his sleeve could be rounded up a little bit-- the one on our left, specifically.

Shit
#105  April 14, 2015, 08:58:12 am
The third sprite is from PrimeOp who made that Cody for his standing animation. For the first and second sprites, regarding on the sleeves, I shaded his arm and made lines directly from Laslunder's Cody sprites.

Which sleeve does it look better on Cody's shirt?

Or

Any suggestion in what to change?
Titiln said:

Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 01:16:57 pm by Enso
#106  April 14, 2015, 02:41:57 pm
  • Shit
Go for the first one. Also, try to keep this muscles a bit more well defined in the walking sprite, similar to the PrimeOp sprite.

Shit
#107  April 14, 2015, 11:31:06 pm
At first, I thought I would go for the second one because of the change of his sleeves on his right (our left). Now that you go for the first one, I accept.

OK. I had a little difficult time to define the muscle on his right arm (our left) but it was quite difficult for me to define at first.

Titiln said:

#108  April 15, 2015, 06:51:04 am
  • Shit
Was feeling a bit generous today, so I decided to see what I could fix in there.

Shit
#109  April 15, 2015, 11:49:36 am
Excellent fix, MotorRoach! :) Man, looking at the fixed one makes me think I should've tweaked them especially his left arm (our right). Also, for the shoes, I only color swapped from Laslunder's palettes to PrimeOp's but couldn't get them right for changing to a better look. It looks way better, so thanks a lot!

Defining/Editing the muscles is what I hate the most in spriting, your fix can help me to improve the muscles. It's really tough.
Titiln said:

Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 12:21:33 pm by Enso
#110  April 25, 2015, 06:49:45 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
I was actually looking for a thread like this so I could throw this guy in there:

Ein from DOA (not animated, will probably try to do that in the future), shown next to Ryu for size reference.
I know he's a little thinner than SFA characters, but I tried having him chunky like Ryu, and it just didn't work. Ein's not that big.
He's got 16 colors (counting black and white) and is easy to recolor, as 90% of his clothing is all one color set. I actually took a screencap of DOA and shrunk it to Alpha size to get the pose just right. What do you guys think of him?
Have you tried "Season 2" Kitty yet?

http://mugenguild.com/forum/senri-project.421
#111  April 25, 2015, 07:03:14 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I saw that on dA, and my God it's so beautiful. I feel inspired to make a SFA Zack or Jann Lee right now.
Keep rockin dude, eager to see more of what you have in store! :) :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#112  April 25, 2015, 07:22:34 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
I saw that on dA, and my God it's so beautiful. I feel inspired to make a SFA Zack or Jann Lee right now.
Keep rockin dude, eager to see more of what you have in store! :) :)

Thanks! I could probably try to do some more DOA characters, myself. I'm thinking Hitomi, or maybe Ayane. Gotta say, though; the Alpha style is kinda tough! You really gotta know your anti-aliasing and your outlines @_@

#113  April 25, 2015, 07:34:22 pm
Proportions look closer to CvS but I suppose than can be credited to DoA's more "slender" artstyle.

Looks nice. Front leg would look better if it were moved down 1 or 2 pixels.
#114  April 25, 2015, 08:26:09 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
Proportions look closer to CvS but I suppose than can be credited to DoA's more "slender" artstyle.

Looks nice. Front leg would look better if it were moved down 1 or 2 pixels.

Thanks. I thought about his front leg, as all of the SFA characters have their legs 1 pixel apart, but I felt like it kinda messed up his sense of depth. And yeah, everyone on DOA is pretty thin, especially on DOA5 (which is the one I used for reference). Thanks again, though!

#115  April 25, 2015, 08:47:50 pm
The sprite is very nice. The only thing you could do is to re-size the hands and boots a very very little bit (make them a bit bigger). I have nothing else to say. Good job. :)
#116  April 25, 2015, 09:30:26 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
The sprite is very nice. The only thing you could do is to re-size the hands and boots a very very little bit (make them a bit bigger). I have nothing else to say. Good job. :)

I'll check that out when I get home, and see if I can't beef them up a little bit. A very very little bit.
I'm really glad everyone's weighing in on this; I haven't been serious about spriting in about... 6 years? 7? It feels good.

EDIT: Tried the aforementioned beefing up... Didn't look right, so I'm not gonna touch it. If one of you guys wanna go for it, be my guest!

Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 10:19:11 pm by CRASHEM8000
#117  April 26, 2015, 11:13:53 am
I tried, but yeah, it's not needed. Sorry for making you waste time.
Here's my try:

1- original frame;
2- first edits;
3- last edit.
#118  April 26, 2015, 02:53:45 pm
Not bad. I like that Alpha styled Ein. :)

I haven't been serious about spriting in about... 6 years? 7? It feels good.

You're not the only one who's not been serious about it. I've not been doing CPS2 style in a long time and I suck on it until I got to revamp Cody. I thought I was never good but Alex did compliment on him. :) I like how it turned after Alex's fix. ;)
Titiln said:

#119  April 26, 2015, 06:00:08 pm
  • Tickets ONLY! NEXT!!!
    • USA
I tried, but yeah, it's not needed. Sorry for making you waste time.
Here's my try:

1- original frame;
2- first edits;
3- last edit.

Hmmm... I do like the foot, and the care to get rid of a few of those stray pixels, but the lead hand is a tricky one. Ein holds his hands up pretty strangely (which is a constant point of criticism for him, even on DOA), so it's a little hard to get it to look right. I'll see what I can cook up. Also, it's not a waste of time! I'm having fun!

Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 06:16:58 pm by CRASHEM8000
#120  May 02, 2015, 04:07:45 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com