YesNoOk

Advanced Arcade mode/story mode (Read 13076 times)

Started by Sapphire Flame, February 13, 2009, 09:53:45 pm
Share this topic:
Advanced Arcade mode/story mode
#1  February 13, 2009, 09:53:45 pm
  • Getting back to work on MUGEN
Hey, since I'm officially involved in a full game now, I think it'd be awesome if arcade mode was greatly expended to allow it to function as a "story mode" of sorts. Since this would allow people involved in full games (or just people who want to create custom scenarios), it'd be really quite helpful. A few things I'd like to see happen:

- "The order=" thing range raised from 0-10 to 0-99, which should be more than enough.

- Certain opponents appear only when playing as a certain character

- Cutscenes besides the intro and ending can be displayed (for example, a cutscene right before the final boss if the character is programmed to have it)

- An option so that the same character is not able to be fought more than once. Overridden if there aren't any more characters to choose from, though.

- saving mid-match or in between matches for truly long campaigns

- altering which characters are involved in the fight, making it so you can give yourself an ally, make it so that two opponents are ganging up on you, etc.

- an option to disable switching characters in the "continue?" screen

An awful lot of things, sure, but I think it'd be pretty cool if some of these things were implemented, so that arcade mode can feel like something other than "fight a series of randomly chosen opponents in succession".
My mugen creations can be found at:

Sapphire Flame's Mugen Creations

Sonic Chaos Battles- Coming soon!
Re: Advanced Arcade mode/story mode
#2  January 15, 2011, 03:15:33 pm
i think the same but i cant find anyone who can tell me anything about it