YesNoOk

Them's Fightin' Herds (Read 67303 times)

Started by Person Man, September 21, 2015, 04:23:20 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Them's Fightin' Herds
#61  October 18, 2015, 12:26:30 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I wouldn't worry too much.  It jumped up 15% in a day, so there's still plenty of time for them to meet the goal.  As of this post it's just shy of 90% with four days to go.  I'm pretty sure it'll pull through.

In other news, the Book of Lore entry for Oleander is up now, concerning all things unicorn and dark magic.

http://www.mane6.com/2015/10/book-of-lore-chapter-3-the-pact/

I love that the name of her spell book is the Unicornomicon. 
#62  October 18, 2015, 11:56:37 am
    • Germany
Watched the last stream, I like the system they added to stop infinite juggles. =)

And they are at 98% now, I'm sure it will be funded realy soon.
Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 10:20:52 pm by Lichtbringer
#63  October 19, 2015, 01:07:36 am
    • USA
Success!  The campaign just passed 100% funding just a minute ago.

:EDIT:  Wow, getting a big push tonight.  They already shot another $10,000 past their target goal in just a few hours.
Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:18:54 am by Person Man
#64  October 19, 2015, 01:44:40 pm
    • Germany
Right now they have 460,289$ , If it keeps going this fast they will soon have enough for the Linux/MAC Port stretch goal.

Edit:

They reached the Linux/MAC Port stretch goal.  :)
Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 08:12:12 am by Lichtbringer
#65  October 21, 2015, 12:20:26 am
    • USA
And they just cracked half a million.  At the rate it's going they might actually make it to that 7th playable character stretch goal.
#66  October 21, 2015, 12:28:08 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Get Hype Everyone!
#67  October 21, 2015, 01:48:19 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
While the game's already funded, I still hope that I get my money in my bank account on time before this ends.   :smile:
#68  October 21, 2015, 03:27:44 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For what little it might help I went ahead and threw $15 at it. Not really a huge fan of a MLP type fighting game. But I do like to support fighters in general and this tier will net me the game. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!
#69  October 22, 2015, 02:43:17 am
    • USA
We got the goat!  The seventh playable character stretch goal was reached.  If they can scrape together another $11,000 in the next six hours they'll get a stage and full story mode along with it.

:EDIT:  And there it goes.  Goat lore is incoming.  So now they've managed to hit all of their initial stretch goals.  The IGG page states that the next step would be even more characters and stages or console ports, but didn't list any specifics for those.
Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 04:16:25 am by Person Man
#70  October 22, 2015, 08:34:26 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Awesome! Glad to know we're getting about 100% more goat than your typical fighter.  :P

But naw, I'm interested in what they'll show off when they do.

Also, got my $55 in the pot just in time, so I feel pretty good.
#71  October 22, 2015, 04:42:04 pm
    • USA
Final tally:  $587,026. 

Not too shabby for a game that didn't look like it was even going to meet its goal at all a few days ago.  That's a solid $27 thousand higher than their biggest stretch goal.  I wonder if they'll be announcing any extra features or plans as a result.

:EDIT:  Her name is Paprika.  And she's going to kill us all.

God, I'm loving these lore chapters.
Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:12:08 am by Person Man
#72  October 26, 2015, 07:55:00 pm
    • Germany
@Person Man

If I got your first post right you payed for a higher perk, so you will be able to join the closed beta on steam right?
If yes will you give us some infos about it when it beginns?
#73  October 27, 2015, 03:54:13 am
    • USA
Yeah.  I pledged at the $200 dollar level so I got the whole shebang.  Well, the whole shebang apart from the limited ones that let you design something for the game, which I was really looking forward too...

Anyway yes, I'll be getting in on the beta.  I am what could be politely described as "not at all good at fighting games" but I'll do what I can to provide some insight into the gameplay once it launches.  Though I don't expect that to be for a quite a while yet.
#74  November 21, 2015, 11:05:07 pm
    • Germany
Sooo some updates:

Pom's Book of Lore entry

Also This:
Who likes good news?, everyone?

Then good news, everyone!

After a constant drip (more like a pour, really) of individual paypal e-mails (over 10,000 over the course of a week. That was fun), the totality of the Indiegogo funds (sans the Indiegogo and paypal fees, of course) is now in the Mane6 paypal account. From paypal, 95% of the money will be moved into the company's bank account, which will be taking a couple of days, and from there, it'll start being distributed as we start covering the expenses, contracting the people required and making the necessary payments for licensing and purchase of materials.

Since Indiegogo has a character limit on the updates, we have given a bit more of an indepth explanation of what this entails in our site, as well as covered a couple other news at the same time; You can read the full article in here.

tl;dr:

IGG Money is now in the M6 account.

