YesNoOk

FeLo & Co (Read 605944 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, April 04, 2010, 03:30:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: FeLo & Co
#521  January 29, 2022, 04:23:38 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Demitri would indeed be great, though I think you're better off using the CFJ sprite set. It's a tad taller than the original Darkstalkers sprites, and honestly, I feel SvC ruined the cartoony appeal that Demitri had in Darkstalkers by making him way edgier looking. In case you feel CFJ is still a bit too short, I think you can get away with stretching up the sprites a slight bit.

Shit
#522  January 29, 2022, 07:18:16 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Thanks goes to KarmaCharizard, who is arming the .sff for future plans.
I thought she got released sprites or SFF instead of directly used for a character. I would like to see her more as in SS than CvS. However, I loved how smooth are the sprites, another superb job I must say ;)

And a question, who from SvC must be converted after Shiki? I'll put here the list who haven't been converted yet:
Apart of the obvious choice (Demitri), I say Earthquake. Firebrand/Red Arremer was my next option, but was already converted (I think for Dampir too)... and I agree that Kasumi wasn't converted, it was bad converted, so I say she could make it too

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#523  January 29, 2022, 11:38:55 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Oh wow. PotS in my topic and is alive! Bem-vindo!!

Demitri would indeed be great, though I think you're better off using the CFJ sprite set. It's a tad taller than the original Darkstalkers sprites, and honestly, I feel SvC ruined the cartoony appeal that Demitri had in Darkstalkers by making him way edgier looking. In case you feel CFJ is still a bit too short, I think you can get away with stretching up the sprites a slight bit.

Tried stretching them a bit and the result is even edgier. They also become a mess to clean, making SvC the best option for him. And as Li_Kun(who was my spriting teacher long ago and he's one of the greatest guys you'll ever met in mugen) did Morrigan, think that Demitri is the obvious reason. I'd love to see a revamped Felicia or Donovan. Hell, in fact everyone from DS would be awesome!

Thanks goes to KarmaCharizard, who is arming the .sff for future plans.
I thought she got released sprites or SFF instead of directly used for a character. I would like to see her more as in SS than CvS. However, I loved how smooth are the sprites, another superb job I must say ;)

And a question, who from SvC must be converted after Shiki? I'll put here the list who haven't been converted yet:
Apart of the obvious choice (Demitri), I say Earthquake. Firebrand/Red Arremer was my next option, but was already converted (I think for Dampir too)... and I agree that Kasumi wasn't converted, it was bad converted, so I say she could make it too

Once the sprites are released, I don't mind if someone wants to do a SamSho version for her. They'll be free for everyone to use :) ! Also, I don't think Dampir did Earthquake or Firebrand.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#524  January 30, 2022, 01:47:30 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
If you do end up doing Demitri, it does also open up the door for someone to later also do Dee a bit more easily in this style which would be a huge timesaver for either yourself or future creators who take up the reigns.

I am curious, would you be spriting in all those fire effects or just leave it as a separate thing like here where it seems to just be an effect behind?

[source: DieGolosO on DeviantArt]
#525  January 30, 2022, 06:36:59 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
In case you do go for SvC Demitri, would you be willing to make him feel closer to how he did in Darkstalkers? I say the Ohgaki version of Demitri was an ideal take on making SvC Demitri feel closer to his Darkstalkers counterpart, so I think that would be a good point of refernece to take a look at.

Shit
#526  February 02, 2022, 12:26:48 am
In case you do go for SvC Demitri, would you be willing to make him feel closer to how he did in Darkstalkers? I say the Ohgaki version of Demitri was an ideal take on making SvC Demitri feel closer to his Darkstalkers counterpart, so I think that would be a good point of refernece to take a look at.

Yes, It would be more than awesome to make Demitri closer to his DS counterpart. In case he's decide to be next I'll be doing basic stuff(walk, gethits, etc) and once getting to something deeper and having a more complete sheet, I'll talk to Ohgaki for at least showing I'm doing it(as I did with Shiki to add a kick he did).

If you do end up doing Demitri, it does also open up the door for someone to later also do Dee a bit more easily in this style which would be a huge timesaver for either yourself or future creators who take up the reigns.

I am curious, would you be spriting in all those fire effects or just leave it as a separate thing like here where it seems to just be an effect behind?

[source: DieGolosO on DeviantArt]

Believe or not, but Dee was indeed an option. More than a headswap to Demitri, I had certain things in mind, but unluckily, is something never saw the light of day.

Also, I'm a bit blocked with Shiki. Her misc stuff is repetitive so I'm making a giant bmp to put the attacks and etc, so I force myself to going through like this. BUT more important is that I kinda started SOMETHING 3 weeks ago and I'm kinda excited of how it could end! I'm taking references of the game origin this game comes from(and NOT a fighting game), drawing in paper and scanning(crazy! doesn't it?) and imagining how he moveset could be. I'd like to share who this character is, but I prefer to say a word once things are more developed. And no, I haven't forgot about Ash heheheheh.

#527  February 11, 2022, 12:14:52 am
Hi there!! So it's decided!! After Shiki, next from SvC to be converted is Kasumi Todoh!!!

