YesNoOk

MEPHISTO by RobsonMSH RELEASE!!! (Read 33851 times)

Started by RobsonMSH, July 06, 2020, 08:51:05 pm
Share this topic:
MEPHISTO by RobsonMSH RELEASE!!!
#1  July 06, 2020, 08:51:05 pm
    • Brazil
Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 03:56:24 pm by Orochi Gill
Re: MEPHISTO by RobsonMSH RELEASE!!!
#2  July 06, 2020, 09:10:51 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome, however, could you reupload it with mediafire? 4Shared is not that safe, and I know a lot of people here don't like it.

However, damn! Waiting for this one. Looking forward to trying him out.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#3  July 06, 2020, 09:38:10 pm
    • Brazil
bro, i will go up to the mediafire yes ... and thanks for the advice ...
#4  July 06, 2020, 10:55:52 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#5  July 07, 2020, 06:24:39 am
    • Brazil
This should go in Edits and Addons, its obvious from the video its just a spriteswap of Blackheart.
#6  July 07, 2020, 09:01:04 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Spriteswap of Blackheart? Uhm. No? It's a lot more than just a spriteswap. It has a lot of different moves and animations, both original and including some from Tam-Tam for example.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#7  July 13, 2020, 06:00:31 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Indeed a good attempt on the sprites Robson.

Little feedback
- Mephisto's walk sound is really off and i believe it's unnecessary for him. I fix that in the video.
#8  July 13, 2020, 07:17:35 am
    • Brazil
Spriteswap of Blackheart? Uhm. No? It's a lot more than just a spriteswap. It has a lot of different moves and animations, both original and including some from Tam-Tam for example.
Its not a lot more than anything. The video clearly shows its just a swap, the only new thing in the character outside of the sprites is the super taken from Splode's Thanos (in which Thanos called Mephisto to summon fire-dragon-thingies). Stop trying to make this sound like more than what it is.
#9  July 31, 2020, 06:16:42 pm
    • Brazil
Its not a lot more than anything. The video clearly shows its just a swap, the only new thing in the character outside of the sprites is the super taken from Splode's Thanos (in which Thanos called Mephisto to summon fire-dragon-thingies). Stop trying to make this sound like more than what it is.

You are wrong and my character was placed unfairly in this section ...
#10  July 31, 2020, 11:24:21 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Edits go in edits, IDK what else you're expecting?
#11  August 01, 2020, 04:30:15 am
    • Brazil

You are wrong and my character was placed unfairly in this section ...

Stop pretending. You can even hear Blackheart's voice when he uses Armageddon. There is nothing really wrong with making a spriteswap (even if your sprites aren't very good), but don't act as if you did much more than swapping Blackheart's sprites with Mephisto's.
#12  August 12, 2020, 05:38:09 pm
  • Eu percebo que minha vida é uma comédia
    • Brazil
Thanks Rob! Whether it's editing, or new, old character, sprite swap ... Whatever, and it doesn't matter! Just by trying to create something good, willingly, and for some who like to collect chars, it's already very good ... Currently in the Mugen community no one is kind, everyone just screams and curses, if you don't belong to closed groups your work sucks ... in fact, sometimes it is worth not even posting anything, or making your work available on sites said to be "doubtful" because the demand here is already unbearable. vãotudosifudepai !!
#13  August 12, 2020, 06:05:28 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Thanks Rob! Whether it's editing, or new, old character, sprite swap ... Whatever, and it doesn't matter! Just by trying to create something good, willingly, and for some who like to collect chars, it's already very good ... Currently in the Mugen community no one is kind, everyone just screams and curses, if you don't belong to closed groups your work sucks ... in fact, sometimes it is worth not even posting anything, or making your work available on sites said to be "doubtful" because the demand here is already unbearable. vãotudosifudepai !!

Sorry to cut in but, while I agree in supporting people and encouraging them to make what they want, and to continue to improve -- because that's the right mindset, encouraging people to continue to learn and grow whilst celebrating the continued life of the community -- I have to say a few things. Not everyone is an asshole. Sure, there's plenty of people out there who suck, but most people are just very critical.

Even if some criticism comes off as harsh, it's still criticism and it can still be valid. For example, here, this Mephisto is just a spriteswap of Blackheart, and to most people that's really not enough to be considered a new character. It's just a previously coded character with a new coat of paint over it. And while spriteswaps can be good, if the spritework is good enough (and these Mephisto sprites aren't exactly the best but they're not that bad either, pretty decent imo), most of the time they're just not worth the high praise.

And, to claim that this is not a spriteswap when the character has the same moves, and same sounds to a degree, isn't exactly good for your reputation.

It's not being mean to call someone a bit overzealous and, to a degree, dishonest. If it's a spriteswap, admit to it. Nobody will murder you over it. But this isn't enough to be a new character, and that's a very valid criticism.
#14  August 12, 2020, 10:08:40 pm
    • Brazil

Sorry to cut in but, while I agree in supporting people and encouraging them to make what they want, and to continue to improve -- because that's the right mindset, encouraging people to continue to learn and grow whilst celebrating the continued life of the community -- I have to say a few things. Not everyone is an asshole. Sure, there's plenty of people out there who suck, but most people are just very critical.

Even if some criticism comes off as harsh, it's still criticism and it can still be valid. For example, here, this Mephisto is just a spriteswap of Blackheart, and to most people that's really not enough to be considered a new character. It's just a previously coded character with a new coat of paint over it. And while spriteswaps can be good, if the spritework is good enough (and these Mephisto sprites aren't exactly the best but they're not that bad either, pretty decent imo), most of the time they're just not worth the high praise.

And, to claim that this is not a spriteswap when the character has the same moves, and same sounds to a degree, isn't exactly good for your reputation.

