YesNoOk

Rugal updated (10/10/2021) (Read 28285 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, September 30, 2021, 11:45:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rugal updated (10/10/2021)
#21  October 12, 2021, 10:30:21 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Edit: Forgot to mention that I changed God Lane AI Command as CPU God Rugal spams it too much.

This didn't make a difference but if you wanna reduce the God Lane AI frequency just reduce the highlighted numbers.

[State -1, God Lane]
type = ChangeState
value = ifElse(MoveGuarded, 2010, 2000)
triggerAll = AILevel && NumEnemy
triggerAll = RoundState = 2 && StateType != A && !NumProjID(131035) && var(40) = 2
triggerAll = P2StateType != L && P2StateNo != 5120
trigger1 = (ctrl || StateNo = 52 || (StateNo = [100, 101])) && Random < (((P2BodyDist x) * 8) * (AILevel ** 2 / 64.0))
trigger2 = var(6) && MoveGuarded && Random < (125 * (AILevel ** 2 / 64.0))
trigger3 = (StateNo = [200, 699]) && Time <= 2 && (EnemyNear, MoveType = A) && (EnemyNear, facing)
#22  October 13, 2021, 10:47:06 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Edit: Forgot to mention that I changed God Lane AI Command as CPU God Rugal spams it too much.

This didn't make a difference but if you wanna reduce the God Lane AI frequency just reduce the highlighted numbers.

[State -1, God Lane]
type = ChangeState
value = ifElse(MoveGuarded, 2010, 2000)
triggerAll = AILevel && NumEnemy
triggerAll = RoundState = 2 && StateType != A && !NumProjID(131035) && var(40) = 2
triggerAll = P2StateType != L && P2StateNo != 5120
trigger1 = (ctrl || StateNo = 52 || (StateNo = [100, 101])) && Random < (((P2BodyDist x) * 8) * (AILevel ** 2 / 64.0))
trigger2 = var(6) && MoveGuarded && Random < (125 * (AILevel ** 2 / 64.0))
trigger3 = (StateNo = [200, 699]) && Time <= 2 && (EnemyNear, MoveType = A) && (EnemyNear, facing)

Thanks It works
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#23  October 14, 2021, 02:42:55 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Why Omega version don't have EX moves?
#24  October 14, 2021, 03:31:42 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
#25  October 14, 2021, 03:52:28 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
But God mode have EX moves. Don't make sense for me. Omega is superior in comparision of God mode?
#26  October 14, 2021, 05:04:32 am
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
But God mode have EX moves. Don't make sense for me. Omega is superior in comparision of God mode?

God mode doesn’t have EX moves, ether.
Only Normal mode has EX moves.
#27  October 14, 2021, 06:22:28 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com

Are we using the same character?

In the source game, Omega/God was just a localization thing, so I can see the confusion. The "Boss" version of Rugal never had EX moves either way. So I assume Karma wanted to stay in line with the design philosophy/concept for both modes.
#28  October 14, 2021, 06:52:14 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil

Are we using the same character?

In the source game, Omega/God was just a localization thing, so I can see the confusion. The "Boss" version of Rugal never had EX moves either way. So I assume Karma wanted to stay in line with the design philosophy/concept for both modes.

Okay, thanks for this explanation guys!
These chars is like Evil Ryu and Violent Ken, I understand now.
#29  October 14, 2021, 11:37:32 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany
Sorry guys, I haven't been entering to the forums as of late.

Good update on an already excellent release!

Some small feedback:

- God Rugal's teleport lacks after images.

I'll try to see what is causing this. I've noticed the same while playing on an Ikemen build.

kaiser phoenix projectile doesn't go full screen. it's weird cause all his projectiles do except his level 3.

May I ask you what is your setup and if this happens all the time of under specific circumstances? It doesn't happen on my end.

Also, thank you so much for the support, guys. And yeah, Omega Rugal and God Regal are meant to be final boss tier characters that are not meant to have EX special moves.
#30  October 14, 2021, 11:59:22 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
For some strange reason, when I use God Rugal's .def file, even with all 12 palettes accounted for and properly listed in the .def file itself, he only uses his default palette; even when doing a 2-on-2 battle; 4 God Rugals, they all have his base red color scheme ... not sure why that is, but I felt like it was something worth mentioning ...