Why? Some years ago, Falcon Rapper converted her in a good way, so most of the work is done. He even CSed her!!! Also, she's placed next to Shiki in SvC and...may that hints that they're team?(See: Kim-Choi; Terry-Mai, etc). Found this detail fun enough to step it!

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/cvs-kasumi-todoh-potsinfinite-falcon-rapper-180206.0.html

Then I noticed there were some mistakes. MINOR mistakes. He skipped some frames in certain animations. He copy-pasted the same face/head time over time. So, that's the main point for the choice. I think Kasumi deserves some justice here, even if are these small details. Of course, i don't want to offend FaLcon, just to improve a bit his work.

Some changes I did here(yes, this animated gif is the one I did):

- Her leg leg, in te calf area, adding a more straight line, so the hakama's "fold" seems that.
- Inner area, around the crotch and up to the bottom of the hakama: Now it's darker. I noticed that Falcon did this area clearer than expected while both Geese and Ryuhaku in CvS have this darkened.
- Fixed the general muscles in the arm. But once animated(thanks, Karma!) I saw I screwed it up too.
- Added extra light in the forearm armour.
- Added some "reflection" in the ponytail(upper area) and some small details in head
- Fixed the tobi(socks)

Once I saw this animated, I fell that there were extra stuff to do, so I fixed the inner chest area(skin under the dogi), Also fixed her face too. Now it's a bit more round than square-ish. And added the chest armor.

By the moment, don't forget to DL Falcon's version!! Is pretty fun to play as!!

What new stuff would I add? NEW? A small CS for adding the chest armour she has in AoF.
Would you add stuff from AoF? I've never played that game, even I read that it feels like a 2D Tekken, so that's a WINNER for me. I don't know the differences between AoF and KoF's Kasumi, so if someone wants to enlight me or showing forgotten stuff, I'm open to it :) !!

Have a nice day!!

EDIT: I forgot!! I saw some stuff to be improved in Shiki, so I extended the fix to...THE FACE. So that's fixed in the final version too!
Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 12:18:06 am by FeLo_Llop
#528  February 11, 2022, 12:19:27 am
    • USA
Hi there!! So it's decided!! After Shiki, next from SvC to be converted is Kasumi Todoh!!!

Why? Some years ago, Falcon Rapper converted her in a good way, so most of the work is done. He even CSed her!!! Also, she's placed next to Shiki in SvC and...may that hints that they're team?(See: Kim-Choi; Terry-Mai, etc). Found this detail fun enough to step it!

https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/cvs-kasumi-todoh-potsinfinite-falcon-rapper-180206.0.html

Then I noticed there were some mistakes. MINOR mistakes. He skipped some frames in certain animations. He copy-pasted the same face/head time over time. So, that's the main point for the choice. I think Kasumi deserves some justice here, even if are these small details. Of course, i don't want to offend FaLcon, just to improve a bit his work.

Some changes I did here(yes, this animated gif is the one I did):

- Her leg leg, in te calf area, adding a more straight line, so the hakama's "fold" seems that.
- Inner area, around the crotch and up to the bottom of the hakama: Now it's darker. I noticed that Falcon did this area clearer than expected while both Geese and Ryuhaku in CvS have this darkened.
- Fixed the general muscles in the arm. But once animated(thanks, Karma!) I saw I screwed it up too.
- Added extra light in the forearm armour.
- Added some "reflection" in the ponytail(upper area) and some small details in head
- Fixed the tobi(socks)

Once I saw this animated, I fell that there were extra stuff to do, so I fixed the inner chest area(skin under the dogi), Also fixed her face too. Now it's a bit more round than square-ish. And added the chest armor.

By the moment, don't forget to DL Falcon's version!! Is pretty fun to play as!!

What new stuff would I add? NEW? A small CS for adding the chest armour she has in AoF.
Would you add stuff from AoF? I've never played that game, even I read that it feels like a 2D Tekken, so that's a WINNER for me. I don't know the differences between AoF and KoF's Kasumi, so if someone wants to enlight me or showing forgotten stuff, I'm open to it :) !!

Have a nice day!!

EDIT: I forgot!! I saw some stuff to be improved in Shiki, so I extended the fix to...THE FACE. So that's fixed in the final version too!

she has some different animations in her normal and her Kasana Ate super in the beginning, and also some exclusive win poses where she reads engrish from a book and speaks it
#529  February 11, 2022, 01:42:54 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
OMG, you're really gonna update Kasumi! :joyful

Improving the spriteset by Falcon Rapper is a wise choice, indeed. Cuz while it lacks some polishment here and there, he did a pretty good work on her overall. :)

EDIT: In regards to Kasumi and design consitency, there are a few details that are small, but maybe worth to keep an eye on; in particular, there are a few more differences between her AoF/KOF '96 and KOF '99-onwards appearances.

Besides the ponytail and removal of the chest armor, she also has:

• additional armor for the gloves.
  • the dark-blue clothing under the kimono not visible anymore.
  • some size differences between the sleeves, and the belt area.

