YesNoOk

Jiren the Grey (Read 66664 times)

Started by Iced, October 15, 2018, 09:53:43 pm
Share this topic:
Jiren the Grey
#1  October 15, 2018, 09:53:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
"He is Justice. He is strenght. He is power. Behold all that might hold darkness in their heart, the paragon of virtue, the one that sacrificed everything for the good of the many is here.. Jiren the grey, hero of millions, defender of universes, the fist of the 11th universe.

Champion of the God  Vermout, Jiren assembled his League of heroes to protect the innocent, and save those that cannot save themselves. His fist is absolute, his stare uncorruptible, he is JIREN.
Stand before his might in awe."

灰色のジレン Haiiro no Jiren
Jiren is being Sprited by Gate and coded by Justnopoint. He follows a strange type of movement where his strongest basics are not really basics but more like special moves on their own right. 

Jiren will have a lot of endurance and lean towards the heavier side of grappling, as much as grappling needs to be adapted to fit within our game.

Look forward to him.
Re: Jiren the Grey
#2  October 15, 2018, 09:56:43 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
genial
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#3  October 15, 2018, 10:14:48 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
cool, love me some grapplers.
#4  October 16, 2018, 06:02:26 am
  • Just living life one post at a time
    • USA
Very cool progress so far. Do you guys have a pre-planned special & super movelist, or is it not decided yet?
#5  October 16, 2018, 04:37:39 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
I hope you guys give him his machine gun punches, glaring attack, and the cool move where he turns around and the opponent explodes.
#6  October 18, 2018, 09:21:39 am
    • Spain
Wouldn't it be cool if his guard animation were like the stance one? Like if he were imperceptively dodging the attack.
#7  November 07, 2018, 03:16:05 pm
    • Brazil
so jiren's planned as an actual full character rather than a joke cheap one huh? looking forward to it, the way i he looks, he's the kind of character i'd play.
wouldn't of a juggernaut-esque character tho? powering through attacks with armor and breaking guard with chargeable basics and such? coz while i can think of a few comm grabs for him, he has so much more going for him i don't see him being much of a grappler, at most a hybrid of it and some other manner of playstyle.

Wouldn't it be cool if his guard animation were like the stance one? Like if he were imperceptively dodging the attack.

or simply tanking it, head on
#8  November 07, 2018, 03:51:26 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
He's a sort of Juggy throw char hybrid. This is HDBZ. He won't just be a slow Zangief! :D
For me part of the fun is adapting a throw char to this environment. To do so he cannot be a typical textbook throw char.
#9  November 07, 2018, 11:11:56 pm
Pure grapplers tend to be worse, too, so Jiren's better off. :P

On the blocking thing, I feel that having him tank hits better matches with how he was portrayed in Super. Actually, if you wanted to throw in a cool reference, there was that scene where Goku cycles through his forms and Jiren very gradually ramps up his defense. First being passively shielded by his aura, then tanking the move, then blocking it, and finally actually bother to dodge.

https://youtu.be/tXSNYsFfjvI?t=62

So maybe you could have it so that he has a subdued animation where he tanks weaker moves and only has a second, more "proper" blocking animation for stronger ones. Of course, that would be more work to have more than one animation, assuming it can even be done (I don't know the limitations of MUGEN), so I'll just leave that idea on the table and not push it.
#10  November 08, 2018, 02:53:47 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#11  November 09, 2018, 10:50:45 am
    • Brazil
I've been curious about this guard animation for a while, will this orange effect show up with every single attack? Because seeing it restart again and again in rapid succession with multi-hitting moves is gonna be odd
#12  November 19, 2018, 05:46:39 pm
    • Brazil
I've been curious about this guard animation for a while, will this orange effect show up with every single attack? Because seeing it restart again and again in rapid succession with multi-hitting moves is gonna be odd

isn't that animation for an attack tho? he didn't say anything, merely posted the animation, it could be anything.
#13  November 20, 2018, 12:10:29 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
reminds me of an advancing guard lol
#14  November 20, 2018, 10:47:43 am
    • Brazil

isn't that animation for an attack tho? he didn't say anything, merely posted the animation, it could be anything.

Gate called this his guard animation when they posted it on Twitter and DeviantART
#15  November 20, 2018, 11:41:09 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Its the shielding animation. Jnp couldve said that.
#16  January 01, 2019, 08:40:14 pm
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
Hmm...a grappler huh...by the way is interesting and i obviously know that he is not gonna be zangief but in the majority of his moves he will have other commands like D-DF-F or press rapidly the puch or kick button or something like that,for what i have seen in the deviantart an this thread i dont know what to say in concrete but i know that you guys will make Jiren badass as always he is in the series...and just for hype:

What can i say...im just good giving support.
#17  January 01, 2019, 10:49:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hi dude, thats art by the jiren spriter indeed . You might be interested in joining the discord as well since youll be able to follow up on things as they develop up close.

Glad you enjoy the game and are having fun with it.

invite to the discord
https://discord.gg/bucKYr
#18  January 03, 2019, 03:34:10 pm
    • Mexico
    • cucco77@hotmail.com
Hmm...a grappler huh...by the way is interesting and i obviously know that he is not gonna be zangief but in the majority of his moves he will have other commands like D-DF-F or press rapidly the puch or kick button or something like that,for what i have seen in the deviantart an this thread i dont know what to say in concrete but i know that you guys will make Jiren badass as always he is in the series...and just for hype:

Man, that pic looks sooo good! Hopefully it becomes real on day.
#19  January 05, 2019, 12:54:31 am
  • The Fan of Everyone that post Cool Stuff!
  • Supporting the cool work!!!
    • Venezuela
Hi dude, thats art by the jiren spriter indeed . You might be interested in joining the discord as well since youll be able to follow up on things as they develop up close.

Glad you enjoy the game and are having fun with it.

invite to the discord
https://discord.gg/bucKYr

hey bro,i dont enter to the discord,its says that the invitation expired...so,send me a friend invitation(my account is KingHiroshima with the profile photo of the Infamous Iron Man)

What can i say...im just good giving support.
#20  January 06, 2019, 01:44:55 am
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast