NiO artwork (Read 166939 times)

Started by NiO ErZeBeTh, February 20, 2015, 01:09:58 pm
NiO artwork
#1  February 20, 2015, 01:09:58 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
hello again Mugen Guild, I haven't been really active on Mugen or the forum lately, mostly just a lurker... anyways, I have been practicing a bit with my digital pen and this is some artwork I have made so far

you can see my stuff on my deviant art ---> http://nio107.deviantart.com/

and about sprite things, well I have made a few things Super Nintendo related but I'm not sure if I can show them yet, because will be put in commercial use soon

will be trying to do new art this days as soon as I get inspiration xD
            Zorf Giudecca
Re: NiO artwork
#2  February 26, 2015, 03:45:36 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
another videogame related artwork I did, based in their Super C images

Zorf Giudecca
#3  March 04, 2015, 05:00:47 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#4  March 04, 2015, 05:07:55 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
You know, that standing animation is really lively looking to me, and it's also pretty smooth. It's really amazing, in general. But something really needs to be done about that hand. Not only it looks tiny, but I also can't make out anything out of those fingers, and the thumb is just way too weird too.

Shit
#5  March 04, 2015, 06:09:27 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm editing the hand and the lower thing of the shirt right now, hope it helps to make the hand look right, because it's no that is small, the position of it makes it look that way, fingers are supposed to be facing nearly to us...

maybe adding some shadow there will do the trick

as soon as I finish the work today I will upload a gif or video to showcase changes

=============================================================================

Here, the finished version, until I find something I need to change later, I think I'm done with it so far!

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:52:28 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#6  March 05, 2015, 05:22:40 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
new WIP
possible portrait for my character...

the question is... should I add his shadows ala KOF or kinda Guilty Gear'ish?

Zorf Giudecca
#7  March 05, 2015, 05:36:58 am
  • Shit
I would rather have it look like KOF in here, given this is a KOF-ish character.

Shit
#8  March 05, 2015, 05:59:45 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I'm doing something in the middle between those styles, because there's already a KOF version of it made by Chamat and I want something more neutral (not sure if the character will have a KOF gameplay anyway) xD

It's kinda nice to see some fan art fo this character, that's one of the things that inspire me to make sprites

EDIT:===========================================

I'm gonna sleep one or two hours, here is the last update

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:33:50 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#9  March 05, 2015, 11:45:40 am
  • Shit
Oh damn, that's looking good so far.

Shit
#10  March 06, 2015, 05:08:31 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
this is how it ended... it's curious that making a resize to low resolution sprite it ended looking like a cvs thing

Zorf Giudecca
#11  March 06, 2015, 06:46:00 am
  • Shit
That's a pretty nice result, but his outfit seems to be a different type of purple in there. What gives?

Shit
#12  March 06, 2015, 09:53:46 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
just messing around xD

anyways... here another animation, I did a block animation and it was used to make the light

Zorf Giudecca
#13  March 28, 2015, 06:12:35 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Now it's time for one of my all time favorites... Black Cat, taken from the character made by Ilusionista (not sure if  he did the sprites)

I like that character a lot, but I have always believe she could be better, mostly her face, it's not bad, I just think it could be better... so I was awake without sleeping and did this... I tried to make something MVCish but don't really feel like it, seems more like a CVS thing to me, and btw those shiny lines are a pain (I don't really feel the original ones and not really much this newer ones) xD

Anyways, maybe in a future I will do a patch for that character, I do like my result (not convinced for the clothes yet, but face is a win)

Zorf Giudecca
#14  March 28, 2015, 06:13:54 pm
    • Argentina
The sprites were made by Xfields and Beja :)

I like the edit, Ño :P
#15  April 05, 2015, 05:55:33 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Something new... NSFW (it contains nudity-topless)
it was something like a comission-challengue... so it's done, 4 left!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also another one I just found x)

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 06:00:14 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#16  April 06, 2015, 02:32:39 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#17  April 06, 2015, 06:04:56 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
leona does nto wear a thong below her short, tho I udnerstand it is a compromise as she goes commando.
#18  April 08, 2015, 03:48:37 am
  • Coming Soon - Alure R. Vermilion -
you draw and colored or only colored?
#19  April 08, 2015, 05:52:47 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Both, I make the art and paint them
            Zorf Giudecca
#20  April 09, 2015, 09:05:40 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
this is an old one, I just fixed a few things (sadly it wasn't layered anymore) xD

Zorf Giudecca
#21  April 12, 2015, 02:47:59 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
A newer one!

