YesNoOk

What makes you take characters OUT of your MUGEN? (Read 260074 times)

Started by GrimeDoc, April 13, 2021, 02:08:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: What makes you take characters OUT of your MUGEN?
#21  May 09, 2021, 06:19:31 am
  • Snek Friend
    • USA
    • coffeeflavoredmilk.neocities.org/
For me the only breaking point is if it crashes my MUGEN with no real point of return.

Recently there was a DOS MUGEN character I tried my hardest to convert to 1.1 but there was too much outdated code that it simply wasn't worth trying to fix it.

I mainly keep most stuff in the roster, I'm one of those 'character hoarders' that puts literally anything into my roster regardless of quality, but again crashing MUGEN like mentioned above is where I draw the line.
#22  September 07, 2021, 03:08:47 am
  • Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
    • USA
Any character that I am not a big fan to fight against anymore. I want to take out all megaman characters except roll and megaman. All guitly gear characters, anime characters, characters that don't match roster theme and all NSFW characters. Characters that crash my mugen like SFV Menat. Characters with cheap Ai. Also characters that have few sprites that you can't even salvage for even a coder like the new Harley Quinn version.
Your Successor in Netherrealm Service!!!
#23  September 10, 2021, 10:27:20 pm
  • The Forsaken Warrior
  • Let us grieve existence, together.
    • Mexico
I only tend to take out a character of my roster if it has any of the following problems

-Crashes the game randomly
-Is badly coded and has awful hitboxes
-Doesn't have a throw(This greatly annoys me for some reason)
-Is a JUS type character
-Way to overpowered in terms of gameplay
#24  September 10, 2021, 11:15:47 pm
  • I'm trapped in my own personal hell.
  • I'm going to kill myself.
    • USA
I only tend to take out a character of my roster if it has any of the following problems

-Crashes the game randomly
-Is badly coded and has awful hitboxes
-Doesn't have a throw(This greatly annoys me for some reason)
-Is a JUS type character
-Way to overpowered in terms of gameplay

ME
#25  October 04, 2021, 11:28:39 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I agree with most of opinions here. Characters with unfair (not necessarily cheap, mostly unwinnable by normal fight) AI are a no-no for me. Also bad coded chars (some of them even makes me remake them) and overpowered chars/bosses (not necessarily with AI included) also can be taken out of my roster. And... certain creators are also a no-no, no matter how their chars improved (or not), I got blacklisted some creators out there that I won't download their creations, even if they won a COTM here or elsewhere

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#26  October 05, 2021, 09:02:05 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Characters that lack AI no matter how well coded until a decent patch gets released, poorly coded characters, Cheap AI, gimmick/joke characters and NSFW
#27  October 06, 2021, 09:07:33 pm
  • Every journey has it's final day, don't rush.
    • USA
I rarely remove characters from my roster mainly in case I want to do a survival run out of boredom. However, I do tend to remove characters from my roster if the character,

- crashes the game
- gets stuck/freezes in the middle of a fight a lot
- is purposefully overpowered and has overbloated stats such as Gulthor's Sephiroth