YesNoOk

(TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader... (Read 218116 times)

Started by Fob1aZ, July 15, 2014, 12:36:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Peter Gameplay and Attack Mechanics
#81  December 12, 2019, 07:51:34 pm
  • "Some People Are Born To Be Extraordinary"
    • Italy
    • fab.marchetti86@gmail.com
#82  May 29, 2020, 08:22:07 pm
    • Italy
The Exploding Man vs The Master Of Time And Space! Who will win? (A taste of incoming video)

Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 12:36:28 pm by F0b1aZ
#83  June 01, 2020, 09:47:23 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome, looking forward to the video!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#84  June 01, 2020, 11:21:16 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Nice to see this project is still alive.
Is that Kensei?
#85  June 02, 2020, 09:32:51 pm
    • Italy
New #86  June 18, 2020, 09:39:08 pm
    • Italy

Finally, the Japanese swordsman shows himself in a video!

Winner of the first poll (about 2 years ago) in which I asked which character you would have liked to see in the game after Peter, Hiro Nakamura is probably the most famous character in the TV series (his sentences "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" and "Yattà" are very popular among fans and less fans). His power is space-time manipulation, which allows it to freeze time and teleport (useful for controlling the battlefield and avoiding attacks). In addition, Hiro wields a sword to compensate for his lack of offense.

In this video you can see his basic movements, special attacks (with enhancements), extraordinary move (which can be delayed), as well as some defensive moves common to all characters and taken by MK11: rolling (forward or backward after the fall), breakaway (accelerates the fall, avoiding the combos), get up attack (fast attack after the fall) and the perfect block (which can be followed by a get up attack). Currently these defensive moves consume the same bar as the offensive moves, but I plan to separate it into two different bars in the future.

Hiro is almost complete (only punches and kicks are missing, with the exception of the crouching punch). In the next video, I will show Peter again (with a new variant) and the combo system.

See ya! ;)
Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:33:20 am by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Hiro Gameplay and Defense Mechanics
#87  June 22, 2020, 04:33:42 pm
  • AVP Project
    • Spain
    • sergeusmugen.blogspot.com
GREAT! love it! Nice work with this char, and all the project
#88  July 11, 2020, 06:40:41 pm
    • Italy
Thanks a lot!
New #89  August 11, 2021, 05:20:11 pm
    • Italy

Sometimes they come back!

As I promised about a year ago (such a shame  :mhmm:) I show you the combo mechanics in this video. Peter's combos are ready, Hiro's ones not yet due to lack of graphics (the last week I was able to draw some punches, so is close to be finished). Also, the Peter shown in this video is the Season 2 version, with some new special moves (Super Strenght instead of Flight, for example) and an all-new Extraodinary Move (based on a removed scene from the Season 2).

My hope for the future is to finish at least these two characters and release a demo. Not easy, due to the studies and the hot of this days  :P. Wish me good luck!  :)
Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 03:34:42 am by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Combo Mechanics
#90  September 05, 2021, 10:20:45 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Nice work! Peter could have the ability to teleport or heal, probably depending which opponent he's facing. Maybe, let's say, for example, Peter faces Nathan and he does the flight. We know his power is mimicry. Question is, how is he gonna perform an imitation while confronting the opponent? Sorry for saying this due to much sprite work. But so far, it's great work on the video. I love how Peter goes. I guess you are one-man army on the Heroes project or is there someone helping you with it?
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 10:23:57 am by Enso
#91  September 08, 2021, 01:47:51 am
    • Italy
Nice work! Peter could have the ability to teleport or heal, probably depending which opponent he's facing. Maybe, let's say, for example, Peter faces Nathan and he does the flight. We know his power is mimicry. Question is, how is he gonna perform an imitation while confronting the opponent? Sorry for saying this due to much sprite work. But so far, it's great work on the video. I love how Peter goes. I guess you are one-man army on the Heroes project or is there someone helping you with it?

Hi Enso! Glad to see you around after all this time! :)

About Peter, actually the versions I've shown (S1 and S2) can do 6 special moves (each taken from a character) for all the match, no matter who's the opponent or his/her ability.

A version not yet shown (S4) starts the match with 2 special moves of a single ability (just Flight, or just Super Strength, it's random), plus a special throw witch allows him, if succeeds, to replace those 2 starting special moves with 2 taken from the enemy. Very cool, but it's very long to complete! :lol:

The idea you had is good and legitimate, and can be realized for S1 and S2. Instead of 6 special moves, Peter could have 5 of them, plus one which changes automatically depending from the opponent. In case the opponent's ability is already present in those 5 moves, he'll acquire another move; if the opponent hasn't abilities, instead, it will have a "powerless" move to compensate! :) Do you like?

Thanks for the appreciations! I'm officially one-man army, but some time ago All-Star Platinium gave a hand drawing some sprites for Claire. I'd try to contact him and/or look for others to help!
Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:06:18 am by F0b1aZ
#92  September 10, 2021, 07:11:28 pm
    • Italy
Here's a demo of Hiro's and Claire's palettes, among with the unpixelled scratch of a new stage: Times Square. ^_^

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:32:15 pm by F0b1aZ
Re: HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader, save the world! :)
#93  February 22, 2022, 10:41:10 am
    • Italy
HIRO COMPLETED!  ;):goi:

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 09:48:34 pm by F0b1aZ
#94  February 22, 2022, 06:18:14 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome, congratulations! YATTA!  ;D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#95  February 24, 2022, 10:35:59 pm
    • Italy
Awesome, congratulations! YATTA!  ;D

Thanks dude! Wow, you're from Norway! It is cold? :D

Now that Hiro is complete, I'll do some bug testing for both Hiro and Peter, then I'll finally release a beta of the game! :D

THREAD EDIT: I noticed I've lost a lot of images, so I've shinked the thread by modyfing or deleting old messages. ::)

Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 10:41:42 pm by F0b1aZ
#96  March 12, 2022, 06:50:09 pm
    • Italy
I'm tryin'..!

Re: (TIMES SQUARE W.I.P.) HEROES GENESIS - Save the cheerleader...
#97  March 21, 2022, 08:29:19 pm
    • Italy
The biggest is done! :) By the way I noticed I was drawing it too much big!  >_<  I had to resize all to 25%  T_T

Missing:

- Advices on various squares (they will be various quotes from Heroes universe, from Vote Petrelli to 9th Wonders).
- People.
- Cars.

Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:33:52 pm by F0b1aZ
#98  May 03, 2022, 01:55:44 pm
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
Wow! Long time no look on this thread! I didn't know you updated it weeks ago!

Now with the Heroes history with you from that day you started Peter till you finished both him and Hiro, so it's "Yatta!" for Hiro. Now it's time to save the cheerleader! If the final product comes, that would mean you have/had saved the world. LOL

You can find those stuff from Beat 'Em Ups, RPGs, Shooters (horizontal and vertical shooters), and stuff to add as backgrounds. Or do you want them to be made from scratch?
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#99  May 10, 2022, 10:00:39 pm
    • Italy
Hi Enso! Glad you give a look here sometimes! :D

Yes, Peter and Hiro are completed and Claire is on the works! After that I'll release a public demo...it's 7 years since I've started it all! :')

Thanks for the advice about the stage! I've found some cars in a SNK stage, all I should do is adapt them to the stage's style :P.