YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2929838 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#11481  August 03, 2021, 02:58:44 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
They are totally gonna retcon everything in Rival Schools to make it seem like Akira was the one that stopped Hyo single handedly and brung peace to Japan before transferring over to Seijyun, aren't they?

Nonetheless, still surreal to finally get acknowledgement to Rival Schools lore after 2 decades.
#11482  August 03, 2021, 03:51:26 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
They are totally gonna retcon everything in Rival Schools to make it seem like Akira was the one that stopped Hyo single handedly and brung peace to Japan before transferring over to Seijyun, aren't they?

I hope not, it would be such a pointless thing to do...

But then again Akira looks like she hasn't aged a day despite Sakura being older now -- and those two were canonically in the same age range in the first RS, so... if they do retcon I wouldn't be entirely surprised.
#11483  August 03, 2021, 04:59:58 am
They could easily move the timeline of RS and have it take place during the events of Street Fighter 4 so it would then naturally merge with SFV's setting before the events of Project Justice kicks off.

Their current world is inches away from armageddon anyways so might as well as get this over with and later give Itsuno the Alpha 4 and total control of the Capcom Fighting-verse he always wanted.
#11484  August 03, 2021, 10:37:23 am

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#11485  August 03, 2021, 12:46:18 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

But then again Akira looks like she hasn't aged a day despite Sakura being older now -- and those two were canonically in the same age range in the first RS, so... if they do retcon I wouldn't be entirely surprised.

Well, SF is continuously retconning itself. I don't remember who was but said that every SF game happens in its own "universe", so that LAZILY explains this kind of things.

So as every SF game happens in its own universe, are we up to a Multiverse War :D? xDD
I swear there was something cool here!!
#11486  August 03, 2021, 03:21:37 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 03:37:38 pm by NDSilva
#11487  August 04, 2021, 12:21:47 am
https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

Stream is happening.  Loving Oro's theme.

Fortnite collab featuring Guile and an unfortunately censored Cammy.

ATSUI KODOU, RS' OPENING, PLAYS IN GEDO RIVERSIDE WHEN CHARACTERS ARE CLOSE TO BEING KO'D I AM IN TEARS

Akira has her maid outfit from RS2, schoolgirl garments, and Classic Biker outfit.  Akira's Critical Art is indeed her Team-Up technique with Daigo, but it is vastly different from the one from Rival Schools.
Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 12:48:20 am by Kirishima
#11488  August 04, 2021, 12:48:26 am
    • USA
HNNNNNG all the love they put into Akira has me shivering I love it so fucking much--
#11489  August 04, 2021, 01:10:37 am

New character is a brash man named Luke, gameplay looks like a hybrid of Abel, Ed, and Boxer, and is SF's own Steve Fox.  Has freaking full ranged projectiles.

Story-wise, he fights in hopes to be "that man".
Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 01:19:13 am by Kirishima
#11490  August 04, 2021, 01:30:05 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

There isn't that much hype to a brand new character and it doesn't work well as a big mystery. He's supposed to give us a glimpse of the future apparently so I assume he'll tie into SF6 or something.

At least he looks kinda sick. I do get serious KOF vibes with his extreme animations. That's good, right?

I feel as if he could've been a reworked Joe from SF1 with the whole MMA/Kickboxer feeling I am sensing.

The last attack also reminds me of AOF2 John's Atomic Smash.

Edit: Are we also gonna talk about how they made another Fortnite crossover?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#11491  August 04, 2021, 01:52:00 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Most generic design,  but excelent gameplay
#11492  August 04, 2021, 02:16:37 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
He's cool. But making so much of a mistery for such a "normal" character is a kind of marketing strategy that I will probably just never understand... :thinking:

It would make more sense if Akira was the last fighter of the bunch, then.
Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 02:32:33 am by NDSilva
#11493  August 04, 2021, 02:20:47 am
People are claiming Luke to be the same guy from Capcom All Stars of the same name and that is just silly.  One uses punches, the other uses kicks.  One is an energetic American, the other is a moody Benimaru with a tattoo and is left forgotten in favor of Ingrid.  One is named Luke, the other Luke is not his actual name.  It's Rook!

He's supposed to give us a glimpse of the future apparently so I assume he'll tie into SF6 or something
Theory is he was meant to be the new focus of Ono's SF6, akin to Alex, Abel, and Rashid before it got canned.
Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 02:24:33 am by Kirishima
#11494  August 04, 2021, 02:52:40 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
...sigh... Look at that face, and tell me they didn't initially plan for that to be Joe but didn't go through with it...
Well, all we can do is wait, because this trailer is surprisingly lacking, compared to how they did it for the later seasons. No clarification, what are his V-Actions (forgot how MP-MK called for them), no proper introduction to second V-Trigger, and no Critical Art. I know it's because of how HEAVY WIP is this guy yet, but still, with all these stars on this guy and in the trailer, and this face, you can kill me, but this guy SERIOUSLY smells Joe. And if the connection IS there, I'll be glad that all this time I was correct about this secret character... xD

Edit: it seems, I said this thing in the Discord, not here, so I think it'll be good to clarify, what I said: I said, that if the 5th spot would be taken by a fan favorite, then there would be no reasons to HIDE him. If something, telling his name right away was the way to seal the Season's sales even further, but they kept hiding the guy, meaning that it was someone riskier, so it was OR someone new, OR someone people would DEFINITELY NOT want to see again...
Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 03:08:33 am by Trololo
#11495  August 04, 2021, 03:08:34 am
    • USA
I’m actually super interested in this new guy and I still can’t pinpoint why. Just something about him has me really into it all.

One is named Luke, the other Luke is not his actual name.  It's Rook!

I thought Rook was just a mistranslation of the name.
#11496  August 04, 2021, 03:09:32 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
...this trailer is surprisingly lacking, compared to how they did it for the later seasons. No clarification, what are his V-Actions (forgot how MP-MK called for them), no proper introduction to second V-Trigger, and no Critical Art.

It's actually par the course for how they've been handling this last season: Show the basic idea of what the character can do in their trailers and then do an in depth rundown at a later date. They did it with Akira when they first revealed her as well as Dan, I believe.

vyn

#11497  August 04, 2021, 03:19:49 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
An american UFC fighter is not what I expected but ill give it a shot.
#11498  August 04, 2021, 03:25:27 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
#11499  August 04, 2021, 03:46:08 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#11500  August 04, 2021, 03:50:52 am
  • Objection! Sustained!