YesNoOk

KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Akira (Read 621833 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, April 21, 2019, 02:40:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Updates and more?
#261  November 04, 2020, 11:50:08 am
  • Indeed
Yay! Can't wait to see what you'll do with Jedah!
#262  November 05, 2020, 01:36:01 am
  • The Vo-Cool-oid
  • Do you want to listen to the waves?
    • USA
He who is brave is free! - Lucius Annaeus Seneca
#263  November 05, 2020, 05:11:36 am
  • Was it something I said?
By a very small edge, Jedah won over Shiki!

"Before the final vote was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung Shiki to the future, where my victory was assured!"
"Now, the girl seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Jedah!"

In all seriousness, I'm excited to see what you bring to the table with Jedah!
#264  November 08, 2020, 04:42:08 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Heyo. I've been working a lot on Rasetsumaru as of late. I finished the skeleton of all of his specials this dawn. I'll make the visual fine tuning once I get quality sound rips from SSVSP, but I wanted to give you people a sneak pick of how he plays.

While Haohmaru is an honest samurai that requires precise positioning to poke and whiff punish, Rasetsumaru is an aggressive demon that thrives for the opportunity of getting in and doing short but dangerous combos. In exchange, his mixup potential is rather weak due to the absence of comboable overheads, and his anti-air options are very limited and unsafe.

Rasetsumaru has a nice set of interactions whiting his specials. After connecting a cancelable normal, he has four different combo paths:

1) Gou Ha Path: the chad damaging meterless combo.

Just like in source, Shoulder is the cornerstone of Rasetsumaru's offense. On block, Light is -3, Medium is -4, and Strong is -5. At max range, all of them are safe (at some distances they're even plus). On hit, you can juggle after to sneak a Fierce Slash for a good chunk of damage but short knock down time.

2) Nagi Yaiba Path: the virgin middle meterless combo.

This is might be the most inefficient follow up, but can be useful on block if guess a response from the opponent. If you try to special cancel from crouching forward the pushback will probably make it whiff. The knock down time is 91 frames, nice but not good enough.

3) Senpuu Ha Path: the thad baby meterless combo.

Pocket Sand makes a comeback as a 3 hit projectile with a rather nice hitbox. The move itself is very unsafe, as its -12 on block, and you can only combo into the Light variant. The damage is really low but the knock down time is just what you need. While the damage on shoulder path is way higher, your oki options are limited to 16 brief frames. Meanwhile, this path gives you 106 frames of knock down to do whatever you want. This is when Shitatari hits the playing field. Shitatari is a self cut move where you lose 20% of your maximum life in exchange of an entire stock of meter. The animation its freaking 96 frames long, making it virtually suicide when used in neutral. However, you can safely cut yourself after Senpuu Ha because of the long knock down time. Why would you need the meter? Well...

4) EX Senpuu Ha Path: the lad meter combo that fucks you over.

Rasetsumaru made his first official appearance on SSV, but his spirit lived since SSIII in the form of Haohmaru's Bust/Rasetsu moveset. In this game, Pocket Sand is an incredible special: its very quick, its an overhead, it doesn't knock down, and its plus on hit. This leads to an infamous infinite loop that makes Bust Haohmaru the best character in the game.
EX Senpuu Ha pays homage to Rasetsu's SSIII tyranny by being a +10 on hit/block that doesn't knock down. This means that after hitting EX Pocket Sands you are virtually free to do whatever you want. You can confirm a super cancelable normal, you can shoulder for a damaging combo, and depending on the pushback distance, you can even confirm a special cancel for a second round of EX Pocket Sands. This makes Rasetsumaru a genuine threat when he as meter, which makes the less damage path an important option to have in mind.

