YesNoOk

(Open Projects) QuickFist WIPs (Read 10051 times)

Started by QuickFist, October 23, 2014, 07:58:06 pm
Share this topic:
(Open Projects) QuickFist WIPs
#1  October 23, 2014, 07:58:06 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

Re: (Open Projects) QuickFist WIPs
#2  October 23, 2014, 08:05:36 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
So is this your official statement of retirement from the Mugen scene as a creator? Maybe you'll pick it up later on...
#3  October 24, 2014, 01:51:27 am
  • Raging Fist
....so its happening..
Well, go in peace then Quickfist.
#4  October 24, 2014, 02:01:17 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Noooooooo good bye Terry infite style :S
#5  October 24, 2014, 02:01:33 am
  • Niigasan
maaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnn i love your characters iori is still one of favorites man this sucks i was excited to see what k and others would look like man... i hoe u somehow find motivation quick no pun intended we all gonna miss u here
#6  October 24, 2014, 05:54:18 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Thank you for your kind words guys

Noooooooo good bye Terry infite style :S

I opened this thread so you DON'T have to say goodbye to Terry and Wolvie man.
Anyone can pick them up and finish them. Terry is almost finished, Wolvie needs more work

#7  October 24, 2014, 01:34:55 pm
  • Swagger just dumb. Call it Kelly Bundy
    • USA
Thanks for the releases man. Sorry to see you go but in the end its your decision that counts and not others. I also wanted to know if you would still be active in the community like giving coding tips etc to those who my need some help?
#8  October 24, 2014, 05:31:50 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Yeah, of course, I'll still be around here. I'll make some pals now and then.

#9  October 24, 2014, 05:42:51 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Get Yo Ass back to coding that Terry, Quick ;P

Some one will pick them up but will they be as good as if you would have made them...?
Don't mind me trying to motivate you to come back haha.

Glad to see your still around bro, and when the time comes that I want to get into Character creation I may seek your guidance.

#10  October 24, 2014, 05:46:18 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Bro, don't worry about Terry, he's about 95% done.
Someone just has to finish him, remember I released a beta when I announced my retirement? It was perfectly playable.

#11  October 24, 2014, 05:48:39 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
HUNGRY WOLF, if you start doing this, I'll join you.
Quickfist, good retirement, and as I told you, it makes me REALLY sad.
#12  October 24, 2014, 06:11:17 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
I deserve all of good for you Quickfist! You made well great MUGEN chars. Your contribuition in this forum and in MUGEN will never be forgotten. :)
#13  October 24, 2014, 06:25:58 pm
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
#14  October 24, 2014, 06:29:48 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
damn quick. u will be missed. u make some really good characters! I think i wanna continue that custom wolverine....hmmmm.
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#15  October 24, 2014, 06:48:38 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Go ahead, he has CS and a ton of pals, and a couple specials

#16  October 24, 2014, 07:27:47 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Enjoy your retirement, Quick. I still believe that someday you will be back to coding, though :) Keep your head up, bro and don't give up so easily!

DW

#17  October 24, 2014, 08:53:27 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Bro, don't worry about Terry, he's about 95% done.

Mnnngh... I'd say more along the lines of mid-upper 60%/possibly lower 70%. I'll put this here just in case you or anyone else decides to finish him:

-I don't remember Power Geyser ever being a QCFx2 motion in any game. The DP Rising Tackle I can live with, though Power Geyser cmd change just doesn't feel right.

-Clsns are kinda meh. Lacks synergy and most importantly, priority. As basically all of his red clsns are encased in blue ones.

-No side switch for K throw.

-Helpers(special and super) don't stay alive for MUGEN hit registry. Projectiles are limited wrong, hindering Terry when it comes to spam battles, as he has to wait for the prior helper to destroy itself before being allowed to throw another. He should be able to throw another P.Wave when a prior P.Wave is in it's hit anim.

-(EX)P.Dunk should have some invul on startup

-Because you added an additional hit to MK/HK C.Shoot and it doesn't knock p2 down like the EX version, it leaves Terry at positive frame adv for them.(+6/+7) Enough to easily string in a cr.LP and chain to cr.HP then perform another MK/HK C.Shoot for an easy infinite:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-R.Tackle(All) causes debug flood as you can see in the above pic.

-P.Geyser helper and all other super helpers are done wrong. They don't have blue clsns and can't stop normal projectiles:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-There's some errors with his CS in various frame. I can't remember exactly which ones... I think Far s.MK has one of his shoes colored green, while Far s.HK has a randomly misplaced pixel under his kicking leg. I saw a few more as well, put can't remember. If I feel like it later, I'll prolly point em out.

-EX versions of specials feel uninspired and not very useful. Especially EX B.Knuckle. He propels out too far, along with the somewhat excessive cooldown for it makes it impractical to follow up successfully from wall bouncing p2. It also seems that in terms of normals/specials, you can only follow this up with R.Tackle. I'd advise looking over Sander71113's Terry for inspiration with EX moves execution and utility. I feel he handled that VERY well and if I were to make Terry, I would have taken notes from Sander's Terry myself.

-Although subtle, the anim you're using for Lv1 P.Geyser nerfs the atk range of the move. As it's the wrong anim, closer to him.

-Why does the screenbound for T.Geyser, but allows horizontal scrolling? Looks and feels weird as when p2 flies back from being hit, it pulls Terry along with them across the stage.

-Double startup step sound on running startup.

That's about it for now. I'll update this post with new findings, if I find any.
#18  October 24, 2014, 09:03:39 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Yeah, you're right, just so you see guys, I'm not that good.
Thanks for taking the time to test it and post feedback DW, I confess that while I was working on him I was very uninspired, I really hope someone makes sure he ends up being a really cool char.

DW

#19  October 24, 2014, 09:12:01 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Stop being on a self pity trip, bruh. We all make mistakes. I never give any form of feedback with the intent to crush anyone's spirit or deter them from going on. I'm only trying to help. I'd even help you fix these problems if you wanted/needed.
#20  October 24, 2014, 09:20:42 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Oh you didn't crush my spirit bro lol, sorry I gave you that impression.
I was just accepting my mistakes as you say, Iori is still my best char (some say O.Iori, but I prefer vanilla Iori), and the motivation I had while making Terry wasn't the same as it was with Iori.
Anyway, this thread is not about me or my retirement, it's about someone finishing those WIPs. Only HannibalRoyce has mentioned something about working with Wolvie.