Zorf Giudecca
#22  April 28, 2015, 12:36:14 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Another thing from me...

A few days ago I read in this very forum that Chochuryu is kinda a good creator and a bad creator at the same time...
So, he made some post on a FB group and I decided to tell him that he needs to improve, all the things I read here about his works... people started to tell me to calm down, thinking i was being rude with him, and maybe I was xD

Anyways, I told him he needs to stop rushing his creations and he seem to take my feedback gladly, at the same time, I amade an offer to help him to edit and fix some of his Oni sprites... he send me the standingg animation and I  change it...  I don't know if it's really suppose to be CVS or original style... I'm really bad to copy styles, but I did what I can with the available colors... here the changes

Once I did that changes I was kinda into it and make a few frames for the standing animation...

So now he needs to add a few frames or details to it or get someone else to do it...

EDIT: bleh, I'm just seein a lot of errors right now xD

our left arm looks tiny, and a few pixels on the pants need to be removed
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 12:49:05 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#23  April 28, 2015, 02:29:48 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
this is a really great improvement
love how his face look now
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#24  April 28, 2015, 03:02:12 pm
  • Shit
Yeah, the differences are night and day. Your edit made it just look so much better. The only thing bothering the most right now is how he belt looks, it just feels oddly round and a bit pillow shaded.

As for the animation, I personally think it's better if he moves up mostly his forearm, rather than dragging his entire arm up. Would be nice to see the hand lightly changing perspective (or at least it's pose, slightly) as it moved.

Shit
#25  April 29, 2015, 01:36:23 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Maybe if I feel like it and have time I will try to improve it today, if not, I will wait for Chochu opinion or edit to it

I was mostly afraid into putting detail on it and made it look KOFish, because I had that issue with my first attempt, gonna make a few more things if time is not impeding it
            Zorf Giudecca
#26  April 29, 2015, 02:08:44 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
If you don't mind, I made some improvements:

Broke the lines a bit, lighted some of them, and fixed his timing to be more slower and ominous. :)

Also, to be honest, chuchoryu's not gonna fix his "perfect" sprites anytime soon, sooooo...... yeah.
This is a generic forum signature.
#27  April 29, 2015, 04:22:39 am
  • Shit
That certainly looks a lot better already, and breaking the lines in anti alias is something really important in the CvS style. The only thing that seems to lack some line breaking now would be his feet, because they just got some weird anti alias going on. That and he got a really long mouth there.

There are other things that are bothering me, and I'd love to just take the animation and edit it by myself to apply some chances-- such as making his legs move in very slightly as he breathes in. Sadly, I'm unable to give much attention to things outside commissions.

Shit
#28  April 29, 2015, 04:31:45 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That certainly looks a lot better already, and breaking the lines in anti alias is something really important in the CvS style. The only thing that seems to lack some line breaking now would be his feet, because they just got some weird anti alias going on. That and he got a really long mouth there.

There are other things that are bothering me, and I'd love to just take the animation and edit it by myself to apply some chances-- such as making his legs move in very slightly as he breathes in. Sadly, I'm unable to give much attention to things outside commissions.

I would have done those things, but I decided to leave that stuff to NiO, since I'm already caught up between Kyo XIII and Demitri, so I just edited what bothered me, and decided to let him sort out the rest. :P
#29  April 29, 2015, 09:44:23 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I would liked to see what you could do...

And of course I don't get mad at all when people help to improve things, in fact, one idea I would like to implement is to make .sff patches for some characters to create or edit standing animations, I haven't made that, just a long time ago with Eiji Shirow by Rikard... but I'm learning a lot and would like to make that sometime soon

I'm gonna take your edit and edit a few things and hopefully we get a decent animation and we can make Chuchoryu learn a few things and make better decisions soon
=======================

EDIT: I did changes to him, still needs work, but I think I'm done with it xD

the timing should be changed to get BlackHatter results, I just added a few frames, changed a few more pixels and add them togheter with Photoscape with 8 tics each frame

here ya go, feel ffree to improve it!

