YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 954346 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16)
#401  October 02, 2022, 07:08:56 am
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#402  October 02, 2022, 02:30:21 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
As much as I hate to say this, but I kind of agree with what Mushypepito123 is saying. I think I may have a theory why Fighter Factory Studio is broken. The problem is that FFS requires installation. It doesn't work out the zip file right away as there is an Installer.exe you have to run first after it is extracted. And even if you uninstall it, assets of the program can still remain so it will never be a fresh clean reinstall. The only way I can think of is to format and reinstall my entire PC, but that won't guarantee it will stop working again. So I will not take the risk to do that just for one program.

Fighter Factory 3 on the other hand doesn't and has all of the required files in the zip already, so you can simply extract it in an empty folder and run the exe without any loops. You can even delete the whole folder and nothing remains, so it can simply be installed from scratch again in case something is wrong with it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#403  October 02, 2022, 04:30:40 pm
  • 하나뿐인 한국인 대표
  • Ambassador of MugenRevival
    • South Korea
    • sites.google.com/view/kolossoni-mugen
Studio is just too ambitious for its own good. Trying to skip a decade worth of halted development and squeeze it into a few years. They should've released FF4 as a small upagrade from 3 and continue from there. 3 to Studio was too big of a jump.

It was way worse though. I remember when an update notice would keep pop up and when you actually try to update, it would fail, causing you to restart the bloody thing with the notice popping up again.
#404  October 03, 2022, 05:10:59 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
As much as I hate to say this, but I kind of agree with what Mushypepito123 is saying. I think I may have a theory why Fighter Factory Studio is broken. The problem is that FFS requires installation. It doesn't work out the zip file right away as there is an Installer.exe you have to run first after it is extracted. And even if you uninstall it, assets of the program can still remain so it will never be a fresh clean reinstall. The only way I can think of is to format and reinstall my entire PC, but that won't guarantee it will stop working again. So I will not take the risk to do that just for one program.

That's not correct. Studio installs itself to the specified location and attempts to install a version of the VC++ redists. It stores configuration data in one of the AppData subfolders. Uninstalling the program deletes the files from the install location; if it doesn't, you can manually delete them along with the associated AppData sub-subfolder.

When updating, I recommend getting the installer yourself instead of letting Studio do it.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#405  October 04, 2022, 02:55:17 am
    • USA
ok so i just got one question can some one do a mugen version of mazinkiser or not its ok
#406  October 04, 2022, 03:50:09 am
    • USA
That's not correct. Studio installs itself to the specified location and attempts to install a version of the VC++ redists. It stores configuration data in one of the AppData subfolders. Uninstalling the program deletes the files from the install location; if it doesn't, you can manually delete them along with the associated AppData sub-subfolder.

When updating, I recommend getting the installer yourself instead of letting Studio do it.
Yeah, but even after the reinstallation, it would still not run and kept closing without errors as seen on the Task Manager. However, your post helped me fix the issue I had and here's how I done it:

After uninstalling Fighter Factory Studio and taking a looking at AppData subfolder like you said, there is still a folder of it with 4 xml files (config, history, mugen_config and shortcuts). Once I deleted them and reinstalling it, the program now opens and works again. So all this time, buggy configuration data files were left over that weren't properly removed after uninstalling and was preventing the program from opening after reinstallation. No one ever mentioned something that technical when I asked for help months ago. Even Fighter Factory 3 never installed anything on the AppData subfolder as everything to get it to run was all in the zip.

Now I can finally go back to using the Image Editor again as I find it more refined than FF3's version as I can view the sprites through other palettes and switch to different character tabs. But I will still use GIMP for making small portraits as OHMSBY said, it is much better with the use of layers.
#407  October 04, 2022, 06:23:22 am
  • Ryoga
    • Brazil
    • www.vgbr.com/forum
I hope someday a opensource version for this app for GNU/Linux.
Spoiler: Not Safe For Work (click to see content)
#408  October 23, 2022, 02:55:07 am
  • Working on MUGEN characters, 24/7.
    • Australia
Version 3.7.2 was just released.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The bug stopping the program from launching should be fixed now. There is also a portable version available.
#409  October 23, 2022, 06:25:37 am
    • USA
Even though I finally got it working on my PC weeks ago, it's nice to see it fixed for real this time so no more technical loops to go though just for that. The portable version is also a welcome addition too, so it should guaranteed work since it shouldn't access the AppData subfolder.

Now with that out of the way, it would actually be interesting to see this get supported for Steam Deck. Should be possible as there's a native Linux version available.
#410  October 23, 2022, 01:24:12 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
I doubt there's enough users on Steam Deck editing Mugen Chars to take focus away from the major issues on Windows. I'm pretty sure that would just be another source of headaches.

Just installed the portable version on my laptop. Opened up just fine. Testing it out now.

----
But honestly the scroll wheel problem is still there so idk how much I'll be using it. Latching IN to the closest box and adjusting the values with the scroll wheel is terrible imho. Randomly changing the position of sprites, the groups, it's crazy.

SO. Not in the last forever of editing Mugen characters with Fighter Factory have I ever used the scroll wheel to adjust values. The option is in FF3. I had NO clue because there's never been a scroll bar in the Animation's Editor area. Scrolling down with the mouse button, then having the pointer cross the threshold of a value box to then stop scrolling down to adjust the value is extremely frustrating.

Has anyone used the scroll wheel to adjust the values in the animation editor panel?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
Last Edit: October 23, 2022, 01:45:01 pm by Odb718
#411  October 24, 2022, 04:43:18 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭

Just a quick question: Does the lastest version of FF support Rotation?

