YesNoOk

Ryu and Gouki (3-17-13 update) (Read 128055 times)

Started by mwryly, September 05, 2012, 10:48:27 am
Share this topic:

Poll

My first character

Dudley (SF3)
10 (15.2%)
Gen (SFA)
48 (72.7%)
Captain Commando (MVC -- Mix of MVC and Warusaki's version)
4 (6.1%)
Yun (SF3)
4 (6.1%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Voting closed: March 21, 2013, 04:58:36 pm

Re: Ryu and Gouki
#21  September 07, 2012, 09:20:44 pm
  • Raging Fist
Also Evil Ryu and Ryu's intro where Ryu Attacks E.Ryu and E.Ryu Hadokens him is glitchy on some parts.
I used it on Warzone, and its glitchy to the ryu attacks but stuck there.
Assistance?
#22  September 07, 2012, 10:20:25 pm
  • Was it something I said?
Idk if this is helping, but I did manage to do color separation for both gouki and Evil Ryu from their Hadous-Auras.
If you want Knuckles I can send them over.

Hmm... you know, I actually tried to color separate the Aura from the Hadous year ago, but I totally forgot about it. But, if you want, you can sent them, and I'll make each pallete for them.

Also Evil Ryu and Ryu's intro where Ryu Attacks E.Ryu and E.Ryu Hadokens him is glitchy on some parts.
I used it on Warzone, and its glitchy to the ryu attacks but stuck there.
Assistance?

Did you a specific stage when this happened? For example, the NYC Alley stage by NoZ causes some character problems due to the character's starting place.
EX. Nrvnsqr Chaos by Rajaa's intro won't end, cause the raven won't come down fully, due of the position of the characters.
#23  September 07, 2012, 10:22:12 pm
  • Raging Fist
Yes I have.
Mainly CVS2 stages that are Hi-Res. I've fixxed the numbers on player locations, since its been the prime problem to 80 for P1, -80 for P2, and that did the trick.
Also, how can you do that teleport move now that the attacks have EX attacks?
As for the palettes, You sure you don't want me to do it? I did a successful Shin Gouki Palette with its Epic Aura color XD.
Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:33:39 pm by Flowrellik
#24  September 07, 2012, 10:33:59 pm
Yes I have.
Mainly CVS2 stages that are Hi-Res. If you can fix this glitch once and for all, since the normal versions worked, that'd be great.
Also, how can you do that teleport move now that the attacks have EX attacks?
As for the palettes, You sure you don't want me to do it? I did a successful Shin Gouki Palette with its Epic Aura color XD.

I can't really fix the glitch, since I don't know much about stages. I just use stages for specific characters and such.
For the teleport move, do the combo normally, but press all three buttons (3p, and 3k.) It's annoying, but you'll get used to it.
Haha, very funny. XD I can at least help you out if you wish me to.
#25  September 07, 2012, 10:35:54 pm
  • Raging Fist
I fixxed the glitch, and I understand why you did the method for teleport. Most of the time, the teleport is often used as a cheat move for good players. by doing that you leveled out the playing field which is awesome in my book :3
I just hope the AI is better for the characters to fully use their potential (Including EX Attacks).
as for helping, Its much abliged my friend. Heck, I can give good pointers on how to make characters reach their prime.
#26  September 07, 2012, 10:41:42 pm
I fixxed the glitch, and I understand why you did the method for teleport. Most of the time, the teleport is often used as a cheat move for good players. by doing that you leveled out the playing field which is awesome in my book :3
I just hope the AI is better for the characters to fully use their potential (Including EX Attacks).
as for helping, Its much abliged my friend. Heck, I can give good pointers on how to make characters reach their prime.

I'm not the guy who made the edit, good sir. I'm just a guy who likes to help people out.
#27  September 08, 2012, 04:50:47 am
WOW. Great edits.
so many new sprits.
#28  September 08, 2012, 10:56:22 am
    • Philippines
    • tayo_619@yahoo.com
-Do you prefer for it to be a simple punch sound?
I think it needs a big, impactful hitsound. Hmm. Maybe you (or someone who's good with this kind of thing) applied reverb to the regular heavy punch hitsound.

-I didn't change that sound from the original Shin Gouki. Do you mean the blocking sound?
No, I mean when the projectile hits the ground. It's the same sound as the one in PotS's version but it sounds weird there too. I dunno why PotS didn't just use the CvS2 one. :-\

-I'll fix the OTG part but do you prefer for normal Gouki to have no aura on his taunt??
Well I think normal Gouki not having the aura makes more sense; if only Shin Gouki has it, it makes him more special and boss-like.

-I'm not the guy for that. 

-I checked out a few CVS2 videos and when the projectile hits the ground it sounds like a blocking or stomp sound. which would likely be appropriate??