Zorf Giudecca
#30  April 29, 2015, 01:22:18 pm
  • Shit
Damn, that looks a hell lot smoother. I might be wrong, but do I see afterimages going on his right arm?

Shit
#31  May 25, 2015, 10:39:50 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Something new... going to use them for a Screenpack I'm trying do edit x)

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 11:48:31 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#32  May 25, 2015, 12:46:56 pm
  • Shit
I honestly wasn't expecting to see that SvC Alex portrait. It sure got me surprised, and I dig it.

Shit
#33  May 25, 2015, 08:41:24 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
OH MY GOD, that Joe and Alex port... :shocked2:

I need to look into making something like that for Kyosuke. Keep it up man!! :D :D
#34  May 25, 2015, 09:02:27 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
You have some nice stuff here. keep it up
#35  May 26, 2015, 06:25:18 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
thanks for your comments, I did this one today...

I was making Raiden when I suddenly selected one layer and painted in the original one, and I can't reverse the mess I did, and he was already looking SVC enough u.u

anyways, Gouken based on a more free-mugen style

Zorf Giudecca
#36  May 26, 2015, 10:05:10 pm
I will be the bastard guy and say I don't like them because I can easily recognize the bases, but I can see why you would do that.

Gouken's beard's shading could be touched up a little more to show the shadows, it's too light, especially in the jaw area, but also the chin beard: it doesn't blend well with the rest. Same for his hair.
Alex's face seems to have another hue, compared to his body's.
Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:40:52 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#37  May 27, 2015, 12:24:47 am
  • Shit
I just noticed that Alex still has Guile's dog tag in there too, now that I've looked at it again. Also, I just realized that one of them is meant to be Rugal, but when I saw it, I really thought it was just some evil version of Ken or an OC. You really need to do something about the Ken hair on Rugal there.

Shit
#38  May 27, 2015, 04:44:02 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Yeah, I was aware of the Guile thing on Alex but I'm not an expert and I don't want to make a mess on them

Alex's face has the same Hue than his body because I just edited Guile and added the hair, trying to mimic the style, Gouken face is similar but not the same face of Sagat, you can blame me there for not having many options to work with xD
I did see the thing you say about the beard, I miss it before

I'm happy with the results so far, considering I'm not an expert in any way, I did something I didn't think I could

Btw, I like Rugal's hair like that, make him loos more like the Omega Rugal (by Ahuron I think) from Mugen

Zorf Giudecca
#39  May 27, 2015, 04:54:37 am
  • Shit
The freakiest hairstyle I remember that Rugal had was the '95 Omega Rugal:

And it still looks nothing like Ken. Not only does Rugal's hair works differently, but the back of it is also a lot longer than Ken's.

Shit
#40  August 17, 2015, 08:18:27 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Well updating with a few stuff and I'm seriously thinking about taking paid comissions to make portraits (or artwork) to get a few bucks and use them for a future Pc..

If you want to check the styles I can do, you can see my Deviant Art, but I'm warning you, it's NSFW... AGAIN NSFW

http://nio107.deviantart.com/gallery/

So, I'm thinking... what would be a fair price for them?

I know there are tons of artworks out there, but maybe someone wants something to be converted or pixelated as a portrait

I did this 2 an they can serve as an example... they are not really detailed but can show you my style a bit... they are based on CCI art btw...
I hope someone can help me decide to see if I can take comissions with a fair price, I also need to investigate if I can send paypal money to my credit card, if not, well would be kinda useless x(

Zorf Giudecca
#41  August 17, 2015, 06:34:05 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
about the price, try to estimate how many hours does it take, then use that as a basis , crossed over with how much you make at your day time job; sicne you are in mx (?) so for something that takes one hour you could charge something between 5-10 usd , if i takes more time just multiply by the hours (if 10 feels too cheap because either you make more omney than average or because you are tired and you need to charge as extra hours go higher until it feels apropiate). basically, charge per hour for somethign that feels fair for you, and this being deviantart, you migth want to charge extra for certain fetishes, like charging double for furry.

about paypal to credit card, it shoudl be possible, we are in the same country and I have been able to do it just fine (it just takes a few days to process)