Is annoying to write the animation whenever need a full rotation of a PNG for a stage, so looking for shortcuts, like copy paste
#412  October 24, 2022, 11:27:58 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Studio properly supports displaying rotation and interpolation, yes.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#413  October 29, 2022, 06:56:25 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
For some reason, FFS won't download the application. Windows says unspecified error 0x80004005 for the portable version.
#414  October 29, 2022, 11:08:34 pm
    • Dominica
Why doesn't Studio open for me when I select it? It used to open but now when I double click nothing happens. Can you tell me why this happens?

cause this version of Fighter Factory is the most disgraceful shit ever given to us by VirtualTek, I can't even open it no matter how hard I try.

Use fighter factory 3

im still using mugen character maker for my amaZing chars it goes superb dont need to use some fancy or advanced shit
#415  October 29, 2022, 11:24:53 pm
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
#416  October 29, 2022, 11:53:01 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA
#417  October 30, 2022, 04:13:07 am
  • Plays Gacha & JRPG
  • Yatteyaruze!
    • Malaysia
im still using mugen character maker for my amaZing chars it goes superb dont need to use some fancy or advanced shit

Mugen Character Maker? Never heard of it. Anyway, I got a problem with a FFS. Whenever I open the program, the display pitch black, this happen after I increased the RAM of my laptop to 8GB. However, I still have a Fighter Factory 3 which is work properly.
#418  February 21, 2023, 07:02:44 pm
  • Stages & Screen Pack
  • Mugen Creator
    • USA
    • https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/

.Dont know what to do.. turn out that fighter factory 3.7.2 having a issue with the font on my Samsung Gaming Smart TV 4K resolution
.I tried  going to my display setting and changing the percentage wont lower the font on the New Fighter Factory Studios 3.7.2
IF ANYONE HAVE ANYIDEA HOW TO FIX THIS PLEASE HELP ME ASAP  :jackie:
Join My JUSMUGEN Community.
https://jusmugen.forumotion.com/
#419  July 09, 2023, 05:29:12 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
From developer Patreon Post:

Hello guys!

Finally, I'm releasing version 3.7.3 that brings a lot of bug fixes (all known issues were fixed) and improvements, alongside a new feature: audio editing in Sounds editor.

Global changes:

Updated Qt on all platforms (including Qt4 and Qt5 variants) and removed DirectX 11 dependency on Windows;
Updated Dark and Light styles to use HiDPI images;
Added two new iconsets (Flat-Dark and Flat-Light) and a new Colorset (Monokai by Jesuszilla);
Made changes to avoid multiple consecutive error dialogs while using the "Test in engine" function;
Fixed the program crashing after closing a tab (when multiple tabs are open);
Fixed the crash happening after Applying settings and closing Options window;
Fixed multiple random crashes happening while editing sprites and sounds;
Fixed a typo in the message displayed while trying to run two engine instances at same time;
Fixed a bug where after editing a sprite, navigating to another and choosing to discard the changes, the selection slider moves one more position;
Fixed the option 'Switch to the frame's sprite' resetting upon applying settings;
Fixed a crash when trying to cancel adding new sounds by closing the "Add" dialog;
Fixed icons not showing for Quick search functionality;
Fixed auto save progress notification not going away for text files;
Fixed file modification watcher not working after the file has been saved;
Fixed the file tab not updating correctly after saving the file;
Fixed a bug in the colors list in Options where using keyboard to change the selection doesn't update the color state;
Fixed a bug in quick search on non-text editors (jumping to the next element while opening or closing the search box);
Fixed a bug where replacing a sound/sprite from 'Import from another Project' doesn't count and the interface isn't updated;
Some toggle states are saved properly now (contact boxes, guides, ruler, axes);
Added support for opening files with any extension in Commands and States editors;
Added support for using the Numpad Enter key for quick search;
Added the ability to move the cursor position on Sound editor to start playing from that sample;
Implemented sample range selection on Sound editor;
Implemented some basic Sound editing functions (Remove selected, Fill silence, Fade in, Fade out, Cut, Copy and Paste);
Implemented some Audio editing tools (Move selected and resize samples);
Implemented the Pause function on Sound editor.

M.U.G.E.N. related changes:

Fixed a crash that may happen in rare conditions while editing sprites/sounds and auto save is running;
Fixed the crash happening sometimes when you type in an out of bounds var index;
Fixed a bug in the animation creation feature of the Throw Creator;
Fixed the crash that happens while switching from/to var list mode on States editor;
Fixed a crash while opening a project that contains both mugenversion tied to Win/DOS M.U.G.E.N and localcoord;
Fixed the Emulator crashing if some State has more than 128 trigger lines;
Fixed a bug preventing some old SFF v1 files from opening;
Added VictoryQuote to the SCtrls template list.
This is probably the most stable Fighter Factory build to date!

Sorry for the long delay (this should been released in February). But the wait worth the effort, as all crashes are fixed (big thanks to Jesuszilla for the great information provided about many issues).

Also, the new website is online too. MUGENext 0.1.0 Beta is the next release as soon as I finish some platform specific stuff.

I hope you guys enjoy. Thanks to everyone supporting us. Have fun!
DOWNLOAD: https://virtualltek.com/download/
#420  July 09, 2023, 08:18:08 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
So I've downloaded the Portable version for windows. I'm on Win 10. I extract the rar, go into \Fighter Factory Studio\x64, double click ffs.exe and it pops up an error. It cant load the configuration file.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv