YesNoOk

Teen Gohan Z2i (Read 167296 times)

Started by A.C.I.D, July 02, 2016, 05:39:59 pm
Share this topic:
Teen Gohan Z2i
#1  July 02, 2016, 05:39:59 pm

Z2i means Z2 imitation the series where basically I try my best to imitate Z2 characters by TeamZ2 using EB sprites. Won't be 100 % accurate because Team Z2's coding is leagues above me and I just started 3 months ago.  Wouldn't hurt to try though

How this project came about :
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

On his progress

-He has 2 intros for now I plan to have atleast 4

-He has all the basics and 2 throws with the same chaining as Z2 characters

-Unique aspect of him is he can fly using War Machines button input you can see it in the combo video

-Another unique aspect is Infinite Potential it occurs the same way Jin Saotome Shine in MVC2

"Last surviving member of his team and only has 30% or less health he will flash automatically when he is on his feet.
This enters him a state of power and defense increase. Despite being a Hyper Combo, it doesn't take any power."

How Infinite Potential looks like
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

- He has a special called Dragon Spear he lunges on the enemy in a spear like motion if it hits it follows a barrage of kicks

- The EX version of Dragon Spear he teleports up and then attacks you can also see this in the video

I also took some required sprites, effects and codes from GohanZ2 and SSJGokuZ2 to be compatible with other Z2 characters

So far compatible with

- Dash collision

- Projectile Counter

- Chou kamehameha finisher

- Babidi's Curse (Took GohanZ2 monkey form and turned it yellow)

- Flip KO and the twist fall animation

- Goku's Nappa Back breaker

- Cheap KO animation

- KI blast and EX Ki blast
Donuts
Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 02:19:22 am by A.C.I.D
Re: Teen Gohan Z2i
#2  July 02, 2016, 05:47:45 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Very very nice work so far, im interested ins eeing more when you show off his moves.
#3  July 02, 2016, 05:56:46 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Ok you have my attention! ^^
#4  July 02, 2016, 06:13:03 pm
  • Niigasan
Looking very good man
#5  July 02, 2016, 06:19:56 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
looks fantastic.
#6  July 02, 2016, 06:21:15 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Definitely interesting! Looks like a really good job so far, keep it up!
#7  July 02, 2016, 06:33:34 pm
Glad you guys like it.
On his next move I'm planning to add air KI balls the way Akuma does it.
Need to see if it fits though.
I also want to add the hyper of Gekiretsu Madan from tenkaichi games but works as Tenma Gou Zankuu by Akuma.
Would be nice alongside his back dash teleport.

Balthazar, Awesome man, btw I will only be working on characters that is not on your current WIP.
Donuts
Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 06:38:20 pm by A.C.I.D
#8  July 02, 2016, 06:49:38 pm
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
Dude this looks amazing love the combos, honestly I think you could be a legit coder for Team Z2 man, you definitely have the skills to code for them man. Keep up the good work.
#9  July 02, 2016, 07:12:33 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
The beam counter is really hard though I can't even get it to work with Z2 vs Z2 characters idk why, I'll look more into it.

Beam collision was disabled in the latest builds of HDBZ, hence why it's not working on your side ;)
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!

lui

#10  July 02, 2016, 08:46:57 pm
    • USA
Looks awesome, i was planning on doing something similar to this with bardock (hehe, spoilers!) but yah beat me to it! Anyways, for someone who just started 3 months ago its fantastic, keep it up!
#11  July 02, 2016, 09:09:51 pm
    • USA
Looks awesome, i was planning on doing something similar to this with bardock (hehe, spoilers!) but yah beat me to it! Anyways, for someone who just started 3 months ago its fantastic, keep it up!

bardock from extreme butoden or a z2 inspired sprite

lui

#12  July 02, 2016, 09:12:54 pm
    • USA
Extreme butoden in z2 gameplay like this gohan.mainly for me to see if i can properly get the z2 coding style down
#13  July 03, 2016, 12:02:31 am
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
Looks amazing! Keep the hard work.
#14  July 03, 2016, 01:42:18 am
Dude this looks amazing love the combos, honestly I think you could be a legit coder for Team Z2 man, you definitely have the skills to code for them man. Keep up the good work.

Nah, believe me I'm still far from it. I replaced many vars and codes so that it would be simple and I can understand it

Except vars for compatibility reasons to Z2 characters

but I didn't understand most of it so I still compare and read them.

Beam collision was disabled in the latest builds of HDBZ, hence why it's not working on your side ;)

Oh so that's why, on the tutorial of GokuZ2 I was following every step on how to add beam collision and I was stuck on it. Thanks for the heads up

Dude a Z2 style Bardock would be really cool to see.

Looks amazing! Keep the hard work.

Thanks dude
Donuts
Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 01:42:58 am by A.C.I.D
#15  July 03, 2016, 02:22:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
That's what I did. I removed the vars that were not essential to the system. Be sure you're using Vegeta as your template. Goku has a lot of junk and outdated coding

Also add the following codes to your dash collision

Actually, I think I've found an easier solution.
The symptoms only happened to P1 becoming frozen inn state 0. I haven't been able to reproduce the opposite way (P2 becoming frozen). When investigated this behavior, I found that when the issue happens, P2 is actually going to state 951 (DC win) and then immediately go to state 952 (abort) without being able to grab the enemy. At the same time, P1 is in state 0, waiting to be grabbed, but this obviously never happens.

So, this made me recall that P1 and P2 code is not executed at the same time (let's call it desynch), in a similar way that Helpers are executed 1 tick later than players. So, to fix this I made the following additions:
in State 950:
[State 800, count]
type = VarAdd
triggerall = time<75
trigger1 = command="x" || command="y" || command="z" || command="a" || command="b" || command="c" || command="s"
trigger2 = command = "up" || command = "down" || command = "back" || command = "fwd"
var(30) = 1

Tris triggerall is a safety check to prevent P1 and P2 adding an additional value during the desynch, resulting in one condition to be true on P1 side but false in P2. With this fix, there's a 5 ticks buffer to stop adding values to the count var, ensurign that both characters reach time=80 with the same values on their variables.

The second fix goes to state 951:
[State 951, Abort]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = time=5;2
value =  952
ctrl = 0
ignorehitpause = 1

By increasing the time buffer from 2 ticks to 5, we ensure that P2 is able to execute the grab and trigger it on P1, even if P1 and P2 are desynched.

This prevents a bug I found and the quote is from XG who fixed it
#16  July 03, 2016, 06:38:53 am
That's what I did. I removed the vars that were not essential to the system. Be sure you're using Vegeta as your template. Goku has a lot of junk and outdated coding

Also add the following codes to your dash collision

This prevents a bug I found and the quote is from XG who fixed it

Does this fix the one where the grab doesn't hit and he just stands there also faces wrong sometimes ?
Donuts
Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 06:39:50 am by A.C.I.D
#17  July 03, 2016, 06:42:14 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yep! Orone of the players escapes before the throw and can move while the other is stuck.
I thought for sure it was a Gotenks issue. Till I tried it with others and could replicate it.

I had a fix too but mine was a lot more convoluted lol (my inexperience)

XG saved it with just these tweaks :)
#18  July 03, 2016, 05:35:19 pm
Yep! Orone of the players escapes before the throw and can move while the other is stuck.
I thought for sure it was a Gotenks issue. Till I tried it with others and could replicate it.

I had a fix too but mine was a lot more convoluted lol (my inexperience)

XG saved it with just these tweaks :)

Nice, thanks man and also to XG I was wondering what causes it because it rarely happens.

New intro TFS running gag

Donuts

lui

#19  July 03, 2016, 06:02:58 pm
    • USA
I dont know...i dont like forced tfs jokes like this just put in an intro with no context :/ the voice doesn'y match and it just looks plain weird and out of place. its honestly annoying
Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:03:53 pm by walruslui
#20  July 04, 2016, 12:27:36 am
I dont know...i dont like forced tfs jokes like this just put in an intro with no context :/ the voice doesn'y match and it just looks plain weird and out of place. its honestly annoying

I laughed at it at first then kept on recoding and replaying it just got cringey as you said
I showed it to my friends two of them laughed they are TFS fans and said it is great. The other one just said it is weird. He is a fan of TFS too

Idk if the humor is subjective or I just didn't make it funny enough but if enough people will complain on this. I'll scrap it

Alternative solution is I'll just make a config setting using vars like Z2 characters to use TFS referenced intros or not
Donuts
Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:36:38 am by A.C.I.D