#42  August 17, 2015, 09:05:34 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
yeah, I was told it's possible, but the genius of me put my FB name on the paypal and my real name is on the credit card and I can't link them for that reason unless I send a fax with documents and blah blah blah

gonna ask if it's possible to make a new mail-paypal and put my real name there to link them together to start tet process to get a new laptop (my last one cost me 700 dls and for diverse reasons I wasn't able to access my guarantee neither on the market or the Vizio site, and well, was a waste of money, I have tried to fixde multiple times by multiple people and stills gives me troubles.... and well, I want another x_x )

I think I'm gonna make something like a table, let's say lineart only = $x, lineart and color layers = $y, and etc etc
gonna stalk Chamat prices to get an idea x)
            Zorf Giudecca
#43  August 17, 2015, 09:27:40 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I think you should link your Paypal account to your debit, IIRC Sean Altly's Haggar thread, Garuda had a hard time getting the payment to Sean because he linked his Paypal to his credit rather than his debit, if memory serves right.

For artwork prices, I think taking a look at MotorRoach, Diepod, or Daeron could give you a better idea on artwork prices.

Chamat could work for pixel art prices (IDK if Chamat does artwork though, if he does, disregard these two sentences)
#44  August 18, 2015, 01:49:46 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I mostly prefer to do simple artwork at a cheap-fair price  than huge or detailed ones, hope they can help me out, my card is a debit one, I get paid there so I hope it works :D
            Zorf Giudecca
#45  August 20, 2015, 09:58:39 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
a few years ago I wanted to make an AVGN character... I did a few sprites, I got a few soundclips from Arthas (a user back then) but I lost all my stuff in a HD crash, and even if I could recover them I had just a really few things done, but I still have the original idea I did...

and well, I downloaded the character by Duckuss and make this spriteswap to see if it works
1st one is the original face, intended to be an edit from Seth (KOF02), 2nd one is the same face edited to be a bit more cartoonish

also, still need suggestions about the comission thingy!
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:32:18 am by NiO KuSaNaGi
#46  August 31, 2015, 01:41:09 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I don't remember if I already post this before... it doesn't show nudity, but the character (Mileena) is topless so, to avoid any trouble I will put it on Spoiler as a NSFW thing...

Here is my OLD vs NEW... I really like the result of the new one (but not sure if I will keep it like that or mess around with it again someday) xD

you can see the full size image (right one) on my deviant account

http://nio107.deviantart.com/art/Mileena-Mortal-Kombat-X-Revamped-557378100
            Zorf Giudecca
#47  August 31, 2015, 01:47:36 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Saw this over at dA earlier, the new shading is really great, I really like it bro.
You still doing it with a mouse though?
#48  August 31, 2015, 01:56:21 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I used to, but I got a Bamboo Wacom that works really nice most of the times (yeah, sometimes it goes crazy and works like if I was holding the pen alll the time)...

I also discovered the Paint Tool SAI program, it helps a lot to paint, some of  my older draws were made with photoshop and  I'm not a pro, SAI made things easier
            Zorf Giudecca
#49  September 04, 2015, 05:25:41 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
My attempt at CVS sprites, this time Kula based on her KOF 2000-XIII sprite and watching a few sprites from CVS Kim and a CVS Kula edit, maybe it needs a few tweaks to look more accurate to CVS sprites, but I liked the result

Zorf Giudecca

lui

#50  September 04, 2015, 08:09:46 am
    • USA
you're getting there, but the lightsource for her legs are wrong, they look like they're coming from the front, not up
#51  September 04, 2015, 08:45:16 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I liked it, but what Walrusluis said + maybe more vibrant coloursfor hair.

Aside that, it's awesome :)!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#52  September 04, 2015, 09:59:17 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, Kula seems like a hard character to convert... I tried to give her legs the light coming from the sky reflecting in the lower part but I'm not sure  yet how would I fix it
            Zorf Giudecca

lui

#53  September 04, 2015, 10:04:16 am
    • USA
i think its more of a proportion thing, KOF's native proportions don't really mesh well together with CvS if you were to just reshade their sprites, you'll have to basically redraw her proportions in order to fit in with capcom's art style, its much more than a reshade. take a look at alex sinigalgia's kula sprite and you'll see what i mean.
#54  September 04, 2015, 08:58:00 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I sprited her body from KOFXIII and tried to give her a CVS cartoonish style, used the KOF00 sprite for comparison and to avoid the same body shape... I also wanted to make her a bit more "rounded" if that's how I can described, as seen on some images were Kula doesn't have a flat ass xD

what would be a good character to observe and fix Kula?
(I used Kim as a base and my memory when I sprited Ken in CVS) 

