YesNoOk

command line tool to export and generate SFF files? (Read 1373 times)

Started by K4thos, December 13, 2016, 10:57:34 am
Share this topic:
command line tool to export and generate SFF files?
#1  December 13, 2016, 10:57:34 am
As in the title I'm looking for a way to export all sprites in SFF file into PCX+TXT (with group, number, X, Y data) and than generate a new SFF file using data stored in TXT file and images. All via command line.

In past sff2pcx.exe and sprmaker.exe were you used for this purpose but they don't seem to work on 64-bit windows systems anymore from what I have tested (so these are probably 16-bit applications). Any other equivalents? It's crucial to work from within command line so any GUI SFF processing like Fighter Factory is not an option (unless it supports command line - in such case I need some reference)

Thanks in advance.

edit: silly me, just found that there are newer versions of these 2 tools in mugen 1.1 directory.
Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 11:05:33 am by K4thos
Re: command line tool to export and generate SFF files?
#2  December 14, 2016, 05:48:17 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If you're using 1.0 the new tools from elecbyte should do that. Can i ask why it has to be command line? Fighter Factory, all 3 versions. Have the ability to export the files as images and creates a .ffd file to set up the image numbers and axis etc. It works fine. FF will also export the file back in.

It won't work between versions though iirc. If you load something in FFC you can't export in with FF3, you're version specific. But as FF3 will load everything that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.