YesNoOk

Is there a way that the PS3 can run MUGEN? (Read 3092 times)

Started by Rubicai, March 12, 2020, 02:51:39 am
Share this topic:
Is there a way that the PS3 can run MUGEN?
#1  March 12, 2020, 02:51:39 am
    • Spain
Well, I've been playing MUGEN for a year or so and I was curious if there was any way that by hacking the PS3 or something I could play MUGEN on it, since I play it on a laptop and the PS3 is connected to the TV, and also because I'd like to play it with a friend using two controllers (or even four if the co-op allows it). I've read that paintown works fine but the MUGEN version in it is a bit old and although I haven't tried it it seems that most of my characters won't work. Anyways thank you for reading and if you've got an answer please tell me because I can't find it anywhere else.
Re: Is there a way that the PS3 can run MUGEN?
#2  March 12, 2020, 03:45:43 am
No.
Why not use an HDMI cable to your TV ?
You can connect more than 1 controller to a laptop.
#3  March 12, 2020, 11:34:14 am
    • Spain
Yeah I know but it's just pure laziness because the PS3 is already connected but I'll do that if there's no other way. Another issue that I find is that when trying to connect two controllers one of them doesn't work, how could I configure both controllers to work?
#4  March 12, 2020, 05:23:12 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
if your computer is picking up both controllers, then mugen should as well. what model of controller is the one thats not working? does windows pick it up? and are you pressing f2 to set the p2 controls?
#5  March 12, 2020, 06:53:15 pm
    • Spain
I use a dualshock 4 v1 to play. If I remember well to set it up I manually changed some things in the system document, but for some reason when I do the same on the second controller it just doesn't work. Like I plug both via USB, and one of them works but the other doesn't. I didn't know about the f2 thing, I'll try it and I'll let you know if it works. Thank you so much
#6  March 12, 2020, 07:04:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
u can use ds4windows to emulate xinput, which should allow your ds4s to work fully with mugen.
#7  March 12, 2020, 07:30:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, I mean, runing mugen in the ps3 means installing linux and stuff, far more work than fixing the computer problems. I am not even sure if the ps3 works properly, the xbox linux mugen thing was soso and I remember the ps3 was said to perform like a 500mhz pentiium iii when loaded with the stuff that it needed to run mugen.