YesNoOk

(MvC2 ALEX and IBUKI) Legacy Age of Heroes WAVE 2 [#11-#40] (Read 32787 times)

Started by 087-B, September 02, 2020, 05:39:01 am
Share this topic:
(MvC2 ALEX and IBUKI) Legacy Age of Heroes WAVE 2 [#11-#40]
#1  September 02, 2020, 05:39:01 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA

Please do not rehost on MUGEN Archive. Thank you.

LEGACY AGE OF HEROES
WAVE TWO

22/30

I've made the decision to just do a collective forum thread now, one per wave. There will be one for Wave One as I update those characters, but I didn't wanna just rush into that one.

Wave Two of the Legacy Age of Heroes project contains thirty-total characters, releases #11 through #40! So far, 20/30 characters have been released for this wave. Additionally, any characters that are released here will be updated here as well, and I will make change log posts detailing those updates.

I'll keep you guys updated on what's released and what's updated!

Spoiler: #11 Sabo (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #12 Leon Kennedy (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #13 Chris Redfield (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #14 Black Panther (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #15 Supergirl (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #16 Hsien-Ko (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #17 Cyborg (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #18 Gambit (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #19 Gengar (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #20 Roll (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #21 Gild Tesoro (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #22 Boa Hancock (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #23 Trafalgar Law (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #24 Jimbei (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #25 Crocodile (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #26 Megaman Volnutt (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #27: Zero (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #28: Namor (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #29: Mizuchi (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #30: Twelve (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #31: Alex (v1.0) (click to see content)

Spoiler: #32: Ibuki (v1.0) (click to see content)
Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 10:04:56 am by 087-B
Re: (MvC2 NAMOR, MIZUCHI, and TWELVE) Legacy Age of Heroes WAVE 2 [#11-#40]
#2  September 02, 2020, 08:49:27 am
  • Indeed
Congratulations for the 40th release!

I’m glad you’re giving the SFIII gang some love, especially obscure ones such as Twelve! He’s hella fun to play!

I’m not too convinced about you using characters with snk styled sprites, since they don’t blend very good with the cartoonish look of Capcom, marvel and anime characters you’ve released so far. Maybe you could replace the palettes to something more CvS-ish looking? Although I understand this is a pet peeve of mine. (Also, why Mizuchi and not Orochi?)

About Namor: his grab Super could use a bit more range.

(Unrelated: your main thread is missing a Pokémon section for spooky boi Gengar)
#3  September 02, 2020, 08:53:23 am
    • USA
Congratulations for the 40th release!

I’m glad you’re giving the SFIII gang some love, especially obscure ones such as Twelve! He’s hella fun to play!

I’m not too convinced about you using characters with snk styled sprites, since they don’t blend very good with the cartoonish look of Capcom, marvel and anime characters you’ve released so far. Maybe you could replace the palettes to something more CvS-ish looking? Although I understand this is a pet peeve of mine. (Also, why Mizuchi and not Orochi?)

About Namor: his grab Super could use a bit more range.

(Unrelated: your main thread is missing a Pokémon section for spooky boi Gengar)

Eyy thanks for the support man! Glad you like!

Twelve was a dream of mine since this project began and even though I can't realize X.C.O.P.Y., I'm just glad he turned out pretty damn fun anyhow. I worked really hard to make him feel like a Marvel vs Capcom character and not just "SF3 character but with super jump" haha.