Zorf Giudecca
#55  September 05, 2015, 12:44:00 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
iirc, cvs yuri they have the same body measurements
#56  September 16, 2015, 05:21:20 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Another CVS atempt, this time I made my version of Juri from SF4

bases used Kim, King and Mika, also some this sprite edits by JSevion and I used his foots as a base
            Zorf Giudecca
#57  October 13, 2015, 06:28:04 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
added something new... I saw an image on DA and I wanted to make something similar to use on a SP, but I'm not good making that stuff so I just stop it but I think it was cool enough to share, maybe someone could find it useful

Zorf Giudecca
#58  October 14, 2015, 10:12:52 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
well, making an screenpack idea... there's some nice screenpacks out there, but I can't get one that I'm 100% comfortable with, so I'm trying to put ideas to make a new one (not sure if I'm gonna be able to do it, but at least I'm doing something xD)

screenpack menu idea (I could get better fonts) and add a few things maybe

Ryu edit I did to use in this Sp idea (I wanted to use KOF edits because those are the ones I use the most, and also I want them to be edits so they represent what Mugen is about

Zorf Giudecca
#59  October 14, 2015, 10:32:34 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
That Ryu looks awesome! I'd love to see more of these.
#60  October 14, 2015, 12:00:18 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
thanks, I know it has some flaws and maybe could be better, but as a photoshop noob I'm more than satisfied with the result

also, I added more stuff to the idea

Ideas I have are:

-world map moving to the right (repeating itself always)
-character protraits with another layer in the background (transparency) to add some color changes in it and make it look more alive)
-possibly the Everything vs Everything fonts moving to the right or left and repeating
-fonts in red line fading (appearing and disappearing)

and I think that's all for the Menu, I don't know how to do it, but I'm gonna make what's needed and later ask for help
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:04:48 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#61  October 14, 2015, 01:58:14 pm
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Looks really nice Nio. Great work so far. Like the ideas you have behind animating it to make it more vivid. Looking forward to seeing how it develops. :)
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#62  October 15, 2015, 05:31:12 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
made this for Swipergod, any feedback or better yet fixing would be appreciated

also, about the screenpack idea... should I edit again Ryu to resamble Evil Ryu (mugen one)?
if you see, I put there mugen edits, Kyo_MI, Another Iori (need the moon, didn't remember that) and Maaxima Type-B... Ryu is the only reguular one and I'm not to sure if I should leave it like that

thoughts?

UPDATE:

Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:54:33 pm by NiO KuSaNaGi
#63  October 15, 2015, 06:24:08 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
SP looks pretty good so far. Maybe change the "Everything vs. Everything" line with something like "The Ultimate Clash of Fighters" or something?
#64  October 22, 2015, 09:22:54 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
here is something I did for Melcore as a comission

he is making some good portraits in KOF03 and helping Swipergod in his KOF-E game

go ahead and give feedback dudes, would be highly appreciated

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/kof-2003-portrait-project-158029.0.html

Mr.Karate is already sent, he will upload him as soon as he fix a few things he think could be better done
            Zorf Giudecca
#65  October 26, 2015, 08:40:43 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Another comission done (this are a kind of a challenge thing between my brother and me)

it was a more reaslistic draw until I added that shadow that kinda reminds me umvc3 artwork, I like it so I leave it there)
            Zorf Giudecca
#66  October 26, 2015, 01:02:23 pm
  • Shit
You know, this is pretty decent. I really like how well done the brightening on her sleeves looks like.

Shit
#67  October 26, 2015, 10:35:22 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
I love it.
#68  October 28, 2015, 12:27:46 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
it took me a lot of time (didn't count the hours) but I liked the result a lot...

here is, my favorite MVC2 character, Rogue

there's also a NSFW version in my DA account

http://nio107.deviantart.com/
            Zorf Giudecca
#69  November 06, 2015, 04:55:41 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
How did I miss this!? That Rogue looks great man!
#70  February 02, 2016, 12:29:46 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#71  August 22, 2019, 11:14:39 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I have been absent from Mugen and forums for years, I was working on a NES game (Deadpool rom hack from Ninja Gaiden), and trying to improve drawing mostly, since I wanted to improve and I bought an iPad I started to sprite again too, and I remember Duracelleur made an edit with a few unfinished sprites I made years ago for Zorf Giudecca character, I got an edit from his edit and saw the potential from at least make it look a bit more complete or less beta with the sprites he edited, trying to make them blend better, so, Im gonna do a few edits so Duracelleur can update his version (we already talked about it).