It's not being mean to call someone a bit overzealous and, to a degree, dishonest. If it's a spriteswap, admit to it. Nobody will murder you over it. But this isn't enough to be a new character, and that's a very valid criticism.

Ok. But is the validity of the criticism applied to the critic or the criticized?
For example you, my friend ... Your work in using an MvC2 templante is excellent, really fantastic! And continue to evolve more and more for the good of the community, because you contribute a lot, but ...
Have you ever thought that this also looks like a kind of sprite swap? You see, don't get me wrong, it's not a demerit, not least because I love the MvC2 format, but have you tried to develop a character without the templant? You see, that one way or the other, you always need a base, a 'skeleton' for creation. As Elecbyte itself talks about using Kung fu man.
I know very little about mugen, and I make my precarious edits with what I dug into the network, and still always receiving a lot of 'constructive criticism', if not other 'constructive' forms of communication ... kkkk
 But if the person asks for help, for a code, or trigger, or the explanation of how a basic helper works, all the 'great wise critics of Mugen' disappear ... Strange don't you think?

And the old answers always come up: 'I learned Mugen alone' or 'If you can't take the pressure, get out' ... Answers that ridicule or attack, because the truth is that NO ONE WANTS TO TEACH, OR GIVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MUGEN!
But all are always 'great wise, critical masters of mugen'. Discouraged new creators and publishers, or anyone thinking about learning ...
Today the great Creators of Mugen, participate very little in the websites, and forums, prefer to stay in their private projects, or have already abandoned the hobby, which is very sad.

vãotudosifudepai !!
#15  August 12, 2020, 10:19:08 pm
  • I try to do palettes.
    • Venezuela

Ok. But is the validity of the criticism applied to the critic or the criticized?
For example you, my friend ... Your work in using an MvC2 templante is excellent, really fantastic! And continue to evolve more and more for the good of the community, because you contribute a lot, but ...
Have you ever thought that this also looks like a kind of sprite swap? You see, don't get me wrong, it's not a demerit, not least because I love the MvC2 format, but have you tried to develop a character without the templant? You see, that one way or the other, you always need a base, a 'skeleton' for creation. As Elecbyte itself talks about using Kung fu man.
I know very little about mugen, and I make my precarious edits with what I dug into the network, and still always receiving a lot of 'constructive criticism', if not other 'constructive' forms of communication ... kkkk
 But if the person asks for help, for a code, or trigger, or the explanation of how a basic helper works, all the 'great wise critics of Mugen' disappear ... Strange don't you think?

And the old answers always come up: 'I learned Mugen alone' or 'If you can't take the pressure, get out' ... Answers that ridicule or attack, because the truth is that NO ONE WANTS TO TEACH, OR GIVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT MUGEN!
But all are always 'great wise, critical masters of mugen'. Discouraged new creators and publishers, or anyone thinking about learning ...
Today the great Creators of Mugen, participate very little in the websites, and forums, prefer to stay in their private projects, or have already abandoned the hobby, which is very sad.

vãotudosifudepai !!

The thing is, and this is coming from someone that doesn't know a lot about character creation but is trying to learn, having a base to create a character is not the same as literally just replacing the sprites.

I'm working on my own version of Akuma, and even though there's hunderds of versions and I am indeed using another Akuma as a base and reference, there's a lot more work and effort to put into it than just a sprite swap.
#16  August 12, 2020, 10:56:18 pm
    • Brazil
The thing is, and this is coming from someone that doesn't know a lot about character creation but is trying to learn, having a base to create a character is not the same as literally just replacing the sprites.

I'm working on my own version of Akuma, and even though there's hunderds of versions and I am indeed using another Akuma as a base and reference, there's a lot more work and effort to put into it than just a sprite swap.
[/quote]

Congratulations my friend. And success in your creation, I hope everything goes well. But are you using an Akuma, to create another character (also called Akuma)? With extra moves and custom things ... Hmmm. It will be very cool. Who knows if I can do that too ... But, isn't that the same thing that was done with Mephisto in this first release? Using a Blackheart to create another character? Even with a different attack, and custom animations? Well ... I really wish you every success in the world, and that soon we can see your Akuma fighting around, and that the 'great wise mugen masters' have positive 'constructive criticisms'.

Vãotudosifudepai !!
#17  August 12, 2020, 11:11:22 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
#18  August 12, 2020, 11:12:32 pm
    • Brazil
But, isn't that the same thing that was done with Mephisto in this first release? Using a Blackheart to create another character? Even with a different attack, and custom animations?
No, it wasn't. Using a character as a base to change its gameplay is completely different than simply changing sprites. It literally has only one different attack (one that happens to be the same as another character, which makes it not original as well) and the custom animations and sprites, while quite ugly, aren't what is being criticized here, hell, there was no criticism directed to the act of editing characters or making spriteswaps itself. But it is a problem when you try to say you did more with a character than what you actually did, because you're trying to steal credit from the person who made the original one (which isn't something to be very proud of, since the gameplay is very bad in this case as well).

Vãotudosifudepai !!
This literally means "go all fuck yourselves, dad" (could be replaced by "dude", but that was the literal translation). So I'm just gonna report it to a mod.

I'm just hoping you're swearing to everyone in Brazilian as a joke.
Its portuguese, darling, don't let everyone else think we don't know the language our country speaks.
#19  August 12, 2020, 11:19:13 pm
    • Brazil
#20  August 12, 2020, 11:31:29 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Then clean up your routine or consider your stand up set cancelled

And don't make the mistake of thinking you can insult people in another language just because the main language is English, that is a foolish assumption to make

It goes without saying, keep it out of your profile text as well
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time