I did consider that but I'm not the best with palettes so I figured, "I'll do Mizuchi as is and see what people think", but yeah I get the aesthetic thing and it does bother me a bit. So, no worries, it's entirely valid and to a degree it does bother me too, and I didn't wanna mess with any palettes or visual things unless it became a necessity (and I'm not as experienced in palette making so I was NOT confident I'd be able to nail it). However, it IS something I plan on looking into. And also, the reason I did Mizuchi, and not Orochi... is cause I know literally fuck all about KOF and I thought Mizuchi and Orochi were the same person. Oops. XD

And, yeah I agree there. I should've increased the range/time. Good note for an update! :D

(Yeah I uh... I keep forgetting to do that lol)

((Also, 30th* release. #40 hasn't happened yet haha.))
#4  September 02, 2020, 09:08:52 am
  • Indeed
Twelve was a dream of mine since this project began and even though I can't realize X.C.O.P.Y., I'm just glad he turned out pretty damn fun anyhow. I worked really hard to make him feel like a Marvel vs Capcom character and not just "SF3 character but with super jump" haha.
Yeah, the X.C.O.P.Y. is probably impossible to make. I think that's one of the reasons why there isn't a P.o.t.S version of him, afaik. But yeah, you nailed the MvC feeling!

I did consider that but I'm not the best with palettes so I figured, "I'll do Mizuchi as is and see what people think", but yeah I get the aesthetic thing and it does bother me a bit. So, no worries, it's entirely valid and to a degree it does bother me too, and I didn't wanna mess with any palettes or visual things unless it became a necessity (and I'm not as experienced in palette making so I was NOT confident I'd be able to nail it). However, it IS something I plan on looking into. And also, the reason I did Mizuchi, and not Orochi... is cause I know literally fuck all about KOF and I thought Mizuchi and Orochi were the same person. Oops. XD

Well, you don't have to make them yourself! We have a ton of palette request threads in the site, I'm sure someone would accept to make you some Capcom-looking palettes for him! It can be a bit hard cause of the light effects on his body, though.

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier are his proportions: being, again, a SNK sprited character, he looks a bit too small compared to the rest of the cast. This is easy to change in the Constants file, though.

About the lore: Orochi is the big bad spirit most of the KoF baddies are trying to resurrect and/or drawing power from (for instance, Rugal's power is a fraction of Goenitz's power, which is in turn granted by Orochi). Mizuchi is an excuse to bring him back in neo geo battle coliseum just part of his spirit that is possessing a clone body, which can't even contain his power. Gameplay-wise he is the same, with some differences I think, I never played NGBC.

((Also, 30th* release. #40 hasn't happened yet haha.))
Whoops, typo! Well, you'll get there!
#5  September 02, 2020, 09:16:07 am
    • USA
Well, you don't have to make them yourself! We have a ton of palette request threads in the site, I'm sure someone would accept to make you some Capcom-looking palettes for him! It can be a bit hard cause of the light effects on his body, though.

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier are his proportions: being, again, a SNK sprited character, he looks a bit too small compared to the rest of the cast. This is easy to change in the Constants file, though.

About the lore: Orochi is the big bad spirit most of the KoF baddies are trying to resurrect and/or drawing power from (for instance, Rugal's power is a fraction of Goenitz's power, which is in turn granted by Orochi). Mizuchi is an excuse to bring him back in neo geo battle coliseum just part of his spirit that is possessing a clone body, which can't even contain his power. Gameplay-wise he is the same, with some differences I think, I never played NGBC.

Ah thanks for the lore haha. I mean, I learned a little bit on that while doing my research on the character during creation, but yeah that kinda makes sense. I was wondering "why the hell does this dude have two names".

And, regarding the palettes, perhaps! Though I'm, like, the least comfortable person with requesting stuff lol I hate imposing. But I'll think about it, it'd be fun anyhow.

And with the size, I'm kinda... straying away from using 0.83,1.07 for the X,Y scale, since not everything really needs it and Mizuchi looked hella weird with it. So I left it as 1,1 and decided, "If I need to change it, I'll update."
#6  September 02, 2020, 09:25:12 am
  • Indeed
Ah thanks for the lore haha. I mean, I learned a little bit on that while doing my research on the character during creation, but yeah that kinda makes sense. I was wondering "why the hell does this dude have two names".
The snk wiki is your friend, if you feel like falling into the rabbit hole! Snk games have interesting (and sometimes cheesy) lores, the Orochi saga storyline is especially cool.