I have made also new art that I might share here too.

You can see the concepts here:
Also some draws I edited or did completely from scratch

This is a large image so Im using a spoiler.
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:19:31 am by NiO ErZeBeTh
#72  September 01, 2019, 09:14:35 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Another one, this was more an update than a new draw, anyways... Dark Queen from Battletoads.

Zorf Giudecca
#73  September 01, 2019, 11:16:14 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
nice!!
can you tell what you used for the lower left light part of the rusty element.
What kind of brush settings or texture ??
Thanks
Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:15:36 pm by AlexSin
#74  September 01, 2019, 03:18:54 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
nice!!
can you tell what you used for the lower left light part of the rusty element.
What kind of brush settings or texture ??
Thanks

To be honest I dont remember how I got that result, the image was based on a picture of Pr0n actress, so moving around filters and pen I got that.

I just finished this one, my father drew him like 22 years ago, its called Cazador de diablos (mmh something like Demon’s hunter) and well, I had a picture and decided to make this update or remake of him.

Zorf Giudecca
#75  September 05, 2019, 12:56:30 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
New image, edited from one image some post above on spoiler.

She is Replika, clon of my OC Zilvia and Zorf.

Zorf Giudecca
#76  November 22, 2019, 10:54:05 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#77  December 01, 2019, 11:03:31 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Another one just finished.

Zorf Giudecca
#78  February 11, 2020, 02:33:24 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
            Zorf Giudecca
#79  February 11, 2020, 05:13:16 pm
  • Nothing lasts forever Jack
    • Argentina
    • simonrojasnoel@hotmail.com
Omg I've never seen this thread, I really love that black cat, nice job.
#80  March 22, 2020, 08:29:51 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I liked my Wonder Woman draw, but I wasnt satisfied enough, so I updated it.

I think it looks better now.

Zorf Giudecca
#81  March 22, 2020, 02:05:38 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org

Your art style is so good, I'm in love :smitten:
#82  March 22, 2020, 05:37:52 pm
    • Argentina
    • matrerog@yahoo.com.ar
The Wonder Woman and Black Cat illustrations are very good. I congratulate you and thanks for sharing your art.
#83  April 10, 2020, 05:43:15 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Thank you.

Here is a new one, details could be missing because I wasnt able to find Hd pictures to compare as I wanted.

Zorf Giudecca
#84  May 25, 2020, 08:22:53 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Years ago I started trying to do a Mugen edit, turning Another Leona into Lien Neville, back then and maybe even now I wasnt really interested on accuracy to source material, I just wanted to sprite, Riccochet and I did some work on her, ugly to be honest hahaha but was something we were working.

Years later Thedge join us, we worked on her but later we split up and we didnt do much after that, we havent talked in years, but he did more accurate stuff to her.

Still, I dont want his time and my time to be totally wasted, so latelly I started to update some animations to the character and asked Elocomon some help with her.

Here are some new animations, far from perfect but believe me, a lot more consistent.

Dont pay attention to the velocity of frames, they are kinda random, just used to sprite (thats the program fault, velocities are weird).

Zorf Giudecca
#85  May 25, 2020, 11:02:35 pm
    • USA
Shit is that  girl from Maximum Impact in KoF style,  walk animation Kitana?  Crouch looks wierd a lil off,
This is good,  you can probably draw the animation from Maximum Impact,
#86  May 25, 2020, 11:22:33 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Im still thinking to add another frame to the crouching one even if its less accurate, from what I remember thats how it was in MI but maybe Im wrong.

Those colors are used because the color separation, original colors (black/yellow) look better imo.
            Zorf Giudecca
#87  May 25, 2020, 11:33:04 pm
    • USA

There you go Leona Lover, Liens movesets,  in great quality
Your right about that crouch, probably need a tweek, its fine as it is  if you plan to go through with Lien

Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 11:42:42 pm by BXR
#88  May 25, 2020, 11:45:43 pm
  • Also in the sky, the strength of love has wings...
    • Mexico
If possible, I'd help with her Special Intros against boys and men, pal.
#89  May 30, 2020, 08:42:43 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Thanks to both, I sAw the first video, will help to make her more accurate.