-A Gouki with no aura seems Un-Gouki like to me. but I'll just remove the kanji and set it for Shin Gouki only

And Knuckles, thanks for answering some of the other problems mentioned that I didn't respond to because i'm not really active here. :)
#29  September 08, 2012, 02:21:59 pm
  • Raging Fist
I hope you get a few ideas in mind from my end here as well.
#30  September 08, 2012, 02:50:04 pm
  • Witness my power!
Can't repeat simple Gouki combo.
Crouching LK,LK,MK Gou Hadou Ken.
In simple version of char, i done it easily.
WTF?
#31  September 08, 2012, 06:18:40 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#32  September 08, 2012, 07:45:06 pm
  • "Words are my lethal weapons."
    • USA
    • joeyquiles3@aim.com
I would have liked them if you wouldve just changed their hitsparks only. They were excellent on their own.
Lyrical Jedi
#33  September 08, 2012, 08:53:33 pm
  • Witness my power!
#34  September 08, 2012, 09:01:46 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#35  September 08, 2012, 09:24:47 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
But sf4 combos also doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure he isn't going for complete accuracy. Instead, he appears to be taking inspiration from SF4, much like how the POTS-styled creators taking various moves and tweaking them to fit a Mugen character. Source accuracy was not intended, inspiration was taken.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#36  September 08, 2012, 10:02:36 pm
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/
A suggestion about the supers: Remember that the most recent PotS creations use a level one super that can be maximized. Shinku Tatsu must be a normal super remembering the history of the character.
The supers that can be maximized are Shinku Hadou-ken, Shinku Tatsu, I don't know about the others, but I've an idea for Denjin Hadou-ken, it could be faster than the normal one, only that, no stronger.
I think that the level two super can be removed completly, or make it a chooseable via a var.

Well, but that's my opinion, you make a good work ;D
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549
#37  September 09, 2012, 12:14:21 am

-A Gouki with no aura seems Un-Gouki like to me. but I'll just remove the kanji and set it for Shin Gouki only

And Knuckles, thanks for answering some of the other problems mentioned that I didn't respond to because i'm not really active here. :)

Here's what I think you should do for the aura:
- Get rid of the hitbox, the aura and kanji for Regular mode taunt (Oh, and make it so the taunt for Regular is the "HM!" instead of "Mu Zero!" (sounds like it to me. XD).
- Apply only the aura for the foot stomp win pose in Regular. (Add the kanji if you wish, it's totally up to you.)
- Apply the hitbox, aura and kanji for Shin's taunt and foot stomp pose.

And you're welcome, mate. :)

Edit: You forgot to give the super finish on Kongou Kokuretsu Zan.
And you should change the Tenma Gou Zankuu Ago's command on the readme.
Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:24:36 am by Knuckles8864
#38  September 09, 2012, 11:05:01 am
    • Philippines
    • tayo_619@yahoo.com

Here's what I think you should do for the aura:
- Get rid of the hitbox, the aura and kanji for Regular mode taunt (Oh, and make it so the taunt for Regular is the "HM!" instead of "Mu Zero!" (sounds like it to me. XD).
- Apply only the aura for the foot stomp win pose in Regular. (Add the kanji if you wish, it's totally up to you.)
- Apply the hitbox, aura and kanji for Shin's taunt and foot stomp pose.

And you're welcome, mate. :)

Edit: You forgot to give the super finish on Kongou Kokuretsu Zan.
And you should change the Tenma Gou Zankuu Ago's command on the readme.

Maybe I'll consider what you said about that taunt.

I'll take a look at the Kongou Kokuretsu Zan. And I haven't updated the readme yet. I'll work on that soon

I checked out a few CVS2 videos and when the projectile hits the ground it sounds like a blocking or stomp sound. which would likely be appropriate??
Just download Warusaki's Gouki and use the sound he used.
Ok, I'll work on it
Wait, why remove the kanji?
I meant the kanji that appears in his taunt. But I think I'll consider what you've said earlier and Knuckles too.
A suggestion about the supers: Remember that the most recent PotS creations use a level one super that can be maximized. Shinku Tatsu must be a normal super remembering the history of the character.
The supers that can be maximized are Shinku Hadou-ken, Shinku Tatsu, I don't know about the others, but I've an idea for Denjin Hadou-ken, it could be faster than the normal one, only that, no stronger.
I think that the level two super can be removed completly, or make it a chooseable via a var.

Well, but that's my opinion, you make a good work ;D

Well, I can't really do that because they all have lots of super and the recent POTS creations only have about 3-5 supers. And Ryu and Gouki have tons of supers and adding a MAX version would add more movelist which will make it more vast and confusing to play. And oh, thanks :D
#39  September 09, 2012, 02:49:43 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Most of the stuff was said already, so I'll just leave this unimportant piece of stuff. :P

- Lv2 supers should have a purple Super BG to follow POTS' latest format.
- Isn't there an Excel bar during custom combo in POTS' latest chars ?
#40  September 09, 2012, 08:57:13 pm
Oh yeah, Doppel's right about one thing, purple is the new Lv2.

-Also, Orange is the new Lv3 supers.
-I think you might be mentioning PotS Nash/Charlie, which does have an excel bar, but not for any of his others characters, as far as I know, or any future PotS style characters. (Except for DivineWolf's but his Excel style is totally different.)