And, regarding the palettes, perhaps! Though I'm, like, the least comfortable person with requesting stuff lol I hate imposing. But I'll think about it, it'd be fun anyhow.
Well it's not an imposition since they're making those threads voluntarily, and anyway they can/will refuse if they don't want to. I kinda feel you though, I usually make my own palettes for the characters in my build, even though most of the times they suck compared to those made by the guys here.

And with the size, I'm kinda... straying away from using 0.83,1.07 for the X,Y scale, since not everything really needs it and Mizuchi looked hella weird with it. So I left it as 1,1 and decided, "If I need to change it, I'll update."
Try experimenting with it. To reword what I said earlier, I think with Mizuchi the problem is just his scale. I mean, he doesn't look out of proportions per se (so the 0.83,1.07 isn't really necessary), but he looks out of scale compared with the other characters. He looks like a midget. Try "enlarging" him with 1.1,1.1 or more, and see if the results satisfy you. (I'm suggesting this because I'm figuring that you're a bit of a visual perfectionist as I am)
#7  September 02, 2020, 09:32:35 am
    • USA
Regarding the lore I’ll make sure to look into it!

Regarding the palettes I’ll look into those too.

And regarding the size... I am a perfectionist indeed. But I guess Mizu/Orochi never struck me as large and imposing beings. I don’t mean to imply you’re telling me to make them gigantic lol

More like, personally I do think they work best as smaller, average sized individuals. But yeah I’ll see how 1.1,1.1 or other measurements go and see what works.
#8  September 02, 2020, 09:50:18 am
  • Indeed
But I guess Mizu/Orochi never struck me as large and imposing beings. I don’t mean to imply you’re telling me to make them gigantic lol

More like, personally I do think they work best as smaller, average sized individuals.
In fact yeah, in lore Orochi is possessing the body of a kid, so it's not imposing. But what I meant by "out of scale" was not "he looks like a shorter person compared to the others", but "he looks like a person with all his limbs and torso and head shrinked compared to other normal(ish) human beings", you get what I mean? A rescaling may make him look short but more "contextually proportioned". Actually, maybe 1.1 is too much, something like 1.05 may work better. I may try myself, later.

But again, yeah, those are just my own pet peeves I have for pretty much everything, so feel free to do what work best for you and ignore me :P

#9  September 02, 2020, 01:39:41 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Some feedback for Mizuchi:
1. Why not add his Light Pillar Special (Katakenawa)? That would work just fine in an MvC char. It seems you were going to add it going by the .cmd file, what gives?
2. Snowflake Siege (Kon) lacks Hitsparks or Guardsparks.
3. Soul Corruption could do with more damage and uses the wrong Guardspark.
Still cool to see this kinda guy in this style.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#10  September 02, 2020, 01:55:17 pm
Always a fan of the comic chars since loads have good sprites/horrid coding... in for the Submariner

Ill check out 12 as well. Growing up, only fighting games I played were SF, MVC, MK, KI and Smash Bros. I didn’t get into CVS, SNK until Mugen because so many ppl code chars from those games so I’ll check out the others too
Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 02:04:52 pm by dakidbanks
#11  September 02, 2020, 04:10:34 pm
    • Brazil
This should be in Edits & Addons ...But it seems that Macaulyn97, Orochi Gill and 087-B act with hypocrisy in these lands ...

#12  September 02, 2020, 04:24:36 pm
    • USA
This should be in Edits & Addons ...But it seems that Macaulyn97, Orochi Gill and 087-B act with hypocrisy in these lands ...

I disagree.

And about that, I’m sorry man. I kinda jumped on that bandwagon too soon. Regarding Mephisto, personally I didn’t see ENOUGH at the time to call it a new character (as opposed to your latest WIP of him), but yeah I shouldn’t have said he belongs in Edits and Addons. However I think the new WIP of him looks quite promising and I’m eager to see how more unique you make him. Kudos to you man.