This is absolutely awesome, I see little things, that are player-nit-picky to me; but aren't glaring issues, but to be honest, since Vyn's CvSxRugal, this is probably the most polished CvS iteration of him I've seen in a long time.  Very good work here  man!
#31  October 15, 2021, 12:15:04 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, the only thing I still really feel is that God Rugal's Genocide Heaven should be different from normal Rugal, but like Ness said, that's more nitpicky lol. Great work again, Karma.
#32  October 15, 2021, 11:41:31 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
And I apologize for my late feedback. Pretty sure you were also expecting feedback from me as well, but I got busy with OHMSBY and Ichida's characters as of late. Here it is:
-The hitspark and guard spark on standing HK is misaligned if hit farther away.
-The hitspark and guard spark on Reppuken could be lowered.
-The landing effect on the forward dash plays a little too early as he hasn't fully touched the floor yet.
-The custom combo EX spark is misaligned when used in the air.
-There is a hitspark sound, but no hitspark itself on Scorpion Deathlock.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, Normal Rugal's strong Genocide Cutter can only hit once as it doesn't launch them high enough.
-The hitspark and guard spark of Normal Rugal's Dead End Screamer is misaligned if hit farther away and the last hit will miss.
-The skull effect on Gigantic Pressure should play the moment the opponent hits the wall, not after it.
-The explosion effect is bugged as it suddenly shrinks when the opponent hits the wall during God Press.
-Omega and God Rugal's 2nd and 3rd swings of Genocide Cutter has no strong kick swing sounds.
-Since you are using a strong wall bounce on when the opponent hits the wall on Beads Destruction, it uses a normal shockwave sound instead of a strong one.
-Not sure if it's intentional, but the projectile on Gravity Smash will phase through the opponent if the shock effect has already hit them up-close first.
-Depending on the opponent's hitbox, it's possible for the 2nd to last projectiles of Kaiser Phoenix to miss.
-There is no sliding dust at the end of the animation on Omega Rugal's Vanishing Rush.
-The super jump sound effect has a bit of delay during Genocide Cutter.
-The cutter sound effect during the first swing of Genocide Cutter plays after it makes contact with the opponent.
-The opponent's get hit animation on Rugal Execution feels stiff as they don't shake while being grabbed (It's also listed incorrectly on the readme as it's the same command as God Press).
-The landing effect on God Lane doesn't play if he teleports too close to the side of the wall.
-The first hitspark on G. END don't have envshake, while the rest of the hits don't have hitsparks at all.
-The hitsparks on Last Judgement don't have envshake in them.

If the feedback feels disjointed, I'll condense it if you need me to as I played all versions of Rugal simultaneously. Will edit again if I find more.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#33  October 15, 2021, 03:37:35 pm
Sorry guys, I haven't been entering to the forums as of late.

Good update on an already excellent release!

Some small feedback:

- God Rugal's teleport lacks after images.

I'll try to see what is causing this. I've noticed the same while playing on an Ikemen build.

kaiser phoenix projectile doesn't go full screen. it's weird cause all his projectiles do except his level 3.

May I ask you what is your setup and if this happens all the time of under specific circumstances? It doesn't happen on my end.

Also, thank you so much for the support, guys. And yeah, Omega Rugal and God Regal are meant to be final boss tier characters that are not meant to have EX special moves.

1.1  , this happens with zoom stages even if the stages aren't wide.

all his projectiles are ok and would even travel to wider stages except for kaiser phoenix which probably has its destroyself lower than his normal projectiles.
#34  October 21, 2021, 04:47:03 pm
Awesome release, thank you Karma.

All of the feedback that I have was shared or resolved already.

Looking forward to future updates and updates for older chars.

You deserve a break, have a good one.

#35  October 21, 2021, 05:45:35 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
This Rugal is so satisfiying...
Seriously... :)

thanks again for the great conversion!
#36  October 25, 2021, 12:24:26 pm
Hey there, I found an issue this Rugal has with IKEMEN GO's tag system (probably happens on other tag systems like Add004 as well, but I didn't test) where cancelling God Press into Gigantic Pressure or Gigantic Pressure into LV2 Gigantic Pressure the moment an opponent is KO'd softlocks the game (basically the super "hits" the dead character who in turn stays in-game but with no control, leaving it in that state). I was able to easily fix this without affecting functionality by adding the following lines into Super.st:

[State 3100, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = !var(16) && var(15) < 1
trigger1 = AnimElem >= 4
trigger1 = enemynear,alive
ID = 3100

[State 3150, HitDef]
type = HitDef
trigger1 = !var(16) && var(15) < 1
trigger1 = AnimElem >= 4
trigger1 = enemynear,alive
ID = 3150

These would be the lines 1026 and 1650 of the document respectively.
#37  November 14, 2021, 12:04:07 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
This Rugal is fuckin insane!!!! :jackie:

A.I level = Hard 8

Yo Karma! I got a few questions... Reddbrink & varo_hades made Rugal... right? So... why?? :bjugoi:

I want to know what made you interested on making Rugal... with 3 modes?! Holy shit, dude. How is that possible?? :o

Your Rugal is GREAT btw :mlol:
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:26:39 am by Emerie The Goat
#38  November 14, 2021, 12:12:31 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Yo Karma! I got a few questions... Reddbrink & varo_hades made Rugal... right? So... why?? :bjugoi:

Well there was already multiple Ioris (QuickFist, Knuckles8864, Falcon Rapper) before. Making another PotS version of someone isn't really anything new.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#39  November 14, 2021, 12:15:06 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
True
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#40  November 24, 2021, 10:20:14 pm
Very cool chars!