YesNoOk

Iron Man POTS style- by Varo Hades (Read 13289 times)

Started by Akito, February 24, 2022, 11:24:10 pm
Share this topic:
Iron Man POTS style- by Varo Hades
#1  February 24, 2022, 11:24:10 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Re: Iron Man POTS style- by Varo Hades
#2  February 25, 2022, 12:11:59 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
It's the best you'll get until ReddBrink finally unleashes his version.

Definitely feels weird since he's got pretty much all the MvC stuff but placed into a CvS format without much thought, mainly in terms of balance (e.g. Flight being perfectly free to use in contrast to Infinite's chars where Flight is EX only). I also don't understand the weird DP commands (F,DF,F).
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#3  February 25, 2022, 06:26:21 am
    • China
#4  February 25, 2022, 03:09:16 pm
    • USA
Yeah it just code from Koldskool's edit of Gou-San's version on Jmorphman's coding (Plus what the others said with the custom supers), nothing out of the ordinary for Varo's chars.
Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 04:00:32 pm by SwordmasterZack
#5  February 25, 2022, 06:22:37 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
It's the best you'll get until ReddBrink finally unleashes his version.
Definitely feels weird since he's got pretty much all the MvC stuff but placed into a CvS format without much thought, mainly in terms of balance (e.g. Flight being perfectly free to use in contrast to Infinite's chars where Flight is EX only). I also don't understand the weird DP commands (F,DF,F).

Yeah, this is speculation on my part, but it kind of feels like Varo wanted to beat Redd to releasing a POTS style Iron Man (assuming it wasn't commissioned beforehand).

Yeah it just code from Koldskool's edit of Gou-San's version on Jmorphman's coding (Plus what the others said with the custom supers), nothing out of the ordinary for Varo's chars.

The hitboxes look like they have not been touched, & they certainly don't look like anything you'd see in actual CVS. I think a lot of these non-SFA/CVS characters just don't have enough done to them to better adapt them for POTS style, such as reusing/missing certain animations for the 6 button attacks. That's why some creators have a 3 button style for their characters since that compliments the source better.

This, on the other hand, just doesn't have nearly enough effort put into it to properly adapt Iron Man into the advertised style.
If you ask me, I'm hoping Varo makes it a point to better practice his coding/balancing for his future characters, because he's bound to hit a point where phoning it in isn't going to work anymore, especially once people start making more stricter requirements for their commissions, or even stop commissioning him at all in favor of other creators or doing it themselves.
#6  May 21, 2022, 08:33:56 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#7  May 21, 2022, 08:48:54 pm
    • Brazil
I mean, Varo Hades isn't really known for good quality...
#8  July 10, 2022, 02:59:56 am
  • MUGEN MEMES
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#9  July 10, 2022, 04:59:43 am
    • Brazil
#10  July 10, 2022, 08:26:15 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
#11  July 11, 2022, 07:31:15 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
Damn! I forgot to give him palettes :omg:

He'll have palettes next time :smash:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#12  July 11, 2022, 07:59:50 pm
    • Brazil
Damn! I forgot to give him palettes :omg:

He'll have palettes next time :smash:
Here is a better idea: don't bother. Varo Hades' characters are trash, you're wasting your time making minor edit to this one just so it can look like War Machine. Do that with a good version of Iron Man instead.
#13  July 11, 2022, 10:14:25 pm
    • USA
Varo Hades's just guts out Jmoph's Guile to copy-paste other mugeners's char's to, he has no talent at all and is just wanting attention.
Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 10:20:06 pm by SwordmasterZack
#14  July 11, 2022, 10:49:02 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
-Macaulyn97

I was thinking about updating both but I'm definitely looking forward to Reddbrink's Ironman but idk if he still working him :uhoh:

-SwordmasterZack

Everyone has talent. Everyone don't have the same methods. I know it's not perfect but something is better than nothing :mellow:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

#15  July 11, 2022, 11:23:36 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Varo Hades's just guts out Jmoph's Guile to copy-paste other mugeners's char's to, he has no talent at all and is just wanting attention.

He's actually doing this as commission work. The same commissioner also got him to produce questionable versions of Batman, Blade and Spawn.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#16  July 11, 2022, 11:57:53 pm
    • Brazil
#17  July 12, 2022, 02:25:17 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
He's actually doing this as commission work. The same commissioner also got him to produce questionable versions of Batman, Blade and Spawn.

I see. Even so, it’s a very noticeable lack of quality. I don’t do or request commissions, but if I had a commission from Varo & they posted something like this, I’d read him the riot act & demand a refund. That said, I’d probably make very specific & extensive moveset & frame data requests for my commission, as to avoid any problems with quality.