YesNoOk

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) (Read 35104 times)

Started by Vegaz_Parrelli, March 27, 2012, 05:19:33 am
Share this topic:
Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena)
#1  March 27, 2012, 05:19:33 am
  • I must continue my training...
Happy Biiiirthday to me....Happy Biiiirthday to me....Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Biiiiiirthdaaaay.... tooooo... meeeeeee! Now that's GANGSTA!  ;D It's my birthday, but guess what? I'm giving YOU a present. The man this stage was designed for needs no introduction. He is..."The Best In The World!" CM Punk was one of my favorites long before he started calling himself that. But his coolness certainly amplified afterwards With each stage I release I add something new that I've learned. I got some great support, so I can only get better. This stage takes place in an "underground arena." It's got a "strobe" light effect, parrallax, animations, a custom soundtrack(I mixed both of Punk's themes from WWE), and super jump. The concept my own, but ofcourse I gotta thank Scrollboss, POTS, RYO2005 and my partner MarkPachi(LOM Squad, ya dig!  8) ) for their respective sprite contributions. Let me know whatcha think...

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2baf5f750dc42103#cid=2BAF5F750DC42103&id=2BAF5F750DC42103%21103

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena)
#2  March 27, 2012, 06:34:18 am
  • Creative Mastermind
    • Chile
    • barbwireproductions.wordpress.com
And again. Awesome stuff. ;)
#3  March 27, 2012, 07:46:50 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Thanks!!
This is the kind of arena I was looking for!
And it fits CM Punk!! 8)

Edit: H.B. man! ;D
Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 08:54:38 pm by nedflandeurse
#4  March 27, 2012, 08:52:28 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Cool, fits CM Punk great  ;D And Happy Birthday Vegaz!!!
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#5  March 27, 2012, 12:10:52 pm
And again. Awesome stuff. ;)

What up Spider! We like family now. Lol :D

Thanks!!
This is the kind of arena I was looking for!
And it fits CM Punk!! 8)

Your welcome, my friend. Have fun making you opponents "Go to sleep!" :)
Cool, fits CM Punk great  ;D And Happy Birthday Vegaz!!!

Thanks, homie.  8)

You guys are great. I do this for y'all...and cuz I love it.   :sugoi:

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
[/quote said:
#6  March 27, 2012, 07:41:49 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Happy Belated Birthday Vegaz...I hope you made the best of it and had a great one.

Well looking at the screens alone I gotta tell you this looks nice.

I will check it out tonight and provide some feedback later.

...and yes, it certainly looks like you are getting better at this.  8)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#7  March 27, 2012, 09:00:55 pm

Happy Belated Birthday Vegaz...I hope you made the best of it and had a great one.

Well looking at the screens alone I gotta tell you this looks nice.

I will check it out tonight and provide some feedback later.

...and yes, it certainly looks like you are getting better at this.  8)

What up Max B! Thanks for the support. I know if I get the ok from you then I'm doing something ;) And you can drop the "Belated." 3/27 is actually my birthday. I just couldn't wait to release the stage(I dropped it about 10:19pm 3/26). Unless your in a much different Time Zone, in which case it might already be Wed for you. Either way, thanks. Holla back, ya dig? 8)

[/quote said:
#8  March 27, 2012, 09:15:39 pm
Sexy. Happy belated birthday.
#9  March 27, 2012, 09:41:18 pm

[/quote said:
#10  March 27, 2012, 10:26:50 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
looks nice, I will check out later. Thanks for the share.
#11  March 27, 2012, 10:34:50 pm

[/quote said:
#12  March 27, 2012, 11:37:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Happy belated birthday. ;)

The parallax is completely wrong on this stage, causing huge sliding, but more importantly, looking completely unnatural and giving a weird feeling to the stage.
Graphically, everything else feels fine. Would have been nice to have an intro with the fence falling down, à la Vega (claw) stage, but that's not mandatory. :P
#13  March 28, 2012, 04:24:01 am
Happy belated birthday. ;)

The parallax is completely wrong on this stage, causing huge sliding, but more importantly, looking completely unnatural and giving a weird feeling to the stage.
Graphically, everything else feels fine. Would have been nice to have an intro with the fence falling down, à la Vega (claw) stage, but that's not mandatory. :P
You read my mind. I knew there was something  this stage needed. I think your right about the parallax. But I may just mess with values a lil. If I do bring the cage down, how would I code it so that it does not come back up again? I have ideas that would involve using a code like that, but I'm not sure how to do it. Is it just a matter of using ridiculously large number in the animation code, so the cage doesn't lifts up back and forth.

[/quote said:
#14  March 28, 2012, 06:08:35 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
You can do it by using bgctrl, animation through the sprites or by changing the y-axis in the coding of that one sprite.

bgctrl - you can look it up at Cybaster's stage tutorial here section 7.4 BG Controllers - http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=104470.0
Also Parallax is in section 7.5 in the tutorial.

what i mean about animation through sprites is have bunch of sprites of the gate moving down. I cant really show example of this since i dont have the sprites if their is more then one sprite.

what i mean about making one sprite move down by coding is by changing the y axis in the coding example is in red the one in blue will make the animation stop for the rest of the match.

