YesNoOk

General HDBZ Discussion topic (Read 832050 times)

Started by Iced, May 15, 2015, 11:27:53 am
Share this topic:

HQ

Re: General HDBZ Discussion topic
#141  June 22, 2015, 09:50:46 pm
#142  June 22, 2015, 10:27:53 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
:haw:
#143  June 22, 2015, 10:30:07 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Barker, when you'll release this epic Krillin?
As I sent you 2500 bucks for it, I want to be sure. xD

lui

#144  June 22, 2015, 10:30:46 pm
    • USA

once again ahead of the curve.

I was actually planning on including new keyframes for the really choppy anims at some point. studying HQ's and Chamat's methods really helped me learn to do this.
#145  June 22, 2015, 10:42:09 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
For the small characters, I don't think the spritesheets are really useful or can be leveraged for HDBZ.

For example, C18 or Cell idle stances are just 4 frames, and there are few differences between these frames. C18's walking sprites are just 5 frames and they are basically the same idle stances slightly edited:

Idle:

Walk:
Damn, I didn't know these sprites were this poorly animated  :( .
#146  June 22, 2015, 10:48:22 pm
Expect a plethora of broken EB characters that will try to earn the "first EB character released" achievement and fail miserably.
Sadly, as soon as I saw the sprite rips, that was the first thought that came to my mind. :(
#147  June 23, 2015, 12:00:51 am
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
I have this game, graphically he's beautiful but really wonderful nevertheless the animations are just ugly. OMG even Robocop is more fluid than the characters of Extrem Butoden ....
#148  June 23, 2015, 12:07:03 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
This is a generic forum signature.
#149  June 23, 2015, 01:11:55 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
The Z2 style is very distinctive. I think the Extreme Butouden sprites would make fantastic references but I think it would be tacky to just edit one of these sheets and put it in the game when everyone else is totally custom-built.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#150  June 23, 2015, 01:18:20 am
I agree.

HQ

#151  June 23, 2015, 01:22:00 am
To be honest, at this point I lack a good understandment of Z2 style - I have to do some research on it before I try my hands on that, but it would definetly be great to see someone experienced in that style do a conversation - like what needs to be changed in terms of shading so it looks fine in Z2 style - as proportion wise - the big guys like Brolly kinda fit to Z2 style if they get resized a bit.
#152  June 23, 2015, 02:19:57 am
I think people are just easily too influenced by the latest thing. Extreme Butouden is just another DBZ fighting game, but with good sprites.
#153  June 23, 2015, 02:30:12 am
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
sad but true  (me first) .....but when I saw bad Animation
I'm falling out of my bed  ( T__T) .... but broly animation are successful stand pose ( 10 sprite )
#154  June 23, 2015, 03:29:35 pm
  • Bad Personal Text? Nah...Bad you!
    • Canada
It would take a lot of work but I think it will help others flesh out characters using the sprites...I honestly think it will only help
Re: Piccolo Z2 [Project]
#155  June 25, 2015, 04:44:39 am
  • 4th Raikage will one day make his way into mugen
Side topic: I know I've asked this before so hopefully this doesn't piss Balthazar and/or other members off but for my own curiosity, is there a possibility for Perfect or Super Perfect Cell to join the Z2 team? I think I saw someone bring him up while I was skimming through the pages of this thread.

NOT looking to come across as pushy but if I may make a humble suggestion: If you guys do decide to make Cell for the Z2 team, perhaps Super Perfect Cell would be the way to go since it would give him a wider arsenal of different abilities that he didn't have while in his "Perfect Form". Traits such as Instant Transmission (Goku has his Instant Transmission Kamehameha, maybe Cell could have his Instant Transmission blitz that finishes with a Special Beam cannon piercing through his opponent), SS2 level of power, a much more badass aura and his solar Kamehameha. Heck, maybe he could even have a regeneration ability that heals him and increases his attack damage for a limited time as one of his hypers perhaps (pretty much Regeneration Empowerment thanks to his Zenkai ability).

But anyway, whether this happens or not, it's all good. We're all just grateful to have talented sprite artists and coders who bring us excellent mugen characters.

Cheers.
#156  June 25, 2015, 06:03:41 am
    • bishoman123@gmail.com
DBZ:EB's Cell looks straight out of Balthazar's paint, and Broly exactly what Diepod would have wanted to make of him, so ... I would assume that pillaging those, and try to make them work and play in Z2 Style would be great, don't you think?

can this idea relate to mugen dream? it used sprites from 3 different games and custom sprite sheets.

anyways,  the only characters i can see happening with minor edits is cell, android 18, broly, krillin, beerus, and fat buu. i can imagine these minor edits being just a not-so-simple rescale, reshade, and refine.
Re: Re: Piccolo Z2 [Project]
#157  June 25, 2015, 08:26:17 am
  • pew pew
    • sniris5@gmail.com
well mate.. as unrelated as that is i'll just give my useless opinion on that too.. simply because i can.. XD
aight cap'n considering this is a balanced game.. i dont really understand what SS2 kind of power could possibly be.. for Ginyus sake that makes no sense.. would be weird with out good ol bug celery so you could expect him imo.. but not.. *NOW*

Z2 is pwetty cool ya know and they got some pretty cool ideas and some pretty cool vision of what HDBZ will be like. and stuff...  Regen would be the most broken shit in history... especially with the Instant Transmission thingy.. just dodge everything until your hp is filled.. pretty darn easy in my xp with carrot..
Basically everything will be daijobu, they aren't so tentacruel as to leave the Green Cicada out ;-; (i think lol).. i like trains
Re: Piccolo Z2 [Project]
#158  June 25, 2015, 10:40:51 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
SS2 level of power
Dunno how much of these characters you played, but if you noticed, the damage output on SSJ Goku VS Normal Goku isn't really that different, and ditto for Majin Vegeta VS Normal Vegeta. The whole SSJ thing just means that they play differently.

a much more badass aura
Considering how many times Majin Vegeta's aura underwent changes during the initial planning, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this would probably be really hard to do without either looking bad or being distracting.

Heck, maybe he could even have a regeneration ability that heals him and increases his attack damage for a limited time as one of his hypers perhaps (pretty much Regeneration Empowerment thanks to his Zenkai ability).
Lemme rephrase my first response. I dunno what fighting games you played, but I can't think of any fighters off the top of my head that wouldn't find this totally broken. You'd have to keep those two separate for one because you're giving the player an advantage both offensively and defensively, and even when they're seperate, the drawback is usually pretty huge (they're usually reserved for supers).
#159  June 25, 2015, 10:55:34 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yeah gameplay is more important than the powers those characters have. No one will be getting a massive powerup when compared to other characters, so, nothing like freeza always killing krilin or something like that.

Likewise a move that boths heals you and makes you stronger sounds really cheap.

As for what version of the character is used, we usually mix all forms together as much as possible ( as long as sprites allow )  and visually the only difference between perfect and super perfect were sparks visually.
#160  June 26, 2015, 10:15:19 pm
    • France
    • louis.salome@live.fr
The thing with cell is that whatever the moves you give him he'll always be super cool ;p
Awesomeness can be considered one of his traits, along with mimicry ^^

But well, it's quite early to talk about balancing cell, he hasn't been announced yet ^^
I think exterminating monkeys and slugs with Freeza will be fun enough to keep all of us waiting for more ! :D