This are the first, some of them will help to frankensprite something else, also I just uodated her hair and a few other things, would be easier to sprite and also better looking.

Winpose can be used as an intro, walk forward as walk backwards, and low punch as other of her punches (the sliding one) but I will see.
            Zorf Giudecca
#90  June 03, 2020, 12:42:59 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
One more updated today.

My main goal was just to fix a few sprites, but now Im editing them all for various reasons, I wanted them to be more consistent in everything, faces, hair, shadows, body type, etc.

Mostly because there are some animations that were too big, like 4 or 5 pixels taller, and some others were the opposite, also some were really skinny and lots of them were too dark (mostly on the legs), so I have been fixing all that, some animations have been nearly edited like 80 or 90% of every sprite and I wanted to do something simple at first.

Anyways, she will look better and cooler than before.
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:16:13 pm by NiO ErZeBeTh
#91  June 03, 2020, 01:36:06 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Nice updates bro
#92  June 05, 2020, 03:48:45 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Thanks!

A new one, running animation.
            Zorf Giudecca
#93  June 05, 2020, 12:38:09 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Adding another one... Some times I wonder if it would be easier to make them from scratch.  :mlol:

So far 9 animations done, some of them will be useful for another animations, but for now, I think its a big improvement.
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 01:08:08 pm by NiO ErZeBeTh
#94  June 05, 2020, 02:31:31 pm
    • Peru
One more updated today.

My main goal was just to fix a few sprites, but now Im editing them all for various reasons, I wanted them to be more consistent in everything, faces, hair, shadows, body type, etc.

Mostly because there are some animations that were too big, like 4 or 5 pixels taller, and some others were the opposite, also some were really skinny and lots of them were too dark (mostly on the legs), so I have been fixing all that, some animations have been nearly edited like 80 or 90% of every sprite and I wanted to do something simple at first.

I really like their sprites, I made a little touch-up with the idea of ​​improving the body a little, will you make the complete set of sprites?

#95  June 05, 2020, 03:05:53 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
She is already done. Thedge and Nio finished her a long while back.
Nio is just redoing sprites
#96  June 05, 2020, 04:37:38 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#97  June 05, 2020, 10:44:27 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
One more updated today.

I really like their sprites, I made a little touch-up with the idea of ​​improving the body a little, will you make the complete set of sprites?

Nice update, I was satisfyed with the result of mine (mostly because if you compare it with the original ones there is a world of difference), but yours looks better.

The character is playable already, it doesnt look quite bad, but not quite good either, thats why Im redoing her sprites, because some were good, some bad, some were really smaller, others a lot bigger, etc.

My goal is to make her more consistent and release her so Thedge and I didnt work years on her and leave her as a beta.
            Zorf Giudecca
#98  June 05, 2020, 11:11:52 pm
  • SNK is life
By the way, a main thing that could be a very quick fix to get that animation closer to perfection would be to stop the boot in the front foot from sliding. Usually that's not what the human body does with inertia.
#99  June 06, 2020, 12:15:52 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
By the way, a main thing that could be a very quick fix to get that animation closer to perfection would be to stop the boot in the front foot from sliding. Usually that's not what the human body does with inertia.

I see, indeed it was supposed to be the other way around, the foot on the left should be the one moving backwards, the one on the front should be kinda pushing the body.

Will fix that, my mistake, thanks.
            Zorf Giudecca
#100  June 07, 2020, 07:26:43 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Neutral jump is updated now.

Hope some frames are used on Forward Jump too.

UPDATE: added High Punch (far)

So far now we have:

Standing
Walking (could be repeated as walking backwards)
Crouching
Neutral Jump
Running
Close Low Punch
Super Move Kick1
Super Move Kick2
Ground Punch
Intro/Winpose
Far High Punch

Probably Next Step would be the Jump Forward.
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 10:15:45 am by NiO ErZeBeTh
#101  June 07, 2020, 02:05:26 pm
  • Michael Romance
  • I wish you peace!
    • Brazil
impressive! please keep up.
#102  June 07, 2020, 04:24:08 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Neutral jump is updated now.