[Begin Action 1]
1,1, 0,0, 5
1,1, 0,10, 5
1,1, 0,20, 5
1,1, 0,30, 5
1,1, 0,40, 5
-1,0,0,0,-1
Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:30:54 am by xX-Nero-Xx
#15  March 28, 2012, 02:25:02 pm
You can do it by using bgctrl, animation through the sprites or by changing the y-axis in the coding of that one sprite.

bgctrl - you can look it up at Cybaster's stage tutorial here section 7.4 BG Controllers - http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=104470.0
Also Parallax is in section 7.5 in the tutorial.

what i mean about animation through sprites is have bunch of sprites of the gate moving down. I cant really show example of this since i dont have the sprites if their is more then one sprite.

what i mean about making one sprite move down by coding is by changing the y axis in the coding example is in red the one in blue will make the animation stop for the rest of the match.

[Begin Action 1]
1,1, 0,0, 5
1,1, 0,10, 5
1,1, 0,20, 5
1,1, 0,30, 5
1,1, 0,40, 5
-1,0,0,0,-1

Using -1! So I was right. I knew I should have trusted my instincts. I've used both of the bottom methods on my previous stages. But you mentioned bgctrl, that's definitely something I want to learn about. I saw it in some of POTS code, and was curious as to what it does exactly. I'll take a look at Cybasters tutorial and study sections 7.4 and 7.5. In fact I think I'll study other sections as well. That's what it's for, after all. Thanks Nero! You've come to my aid once again... 8)

[/quote said:
#16  March 28, 2012, 04:45:16 pm
  • The Black Knight ALWAYS triumphs!!!
    • Brazil
Finally a stage that looks like a arena that i could use for wrestling characters! That is for sure a great creation, i'm downloading it today. I don't know why, it reminds me of World Heroes (maybe it's because of the deathmatch arenas).

Anyway, 10/10. I love stages with a nostalgic feeling, so this one get's my DL.
Sorry about english errors. Really.
#17  March 28, 2012, 05:21:12 pm
Finally a stage that looks like a arena that i could use for wrestling characters! That is for sure a great creation, i'm downloading it today. I don't know why, it reminds me of World Heroes (maybe it's because of the deathmatch arenas).

Anyway, 10/10. I love stages with a nostalgic feeling, so this one get's my DL.

Thanks, homie! I do this for my fellow wrestling fanatics ;) If you like this stage then you should check out this website.

https://sites.google.com/site/markpachi/Downloads

Also I have a screenpack that I think you'll love. It's in the Mugen 1.0 section. Check it out, and thanks for the support 8)

[/quote said:
#18  March 29, 2012, 05:48:31 am
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
WOW! Just awesome. Please apply all the stuff you keep learning to all your other stages. I friggin love ring stages. Really quick:
You can't see the sides of the ring in Dudley's stage and I'm pretty sure the floor doesn't move.
Sagat's Dojo is an outdoor ring? Why not a ring in a dojo, like Dudley's ring-in-a-mansion?
Zangief's Ring could use some ripples and shadows in the snow that's in the ring, otherwise it's just flat white.
This is something I think all your stages have. When a char goes into the air, even for a normal jump, the screen follows way too quickly. I think that for normal jumps and normal jumping attacks the screen should stay still. When a move causes chars to rise above the normal jump height, then the screen can go as high as you like. That's just my preference.
Other than that, great work. Thanks.
#19  March 29, 2012, 02:01:59 pm
Let me start of by saying that you are one of my favorite contributors. I think we share a common interest. I will apply everything you said, except in the case of Sagat's ring. I don't plan on changing that to a dojo(although that was the initial concept), but I might change my mind. However I do plan to make a dojo stage for two of the most iconic "fighters"in all fighting games. I'll start researching material for that stage today. If an obvious "grappler" fan such as yourself approves of these stages, then I'm doing my job. Thanks for the support, "comrade!" 8)

[/quote said:
#20  March 30, 2012, 08:28:24 am
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
Well, that was unexpected. Thanks.

I mentioned the thing with Sagat's stage because of the name, Sagat's Dojo. But it could also be interpreted by the .def name, Deep in Thailand. In that case it makes total sense. But then I would make the ring look a bit dilapidated (tears in fabric, warped wood, animal feces, etc.), since it's always outside. The most iconic fighters? Ryu and ...I dunno, one of the original Mortal Kombat characters? Grappler fan? Heck yea! This stage and a few of your others are in my regular mugen.

Seanaltly made CM Punk. If he or someone equally as talented makes more wrestling characters in that style, then you should totally get together with them and make a mugen wrestling full game. Just putting that out there.