YesNoOk

Despero (Read 3624 times)

Started by xxxXx, February 15, 2012, 09:29:54 pm
Share this topic:
Despero
#1  February 15, 2012, 09:29:54 pm
I've decided to give my cyberbots project a pause and work on something else for a change.

This something is Despero, based on Justice League Task Force game (for Genesis). I knoe there is another Despero out there but it is based on JLTF for SNES and has totaly different graphic

first glance:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I making him on CVG template, if any one's curious

what is done:
all moves,
all basic attacks and throws,
all hitstates,
1 special (3 variants), 1 hyper
2 winposes and some other minor things

what is left:
more specials, hypers
more winposes
intro anim
intro and ending
code tweeking

I'll be glad for suggestions for specialy, winposes etc.

alpha link

http://www.4shared.com/rar/kEhPKrDi/Despero.html
Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:51:24 pm by xxxXx
Re: Despero
#2  February 15, 2012, 11:25:56 pm
awesome, nice to know that the cast for this game is getting completed, was the Snes version more mosntrous?, which special intros are you considering and against who?
#3  February 15, 2012, 11:47:12 pm
awesome, nice to know that the cast for this game is getting completed, was the Snes version more mosntrous?, which special intros are you considering and against who?

I'd say that sens version had a more monstrous design of Despero. Sadly sprites were considerably smaller and don't fit the mvc-like style. As for intros, I'm at a loss, it's the main reason I'm starting a project topic. As I said, suggestions are needed...
#4  February 16, 2012, 12:50:54 am
Despero is an alien from the planet Kalanor, and in addition to a genius intellect possesses a third eye on his forehead capable of mind control, illusions, telekinesis, and telepathy.

According to his fragment i would suggest an special intro against all the JLA members in which they begin to struggle against his mindcontrol with his voice in Off telling them to surreder, this struggle would seem painful and they barely manage to get past it at the beginning of the round

Despero is also empowered by the "Flame of Py'tar", a mystical source of power that grants superior strength, durability, and the ability to alter his mass (from human-sized to massive).

to go with this i would suggest another intro would be to show different forms of despero just to go back to this actual form before the match.

Other idea would be to make special intros against other super villians such as Doctor Doom or Darkseid, the Flame of Py´tar would burn powerfully on a show off act while he challenges his rival for the title of the ruler of the earth
#5  February 16, 2012, 04:30:48 am
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
very cool project, good luck :)
#6  February 16, 2012, 04:33:06 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
No offense at all intended, but I'm just not huge on the idea of the template. This is just my opinion. However, I am curious as to how this turns out at the same time.
#7  February 16, 2012, 06:03:43 pm
Despero is an alien from the planet Kalanor, and in addition to a genius intellect possesses a third eye on his forehead capable of mind control, illusions, telekinesis, and telepathy.

According to his fragment i would suggest an special intro against all the JLA members in which they begin to struggle against his mindcontrol with his voice in Off telling them to surreder, this struggle would seem painful and they barely manage to get past it at the beginning of the round

Despero is also empowered by the "Flame of Py'tar", a mystical source of power that grants superior strength, durability, and the ability to alter his mass (from human-sized to massive).

to go with this i would suggest another intro would be to show different forms of despero just to go back to this actual form before the match.

Other idea would be to make special intros against other super villians such as Doctor Doom or Darkseid, the Flame of Py´tar would burn powerfully on a show off act while he challenges his rival for the title of the ruler of the earth

Thx for that, very helpful. On part one: I need some voice samples to do such an intro, do you know, where to get them (game , cartoon etc), JLU cartoon had actually not that many useful lines and JLTF has none at all.
On part two: Great idea, useful for both specials and intros. Do you have any particular comicbook (sorry graphic novel) I can mimic in mind?

No offense at all intended, but I'm just not huge on the idea of the template. This is just my opinion. However, I am curious as to how this turns out at the same time.

Hmm, what do you particularly dislike in the template? Maby I can fix this, plus some skilled creators already offered help...
#8  February 16, 2012, 06:19:19 pm
two options, i can help you out by searching for audios or you can create or at least ask for original sounds, just need to come up for the actual dialog you´d like to  implement, other author slike Basara have made such threads
#9  February 16, 2012, 06:26:40 pm
two options, i can help you out by searching for audios or you can create or at least ask for original sounds, just need to come up for the actual dialog you´d like to  implement, other author slike Basara have made such threads
Hmm, in the end propably both options we'll be needed. For a start do you know a good comic base for specials/intros (I know despero mostly from DCAU/JLU). Despero is actually one of those chars that had the strongest design evolution over the years... in JLU he was practically a pink GL with a powerring embeded in his forehead. In comics picture becomes blurry.
#10  February 16, 2012, 08:09:57 pm
here is some reference for Despero, I think you have seen his humanoid form in the cartoon so im posting his more mosntrous side

A good comic reference would be Justice League of America #38

i can help you out searching for sounds too
Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:46:55 pm by Blue Monkey
#11  February 16, 2012, 08:25:51 pm
WOW! dude thanks a lot!
Sure if you can find useful sounds and perhaps hires effects sparks etc thats great. I'll gladly give you credit for help :)
#12  February 16, 2012, 10:48:24 pm
#13  February 19, 2012, 06:16:54 pm
#14  March 06, 2012, 06:58:15 pm
Ok I'm back from holidays, let's get down to business...

Navs posted this on IMT forum suggesting how to make despero more MVC, so people do you like it better, than what is already done?

As for me I'm going to work on some intros for now.
#15  March 06, 2012, 10:10:50 pm
left ones are yours?, i think both look pretty awesome, and if you can't choose which one ill say go with the style thats hits the source mechanics, JLTF for JLTF gameplay and MVC to emulate MvC move set