Her appearance during Ryuhaku's CvS2 intro and winpose is actually kind of a unique thing altogether, designwise. She has most of the later details from KOF '99, but looking quite younger, and for some reason having the gloves from the previous AoF3 design.

Anyway, this is all just food for thought. :P
Whichever direction you wanna go for Kasumi, I'm sure the result will look really awesome! :2thumbsup:
Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 02:44:28 am by NDSilva
#530  February 11, 2022, 04:49:32 am
    • Chile
Your work, as always, is more than wonderful. I want to see these sets finished already :)
#531  February 11, 2022, 10:12:13 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#532  February 12, 2022, 12:23:18 pm
Thanks for the kind words, people!!
she has some different animations in her normal and her Kasana Ate super in the beginning, and also some exclusive win poses where she reads engrish from a book and speaks it

I didn't know! I'll take this too.

I think I'll keep as in CvS2. It's a simple design and it merges some elements of both versions. If not, i could turn crazy ahahahah

Your work, as always, is more than wonderful. I want to see these sets finished already :)

Gracias man! I expect to show something somewhere near in time. Maybe not Kasumi related @o@

My friend, the result is very good!
I can see the elements you updated and I'm sure the full spriteset upgrade will make the character outstanding!

I hope I can do justice to her too!! Thanks for the words!

----------------------

Well, currently I DLed and changed the palete to both 96 and 98/SvC versions so I can check what's missing and/or changed. I have a lot of work. Buuut! Up to a challenge!!

Thanks man!

#533  February 12, 2022, 12:23:48 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Regarding her design, I think CvS2/KOF99 is a lot cleaner than the alternatives.

Also I think her left foot (our right) should be a pixel or two higher in your stance animation.

Good luck with this.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#534  February 12, 2022, 02:21:54 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
Regarding her design, I think CvS2/KOF99 is a lot cleaner than the alternatives.

Also I think her left foot (our right) should be a pixel or two higher in your stance animation.

Good luck with this.

Oh, good eye!
Yes, this foot can be one piwel higher

About design. I prefer the version with ponny tail. even if long hair is nice too...
If chest armor is possible via CS, no problem, but I prefr the version without. (personal taste)
#535  February 12, 2022, 02:32:47 pm

Good luck with this.

Yes...getting one or two pixels above the foot would be perfect but...it's a lo of work, since it has to change in every sprite. Also, SHARE THAT FOLDER, WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WERE COOKING! hahahahah

About design. I prefer the version with ponny tail. even if long hair is nice too...
If chest armor is possible via CS, no problem, but I prefr the version without. (personal taste)

I'll keep ponytail, personal taste too :)! Don't worry about chest armor, as AoF's version is secondary, the main spriting will be done with her 96 and onwards :)

Small show, to compare:

First is Falcon's. As you can see, I've changed the face, inner chest(cleavage area), added the chest armor and...those multiple folds in the hakama. I've fixed some details he forgot to put, so...

Have a nice day!
#536  February 12, 2022, 04:08:49 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
It looks perfect. :datass:
And yeah, I personally prefer the design from KOF'99/SvC, as well.

Again, thank you so much for doing this! :sweetheart:
Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 07:25:08 pm by NDSilva
#537  February 12, 2022, 04:59:39 pm
  • A.K.A. NED

Good luck with this.

Yes...getting one or two pixels above the foot would be perfect but...it's a lo of work, since it has to change in every sprite. Also, SHARE THAT FOLDER, WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU WERE COOKING! hahahahah

I'll keep ponytail, personal taste too :)! Don't worry about chest armor, as AoF's version is secondary, the main spriting will be done with her 96 and onwards :)

Small show, to compare:

First is Falcon's. As you can see, I've changed the face, inner chest(cleavage area), added the chest armor and...those multiple folds in the hakama. I've fixed some details he forgot to put, so...

Have a nice day!

Great!!
I'm very excited by the project, aprticularly because, this time, the character is already coded! :)
#538  February 13, 2022, 03:34:08 am
well, I had to take a decission. Most of hakama's sprites were a small mess and I don't understand why CSed sleeves. So this mostly brought me to the choice of, LET'S FRANKENSPRITE. What? Yes, frankensprite. I love how Falcon Rapper did certain stuff, but the hakama, being honest, is a small mess. So I'll be copy pasting SvC's hakama into his version with the needed fixes, of course.
Also, as I erased the CSed sleeves, that green colour now goes to the forearm, so newer variations can come out of it!
OLD -------------------NEW

So you can see the current CS she now has.

Have a nice day!!

PS: Yes, once I posted it here, I noticed there was a frame with white eyes and a missing line in one sleeve, which is now fixed, so don't worry.

Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 12:54:06 pm by FeLo_Llop
#539  February 13, 2022, 02:01:57 pm
I honestly think you should keep the hakama from the previous version since it's accurate to CvS, at least much more than the version you have. Not sure why you had to change it, you're changing its light source too and for no good reason. Instead of just fixing the hakama from SvC, keep references from the original CvS spriteset of Todoh and adjust what you already have. No sense in over-complicating stuff.
#540  February 13, 2022, 10:42:31 pm
  • From the Republic of the Little Bananas
    • Brazil