IGG & Paypal Fees were discounted (about a 10% of the funds, combined)

Funds are moving into the M6 bank account so that necessary expenses can be made.

Backers Forums coming soon.

Wallpapers also coming soon.

Mane6 now working full time on the game.

Tianhuo's Lore will be coming up at the end of the week.

VA situation still not settled in. We'll let you know through site. Applications currently not accepted.

And this:
Mane6 - Work Stream #1

Wow, it's been a month since the crowdfund ended already?

Alright, fess up, who broke time? It was yesterday just yesterday!

In any case, we'd like to tell you guys we have our first work stream scheduled for tomorrow, Saturday 21, at 3PM PDT in the Mane6 Twitch channel. (twitch.tv/manesix)

This will be a very casual work stream, in which Jay (and maybe Omari) will be working on game stuff of the modeling and/or scripting kind; It's meant more for hanging out with you guys and showing some of our progress as it happens than to show new and finished stuff. We'll still have streams for major milestones and showcases of new characters, of course!... but let's take it one stream at a time.

So mark your calendars, get your alarms goin', and get ready to picnic with us in the stream.

On the Administrative side

Things are still moving; And as we learned from the time used on establishing the company before the crowdfund, when it comes to the legal flavour of things, there's a lot of back and forth required. Currently, we're setting up the sort of things that we could not get set up until we had a solid, set-in-stone budget to work with, such as contractor agreements, NDAs, licensing deals, how we're going to be paying people and for the game expenses... All that sort of stuff.

While the main team has kept on working on the game proper, and full time since the funds arrived to the company's paypal accounts, these things have been happening on the side to help set up the foundation for the development cycle. Right now, our priority lies on getting the team settled in with the company (speaking in terms of legalese stuff), after which we'll be looking into the direction of licensing (Fmod, GGPO, etc) and contractors, and on to the other expenses we need to cover in the immediate future. Forums come in this zone, as well. We're sorry it's been taking this long to get things set up, but right now it's very important for the game progress that the agreements and contractings get handled as a priority. We're still working to get this done as fast as possible.

Tianhuo's Lore

... is still coming! We're (once again) sorry it didn't come out when we first intended; We've been going back and forth on it, making some revisions and a few changes, and making sure we're all happy with it. We're not going to say a specific date it'll be coming, since there's still the update's art to get done, but we're pretty sure it'll be soon rather than "soon"

Let's see what Updates they show us on the next stream.
#75  November 24, 2015, 03:51:39 am
    • USA
Tianhuo's book of lore chapter is out now.  This one is seemingly the last one for now.  At least until they get that goat character ready, at any rate.

Loving this artwork, though now I wish her in-game design had that armor too.  Looks sweet.
#76  December 29, 2015, 06:04:09 pm
    • Germany
Time for a little update.

Mane6 is hiring! – 2D/3D Background Artist
Mane6 is currently looking for a 2D background artist contractor with 3D experience and excellent digital illustration skills to help make Them’s Fightin’ Herds a reality.

Position Overview

As a contractor for Mane6, you’ll work with a passionate group of artists, designers and developers located around the globe on a 2d fighting game for the Windows, Mac and Linux platforms over the project’s life, with emphasis on the next sixteen months. (Duration might be shortened or lengthened according to project needs).

Responsibilities

Responsibilities include partnering with our core development group to assess the creative needs of the game project, as well as to create and implement 2D and 3D background assets for use within the game’s engine, at the highest standard of quality.

Qualifications/Experience

Required Skills

• At least one year work experience in creating background art and design for videogames, or in a related work field.
  • Strong knowledge of Autodesk Maya (Autodesk Maya 2009 preferred).
  • Strong proficiency in digital illustration (Vector and bitmapped) for game assets, including backgrounds, props, characters and decorative UI/UX elements.
  • Ability to work with an established art style.
  • Excellent communication skills.
  • Self motivated, with a strong work ethic, and self-imposing standards of the highest work quality.
  • Proficient layout design ability.
  • Ability to work well within a cross-discipline team in a dynamic, iterative setting.
  • A passion for creating and playing videogames.

Desirable skills.

• Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (with focus on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Flash).
  • Working knowledge of Zbrush.
  • General knowledge of fighting games
  • Proficient ability to work with UI/UX a huge plus.
  • Ability to work within hard and short-term deadlines.
  • Ability to take and respond favourably to frequent feedback, including multiple revisions within a short time period.

If you wish to apply for this position, please e-mail us to contact@mane6.com with a copy of your resume and a link to your online portfolio, and we’ll get in contact with you. Online-based portfolios only! Download-based and physical portfolio submissions won’t be considered.

Source: Steam
#77  June 13, 2022, 05:46:34 am
    • Brazil
#78  December 28, 2022, 01:46:19 am
    • Brazil

New character trailer.