YesNoOk

Brand new & in need of some help (Read 2898 times)

Started by Azamuth, December 31, 2007, 12:47:22 pm
Share this topic:
Brand new & in need of some help
#1  December 31, 2007, 12:47:22 pm
Hello, im pretty new to MUGEN. This is my first attempt at creating anything for MUGEN but I have been loving the chars everybody creates and now I feel its time for me to not just wait for something to come out but to help the community. Just wondering if someone could answer two questions.

1) Does anyone know a good site that teaches a person about how to "frankenstein sprites"?

2) What would you consider the first step in creating the character? The sprites or something else?

Im trying to make a decent "US Agent" and "Captain Britain" chars but I dont want them to be Captain America clones. I was just taking a look at a few sprite sheets and from what I heard all I had to do was kinda cut and paste sprites to complete the character but I dont know anything solid and some sites ive been to lightly touch on this. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Re: Brand new & in need of some help
#2  December 31, 2007, 10:27:04 pm
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
Hello, im pretty new to MUGEN. This is my first attempt at creating anything for MUGEN but I have been loving the chars everybody creates and now I feel its time for me to not just wait for something to come out but to help the community. Just wondering if someone could answer two questions.

1) Does anyone know a good site that teaches a person about how to "frankenstein sprites"?

2) What would you consider the first step in creating the character? The sprites or something else?

Im trying to make a decent "US Agent" and "Captain Britain" chars but I dont want them to be Captain America clones. I was just taking a look at a few sprite sheets and from what I heard all I had to do was kinda cut and paste sprites to complete the character but I dont know anything solid and some sites ive been to lightly touch on this. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

1)-the whole "taking bits of this and that" and turning it into a char? that's a good idea, for your first char:)
i don't think there are any direct tutorials, but im sure someone will be willing to help you one on one
2)-before going into any work on sprites, go over the vast array of mugen tutorials, especially elecbyte's...
i had a bit of trouble when i first looked at them, but i'm getting used to them now:)
Remember, there is coding also, and assembling the entire sprite files together, but that's the easier, time consuming part:)
download Fighter Factory as well, and for good measure, Mugen Character Maker.
I hope you know how to cut and paste:P
ill add more soon...
Re: Brand new & in need of some help
#3  December 31, 2007, 11:28:05 pm

1)-the whole "taking bits of this and that" and turning it into a char? that's a good idea, for your first char:)
i don't think there are any direct tutorials, but im sure someone will be willing to help you one on one
2)-before going into any work on sprites, go over the vast array of mugen tutorials, especially elecbyte's...
i had a bit of trouble when i first looked at them, but i'm getting used to them now:)
Remember, there is coding also, and assembling the entire sprite files together, but that's the easier, time consuming part:)
download Fighter Factory as well, and for good measure, Mugen Character Maker.
I hope you know how to cut and paste:P
ill add more soon...

I have Fighter Factory, I also downloaded Mugen Editing Ensemble. I have no idea how to work that lol. Thanks for the response. Hope to find out more soon. The whole Captain Britain flying thing is gonna suck... I just know it.  :D