YesNoOk

CammyHD released, updated 4/08/10 (Read 31289 times)

Started by Zero-Sennin, March 31, 2010, 11:14:55 PM
Share this topic:
CammyHD released, updated 4/08/10
#1  March 31, 2010, 11:14:55 PM
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
OK, my website is NOT acting a little weird right now...so I NOW have something nice for everybody.

It was an experiment, and I'm not really fully devoted to it, but it was a good experience overall--helped me figure my way around some of the new stuff 1.0 has to offer.

Get her at http://zerosenworkshop.x10hosting.com/ or...
http://www.mediafire.com/zerosenninchars/

Hit me up with feed back!

Now, back to work on Kakuge...
and praying that someone manages to figure out the KoF XII sprite format so I can try Leona next. :D

~ZS
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:07:51 PM by Zero-Sennin
Re: CammyHD released
#2  April 01, 2010, 12:00:28 AM
  • Dark Templar
which res I need to fit mugen.cfg to display properly?
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#3  April 01, 2010, 12:07:34 AM
    • UK
    • www.nnaajjmugen.tumblr.com/
By looking at the screenshots I can see the palette is wrong. I don't know if you have seen Cammy's normal palette but, that's not right. The purple and light blue colours were used for colour seperation so, all you gotta do is change the palette. But, anyway that dosen't really matter.
Kinda strange but I woke up today and her hand was on my ass cheek
I won't suspect anything though I'll take it she was sleeping and didn't notice
you should have flipped over slowly
#4  April 01, 2010, 12:11:05 AM
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
which res I need to fit mugen.cfg to display properly?

1280x1024 (HD) for best display, but because of localcoords, it will display in 640x480 like it does in the screenshots; you don't have to put up the res if your computer doesn't deal with it well.

By looking at the screenshots I can see the palette is wrong. I don't know if you have seen Cammy's normal palette but, that's not right. The purple and light blue colours were used for colour seperation so, all you gotta do is change the palette. But, anyway that dosen't really matter.

You mean the purple on her legs, right? Oh. Well. Yeah. Didn't know that.
(And when you said light blue, you meant the shoelaces, right....)

I may look about it in another update, but like you said it's not deathly important.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#5  April 01, 2010, 12:17:17 AM
Sennin, you should try reducing the color count. Also, walking anim looks misaligned as fuck and the throw looks just plain wrong. D:

Use Super Turbo as reference, plz
#6  April 01, 2010, 12:48:06 AM
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Sennin, you should try reducing the color count. Also, walking anim looks misaligned as fuck and the throw looks just plain wrong. D:

Yeah...the walk was a bit tough. The rips aren't like Kong's or anything--they're somewhat cropped and jitter all over the place, so I had a tougher time trying to align them. If anyone has any advice for me as to how I can get them aligned properly I'd love it.

The colors...hm. I'll mess around in FF and see what I can do, but that's not really my specialty. Any tips?

As for the throw, what exactly constitutes "wrong"?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#7  April 01, 2010, 12:59:46 AM

Yeah...the walk was a bit tough. The rips aren't like Kong's or anything--they're somewhat cropped and jitter all over the place, so I had a tougher time trying to align them. If anyone has any advice for me as to how I can get them aligned properly I'd love it.

The rips are a little wonky. I couldn't get Fei Long to line up completely. They're always jittery.
#8  April 01, 2010, 01:03:20 AM
    • UK
Geez... It's not that hard aligning. All you gotta do is align the Stance correctly and then you onion skin everything from there. Anything Airborn will have to be aligned only by thought of mind.
Seriously, I align every sprite in the .sff for my character(s).
#9  April 01, 2010, 01:09:54 AM
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Geez... It's not that hard aligning. All you gotta do is align the Stance correctly and then you onion skin everything from there. Anything Airborn will have to be aligned only by thought of mind.

I did onionskin, though. That's why everything else turned out very pretty and then the walks were sort of meh. Personally, I'm OK enough with them as they are, but I have no problem fixing them if I can get it right.

When I said "aligning", I should have said something along the lines of "fixing the actual ripped images to specific axes in specifically-sized files so that they align perfectly with one axis input", like Kong's rips--I started doing that, then said "to hell with it" because it was grossly inefficient and was making my eyes bleed out like water in a sieve.