Playing Rasetsumaru will require good footsies to whiff punish properly, and quick reads on the game state to determine what is the most efficient way to combo. This will make him a fun to play hard to master character :)

I might make an in deep guide on Rasetsumaru close to the release, and might aswel do it for my other characters.
#265  November 08, 2020, 05:48:16 pm
You are so good  at teasing your char
I can t wait
But take your Time and have a nice day
#266  November 15, 2020, 04:59:39 am
I can imagine your Jedah having two modes base from Vampire Savior series and Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite(since there are edits sprites for him)  :truestory:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#267  November 15, 2020, 02:32:46 pm
    • Germany
#268  November 30, 2020, 03:23:27 pm
    • Germany
Okay, now that I'm done with Haohmaru the natural follow up would be to finally start updating Genjuro. However, since Jedah is supposed to be a way for me to say thank you to the community, I was thinking on gifting him on a Christmas release. This would only leave me 25 days. I don't enjoy deadlines, so I can't promise anything, but I think its doable.

My idea is to please everyone with this one and add an option on the config file to change from VS accurate to  POTS CvSesque gameplay (yes, with Power Charge and dodge). This would not be a mere on/off toggle for the mechanics; Morrigan CvS2 velocities are differenr to VS ones, so I'll have to study deeply how to convert Jedah properly. It will be a challenge, and I'm up to it.

Today I'll start assembling the .sff with CFJ sprites. I'll also check VS for any missing anim
#269  December 02, 2020, 01:59:58 pm
Take your Time
It is sure that It will be a Good present for christmas
But just sharing your (excellent) char and playing with them is a real pleasure
So thank you dont rush enjoy the present
And once again thank you
#270  December 04, 2020, 04:39:24 am
    • Brazil
Can’t wait for Jedah, definitely already one of the most awaited christmas gifts for me!
Thanks for sharing your great characters with us, always demonstrating quality and passion in them
Re: KarmaCharmeleon's WIP thread: Ash Crimson
#271  January 09, 2021, 04:20:36 am
    • Germany
Hey people, I've been working on Ash as of late. Could you guys help me out with some Palettes?

Palette Template

CvS2
#272  January 09, 2021, 04:46:36 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Oh my god that's gorgeous. Love Ash. <3

I'll try and come up with something.
#273  January 09, 2021, 05:06:44 am
  • Self-Sufficient Subhuman
  • "I hope you're ready for a beating!"
    • USA
Attempted a palette based on Remy. Lil' rough but, I think it's decent? What do you guys think?

#274  January 09, 2021, 06:11:40 am
  • Guilty Gear XRD Rev Mugen Stages
  • We live in a society
    • Dominica

Well, here is Iori Yagami
#275  January 09, 2021, 06:33:44 am
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com

thought i'd throw my hat in the ring, here's saiki, based on his artwork, cause his sprite is more white colored focused than his artwork
#276  January 09, 2021, 11:08:44 am
    • Germany
#277  January 09, 2021, 01:35:46 pm
    • USA

- KOFXIII
- Dark Ash KOFXIII
*New Site* (W.I.P)
(Willing to host creations, just hit me up!)
https://cozysquirtlemugen.weebly.com/
#278  January 09, 2021, 01:42:31 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Heavily based on 087-b's Remy.

I did some purple themed one.

I'm not the biggest fan of Ash, as a French, I feel he's nothing like a french character.
But the result of what you do is great!!
And I like to support good projects like yours.

Thanks for the video, it looks pretty good right now.
#279  January 09, 2021, 01:46:01 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Nice to hear about Ash, but is Jedah okay? I'm surprised nobody's asked that yet. You haven't mentioned anything on him since the holidays and I'm hyped for him aswell as this lad.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#280  January 09, 2021, 03:19:28 pm
    • Germany
Those are some nice palettes.

The glow on the Dark Ash one looks amazing!

Loved the harmony of the colors, good job Ned.

Nice to hear about Ash, but is Jedah okay? I'm surprised nobody's asked that yet. You haven't mentioned anything on him since the holidays and I'm hyped for him aswell as this lad.
He's on hold atm. December was extremely busy, but I've managed to assemble the whole .sff and most of the .air file. He is tricky and he has a lot of things going on. Not sure when I'll resume progress on him.