YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat X / XL (Read 1166044 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 01, 2014, 08:19:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat X (Last update on 02.06.14)
#61  June 02, 2014, 04:51:46 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Jeez, what's boon's obsession with killing sub-zero for fuck sake. I knew it was gonna happen as soon as I saw the stare down.

Music was atrocious too But more importantly I sincerely hope they fix the gameplay so it's not as broken as MK9.
#62  June 02, 2014, 05:03:54 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
So how many times has Scorpion killed Sub Zero?

Anyway, just to put my 2 cent, whole trailer is pretty decent (CGI trailer that I hope is in-game graphics), since it shows some stuff that might be in the game (The X-ray attack, probably the fighting system, and the Interactive weapons/stages that's lifted from 4, but it reminds me too much of Deception). Would like to see the gameplay trailer when E3 comes.. maybe.

Also, I'll admit.. music doesn't fit both the trailer and the fight whatsoever.
#63  June 02, 2014, 05:09:59 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I'm willing to bet the reason why that song is even in the trailer is due to Warner Bros telling them to use it considering it's from an artist under their label.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#64  June 02, 2014, 05:13:19 pm
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
It also looks like we can parry stuff? Or at least counter some attacks even after getting hit, although it's kinda hard to know how much of the trailer is meant to represent how the game will really play like.

I'm actually expecting for the block button to be replaced by a parry button or something else and let us block by holding back already.

Blocking with an actual button instead of holding back is much better in my opinion.

The trailer was awesome, I didn't mind the music. Scorpion and Sub-Zero look much better than they do in MK9. I hope to god that you can make your own character in this game.
#65  June 02, 2014, 05:22:03 pm
Youtube video descriptinon.

Fueled by next-gen technology, Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever. For the first time ever, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. And with a new fully-connected gameplay experience, players are launched into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy.

Although not surprising in the least, this concerns me. Hopefully they don't go too far and compromises gameplay as a result.
Multiple versions of characters sounds nice.
#66  June 02, 2014, 05:26:57 pm
  • "Good Day sir"
Do you guys think they are gonna add guest characters to this game?
#67  June 02, 2014, 05:27:51 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
With the "Who's Next" I'm thinking they will be doing multiple character reveals to the games release, just like KI is/was doing.
#68  June 02, 2014, 05:31:37 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style.
I remember playing a MK game that used this. It sucked quite badly
#69  June 02, 2014, 05:55:31 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style.
I remember playing a MK game that used this. It sucked quite badly

I think its more like Ryu/Evil Ryu thing,than the Deception and Armageddon thing
#70  June 02, 2014, 06:30:15 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
If this is a sequel to 9 instead of a reboot, then who is that Sub Zero? 1 is dead, 2 is a robot and also dead.
#71  June 02, 2014, 06:36:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's a bunny and also dead.
#72  June 02, 2014, 06:37:43 pm
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#73  June 02, 2014, 06:39:21 pm
can someone fix the trailer with more suitable music. it's not a bad song, it's just not "mortal kombat" at all
#74  June 02, 2014, 06:41:46 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Yeah, it does not fit at all.
Besides the music, that trailer is OK, hope to see more of the game.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#75  June 02, 2014, 06:45:39 pm
  • Fuck You.
the only reason they put it in there is cuz it has 'who's next' at the very end

a lot of trailers/movies do that stupid shit

#76  June 02, 2014, 06:51:26 pm
    • USA
Except the song was composed for the game trailer. The "who's next" text is adapting to the song, not the other way around.
#77  June 02, 2014, 06:54:30 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#78  June 02, 2014, 06:58:14 pm
  • Fuck You.
Except the song was composed for the game trailer. The "who's next" text is adapting to the song, not the other way around.

right nvm i think i saw that on his twitter a few days ago, a black image with 'netherrealm' in white text or some shit on it totally forgot about that

a lot of products do use unfitting music for their trailers tho for that one word or phrase

#79  June 02, 2014, 07:04:32 pm
It also looks like we can parry stuff? Or at least counter some attacks even after getting hit, although it's kinda hard to know how much of the trailer is meant to represent how the game will really play like.

I'm actually expecting for the block button to be replaced by a parry button or something else and let us block by holding back already.

Blocking with an actual button instead of holding back is much better in my opinion.

Blocking with a button means that crossups aren't possible, and that's pretty much a fundamental aspect of fighting games.

Anyway, the trailer was cool but it doesn't show me anything I don't think, I have no idea which is gameplay and which isn't. I noticed a few moves Scorpion does that aren't moves in MK9 like that flash kick looking move, but once again who knows what is gameplay and what's not. I already knew most people weren't going to like the music but since I listen to hip hop anyway it's not that big a deal to me. I liked the beat *shrugs*
#80  June 02, 2014, 08:11:20 pm
    • maximoff.alreadyread.net