If I could do just that on the walking images only, I probably could get what I'm lookin' for.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#10  April 01, 2010, 01:12:38 AM
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Y'know, it's harder to align hueg HD sprites than snes sprites.
#11  April 01, 2010, 01:13:30 AM

The colors...hm. I'll mess around in FF and see what I can do, but that's not really my specialty. Any tips?

As for the throw, what exactly constitutes "wrong"?
-For one, observe in the source and use common sense. It helps.

-When you look at the sprites, she actually has exactly 143 colors. Your palette actually went rather overboard. However, for easier editing for the community, you could always go in Photoshop and halve her color count to 77. Since she's color-separated, barely any colors could clash with other, and it saves time for palette makers. However, it's risky, and the better choice would be to set it at 143 colors and not, well, 255.

-It just looks and feels wrong. Like I said, look @ source. :U

As your homework assignment tonight, play Super Turbo and base anything you've made look wrong on that while keeping your custom intentions. S'the way to go. :D
#12  April 01, 2010, 01:18:16 AM
    • UK
Y'know, it's harder to align hueg HD sprites than snes sprites.
Hueg? What's that some german name.

Anyway like Red said, study some of the original SF2T game. I do stuff like that all the time when I'm puzzled of how the character plays.
#13  April 01, 2010, 01:32:28 AM
Also remember that when she walks on either way, it's a jog and not a walk. The hair is more than enough to be able to show you that with each step she takes, she's got a bit of herself in the air. Bouncing/hopping motion, you know. The way she's aligned right now, she looks constantly grounded.

EDIT: Why is it that by looking at her sprites, a few of them look scaled down? :/
Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:37:43 AM by Legendary Mr. Red
#14  April 01, 2010, 01:51:50 AM
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
EDIT: Why is it that by looking at her sprites, a few of them look scaled down? :/

Bwaaaah? Really? Never noticed....

Switching gears, though, are there any GAMEPLAY issues that I've got to look at besides what's been mentioned?
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#15  April 01, 2010, 02:10:55 AM
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Yes

All the version of reverse shaft breaker give power back, and the z version of said move only uses 2 stocks.
#16  April 01, 2010, 03:08:25 AM
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Yes

All the version of reverse shaft breaker give power back, and the z version of said move only uses 2 stocks.

FIXED. :D

Also, here's what I've got for the new walks - didn't change X alignment, but after studying, I figured out what Shwa was talking about in terms of the bounce:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The throw...looks better, I think...but yeah.

Also, does anyone have a preference for SSF2T Cannon Spikes (more horizontal coverage than vertical)? I like it the way it is, but all of this "experimenting" is making me cogitate a little.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

#17  April 01, 2010, 03:22:36 AM
Those walking anims look MUCH better, however there are still frames that look scaled down. :/

Nice progress, though. This Cammy ain't too bad if you set aside the obvious kinks.
#18  April 01, 2010, 03:50:48 AM
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Those walking anims look MUCH better, however there are still frames that look scaled down. :/

Nice progress, though. This Cammy ain't too bad if you set aside the obvious kinks.

Well, the scaling sure as heck isn't me. Localcoords, as I explained in my second post, are the reason why Cammy is scaled as she is in regular res--any sprite scaling beyond that, I didn't do.

EDIT: That damn throw looks bad on thin and KoF-size chars, man. Gaaaaaaaaaah!
The Frankensteiner's going to PISS ME OFF, I can tell.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop

Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:56:01 AM by Zero-Sennin
#19  April 01, 2010, 05:20:19 AM
    • parsemugen.webnode.com.br/
I think the walk animation looks wrong. She is bouncing too fast. Just compare to Super Turbo.
She should be more distant when she is close to another character or herself.
Compared do STurbo, she stays too long on the ground when falling. And, you can walk through her.
You can't hit her with a jump strong or med. kick.
If she is too close her special goes through.
The throwing looks wrong... And I wish you could return the normal throw just like super turbo, but that is a personal taste.
If you want, I can give you the hitsparks I made for Ryu HD, or you can get them from the sff. Or not.
Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 05:41:43 AM by parse
#20  April 01, 2010, 07:19:20 AM
How did you do this HD? It's amazing. You converted it from SF2 to this??