Hope some frames are used on Forward Jump too.

UPDATE: added High Punch (far)

So far now we have:

Standing
Walking (could be repeated as walking backwards)
Crouching
Neutral Jump
Running
Close Low Punch
Super Move Kick1
Super Move Kick2
Ground Punch
Intro/Winpose
Jump Forward
Far High Punch

Probably Next Step would be the Jump Forward.

Added another one

impressive! please keep up.

Thank you
            Zorf Giudecca
Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 04:29:27 pm by NiO ErZeBeTh
#103  June 15, 2020, 06:14:09 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Wanted to sprite again today, but instead of Lien I wanted to try my OC, Zorf Giudecca, because I have seen him compared to Iori many times and yes, I used Iori as a base for his standing animation but other than that I tried to sprite him without a base, maybe with not good results.

Anyways, because I dont want people to call him a Iori edit I made a new design today, I have made planty designs before so I tried something different but keeping the style.

Zorf Giudecca
#104  June 18, 2020, 04:57:42 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
I think its finished, Zorf Giudecca new design.

Zorf Giudecca
#105  June 18, 2020, 05:26:35 pm
Amazing and hipnotic work, Mr. Ño <3
#106  June 18, 2020, 07:32:02 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome works, he looks pretty solid.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#107  June 20, 2020, 03:09:01 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Thanks to both.

Another animation, Close HP for Lien.

Zorf Giudecca
#108  August 17, 2021, 12:17:13 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none

Newer artwork I forgot to share here.

More on my DA.

Right now Im working on an update for a Mileena I made some time ago.

Zorf Giudecca
#109  September 21, 2021, 09:26:27 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
A new work in progress.

Zorf Giudecca
#110  September 22, 2021, 01:40:06 pm
  • Mingnon Wins yay!
    • USA
    • www.webs.com/videoman190
#111  September 26, 2021, 02:04:46 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
For some odd reason I wasnt able to reply.

Well, I dont know anything abput 3d models but it sounds interesting, might check it out, thanks.

Also.

Zorf Giudecca
#112  October 01, 2021, 07:17:52 pm
  • L.E.O.N here o/
    • Brazil
You art looks amazing Nio!! Great job!  :thumbsup:
#113  November 09, 2021, 04:12:02 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none

This was a comission and a challenge/practice from Melcore.

He wanted his original character to have a 02um styled portrait, so I tried to emulate it using a few existing parts too.

He gave me permission to upload, so this can be useful for more people.

Thank you, again.
            Zorf Giudecca
#114  November 11, 2021, 09:26:32 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Face and muscle definition looking very close to Hiroaki style, pretty impressive  :thumbsup:
Chilling
#115  November 11, 2021, 09:48:55 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Interesting...

Hiroaki's style is not easy to replicate.
Because for some, it looks very messy, but it's just really dynamic and effective.

Your portrait about this longhair guy OC is pretty good.
Sure this closer arm is mostly based on some existing artwork, right? Ralf I suppose (?)
Face is also famillliar... but not sure
#116  November 12, 2021, 12:08:49 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Yes, face is from Yashiro and arms from Ralf, I tried to merge both the best I could.
            Zorf Giudecca
#117  February 05, 2022, 10:45:42 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
New Wonder Woman artwork, kinda NSFW.

Zorf Giudecca
#118  August 12, 2022, 11:42:00 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
A newer one.

Zorf Giudecca
#119  August 13, 2022, 01:52:13 am
OH MAI GOD PERRA
#120  August 28, 2022, 12:48:18 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Another artwork I made:

Zorf Giudecca
#121  August 28, 2022, 02:02:40 pm
    • Netherlands
That is some slick artwork!
"Such Heroic Nonsense!"

#122  October 12, 2022, 08:01:12 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Thank you.

Another one, based of a new scan that shows a possible Black box of the Legend of Zelda.

Original is really blured, but tried to keep it as close as possible.

Zorf Giudecca
#123  December 07, 2022, 02:30:05 pm
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Juri.

Also an alternate version on my DA.

Zorf Giudecca
#124  August 02, 2023, 04:15:26 am
  • Spoiler
    • Mexico
    • none
Another one, in this case mostly an edit of the existing concept art from Juri, I clean up the sketched lines and changed various things but mostly her face, I didnt like the one she had.

Zorf Giudecca