#13  September 02, 2020, 04:43:21 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
nice to see an snk character be mvc2 styled and it's one of the four final bosses from neo geo battle coliseum

keep it up
#14  September 02, 2020, 08:08:32 pm
    • USA
Some feedback for Mizuchi:
1. Why not add his Light Pillar Special (Katakenawa)? That would work just fine in an MvC char. It seems you were going to add it going by the .cmd file, what gives?
2. Snowflake Siege (Kon) lacks Hitsparks or Guardsparks.
3. Soul Corruption could do with more damage and uses the wrong Guardspark.
Still cool to see this kinda guy in this style.

1. I... was gonna add it and I forgot. RIP. Time for an update haha.

2. That's an oversight, whoops. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

3. Gotcha, thanks for the suggestion and pointing that out too. ^_^

Glad that, otherwise, he turned out pretty good! It was my first time doing an SNK character so I appreciate the feedback for anything I missed or for what could be improved.
#15  September 02, 2020, 09:06:53 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
I didn't expect you to do a SNK char. That's awesome!
#16  September 02, 2020, 09:10:52 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#17  September 02, 2020, 09:11:44 pm
    • USA
#18  September 02, 2020, 11:02:21 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico

vyn

#19  September 04, 2020, 04:51:38 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
Im getting that zero as soon as im done with work today
#20  September 04, 2020, 05:16:53 pm
    • USA
#21  September 04, 2020, 06:59:04 pm
Re: (MvC2 ALEX and IBUKI) Legacy Age of Heroes WAVE 2 [#11-#40]
#22  September 05, 2020, 10:01:47 am
    • USA
Oh hello there.

Looks like Alex and Ibuki are here!

Very VERY happy to finally release these two! They hold a special place in my heart -- specifically cause they were supposed to be out ages ago. Alex was gonna be my first release for Legacy, and Ibuki was gonna be my third. But my inexperience at the time basically rendered them impossible to create. Alex remained an unfinished beta that I threw online, and I deleted Ibuki due to how terribly unpolished she was.

So, I figured, when I extended The Wishlist by ten more characters, I'd go back to my roots and try and bring the projects I wanted to make that never came to be. So this big chunk of characters in the final part of Wave Two is essentially "What Could've Been". Alex and Ibuki are just two of a handful of planned characters that never saw the light of day -- but now, they finally will!

Additionally, with Ibuki's release means I will be steadily updating my previous characters to include a compatibility patch for some of her moves. It's nothing game breaking... just graphic breaking! I need to include/fix some animations, so forgive me if that takes some time!

But in the mean time I hope everyone enjoys these two~! :D
#23  September 05, 2020, 10:15:31 am
  • Indeed
Being right at the start of my character creation learning process, I’m realizing how it’s a constant slope. I think it’s normal that you’re now a lot more knowledgeable about the process, and I’m glad you’re now at the point where you can overcome past obstacles easily. So, cheers for this release in particular!
#24  September 26, 2020, 05:58:40 am
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
amazing work as always man, can i give some feedback on zero?

his steps have no sounds, he cant charge his buster, why not have him do his slash dash instead of a down forward kick a forward high punch like mvc3?

also a green lantern hal jordan in your mvc2 style would be amazing :D
Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:05:34 am by \0/ sunbro
#25  March 02, 2021, 04:54:08 pm
  • *Ultimate Pharmacist*
ibuki's grab glitches thru the floor
#26  March 09, 2021, 01:53:35 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Not 100% sure on what causes it, but there's a chance of Volnutt getting stuck in an glitchy animation loop whenever he does his QCB version of his Shining Laser.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#27  March 09, 2021, 02:15:40 am
    • USA
Regarding any issues — no need to worry, I’ll be revisiting Legacy in the future. I’ve learned a lot since my last release. All of my characters will receive updates then. I know what causes some of these bugs and I know how to fix them. <3