YesNoOk

OBSCURE FIGHTIN´GAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a WIP? (Read 76344 times)

Started by Blue Monkey, March 01, 2012, 01:13:39 am
Share this topic:
OBSCURE FIGHTIN´GAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a WIP?
#1  March 01, 2012, 01:13:39 am
Im a fan of obscure fightings game and by this i mean even the ones owned by big companies that have forgotten about them, trying to figure out how to start my first wii in mugen and  wouldn't want to make a character that somebody else is making

Ill start by posting i would like to see the cast of Primal Rage converted into 1.0 and I'm also feeling weaponlord has no love in this lands.
Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:23:11 am by Blue Monkey
Re: OBSCURE FIGHTINGGAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a wii?
#2  March 01, 2012, 01:48:14 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i'm multitasking but i do like how half of the battle monsters roster has been made thus far

listing because sperge

albiole
chili & pepper
deathmask
strawbelly jam / drethdok
ki-ba / fangore
heart heat harn / headless harn
kaf ka
la fa
makaryudo (could be better tho)
naga
shion
kuja / skythe (could be better tho)
any of the big four

now that that's out of the way i dunno, was thinking of setting up a list for these games but yeah
Re: OBSCURE FIGHTINGGAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a wii?
#3  March 01, 2012, 02:16:57 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
WIP

It's a Work in Progress
#4  March 01, 2012, 02:26:54 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Yie Ar Kung Fu: because we need more 8-bit treatments.

BloodStorm: The awesome and actually playable sequel to Time Killers.

WeaponLord: Because everyone forgets about the spiritual predecessor to Soul Blade/Edge.

Fighters History: It would be cool to have a full roster from this title so us fanboys could create those Street Fighter 2 vs Fighters History matches.

Way of the Warrior: I heard it's near impossible to rip sprites from, but why the hell shouldn't I mention this??

Fight for Life: Alright. Now I'm just joking around....

And why not throw Def Jam in there for good measure??  :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#5  March 01, 2012, 07:34:03 am
@ Melvana yes man, I'm a fan of your work with the Battle monster series and i believe you and kelexto are an important reason why many mugen players have get to know this game in the first place, may i ask what game did you used to sprite them?

If you ever do make a list let me check it out, I'm also a fan of this type of games and i believe i would be more based on creating content from non japanese or at least not very famous japanese games since there is a bigger chance that something from those game gets converted over sees (wink wink Mass and Company) and in a much better way.

@ Avatar of Woe- Yes it was a typo, i corrected it now, thank you

@Saikoro, yes definitely man, but i tough the entered cast of Fighter[s Hiostory had been converted so far, perhaps you mean they haven't been converted to 1.0? I liked the style of Mitsurugi design even over Ryu´s and i believe Capcom took revenge on them copying SF by giving his frontal multiple kick to Dan

Never heard of Fight for Life or Yie Ar Kung Fu but remember reading that some of the latest´s characters have been converted recently. tell me which Weapon lord and Blood Storm are your favorites?

Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:22:41 am by Blue Monkey
#6  March 01, 2012, 08:02:53 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
i'd love to see sett-ra from shaq fu.  :sugoi:
#7  March 01, 2012, 08:09:10 am
ohh man yes i remember that game, personally i would prefer Mephis, tell me guys from a personal point of view which character of what game as been the easiest to program and i mean in there of good playability and accuracy to the source game, I'm an animator but never had any experience in programing and would like to have somewhat of a learning curve.

My aims right now go for a Clay fighter character but I'm not sure, what do you guys think?
#8  March 01, 2012, 08:13:59 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#9  March 01, 2012, 08:19:44 am
indeed it was great fun, s bad it was so short but what it didn't had in a large cast it had in innovative fighting mechanics, i actually anted to start a Wip with a character from this game but i gather it would be quit challenging for a starter programer?
Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:46:46 am by Blue Monkey
Re: OBSCURE FIGHTIN´GAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a WIP?
#10  March 01, 2012, 08:36:02 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I don't know the mechanics, so I have no idea how hard it would be. You can still try.

PS : as said, it's WIP, which stands for Work in Progress, not wii.
Re: OBSCURE FIGHTIN´GAME chars you´d want to see in Mugen and you have one as a WIP?
#11  March 01, 2012, 08:48:24 am
hehe thank you yes i know, i have somewhat of a text corrector and even tough i write WIP it tends to change it if I'm not looking, i recommend you to try it even if its just by emulators i enjoyed that game quite a bit, i think i will go for one of the simplest characters of Clay Fighters 1, i think i will be between Tiny and Helga
#12  March 01, 2012, 02:13:05 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
may i ask what game did you used to sprite them?

there's a lil saturn emulator known as yabause that allows for direct sprite ripping, works easily with a lot of 2d games

sure thing btw, if i ever do stop being lazy and make that list i'll probably just toss a link here

and yeah more shaq fu characters would be pretty cool

also there's ultra vortek and kasumi ninja, but lol jaguar emulation...vortek's STAGES are what i want though, because jeez those are cool
#13  March 01, 2012, 02:28:12 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
WeaponLord: Because everyone forgets about the spiritual predecessor to Soul Blade/Edge.
GOD...that game. I remember buying that game on clearance from a tiny movie rental place that was shutting down back when Blockbuster came to town, because I was drawn in by the Art and weapons in a fighting game after I was hooked with SF2. I still have that cart somewhere. lol

Anyways, I found that game to be HARD AS HELL back then, and it quickly annoyed the shit out of me and never ever played it again. Maybe its time to look back at those stages and see if there's anything worth converting there.

Are there any convertions worth mentioning from Deadly Moves or Slaughter Sport? Both kinda shitty games but still had some nicely done graphics for the time imo.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#14  March 01, 2012, 04:20:24 pm
@Mevana thanks this shall prove to be useful man, yes i would like to give a try to Dradloc but juave to concentrate and start slowly with one character at a time.

@Max Beta i hear you, it was quite hard but rewarding to my taste.

Well, about power moves (Deady Moves) i have Beayon(is), Warren (Cyber Warren) Joe and Ranker o my collection, i don´t know your principles of begin worth mentioning but i can send em to you for you to judge. There was a Mugen project with intentions to bring the whole cast into mugen but it died some years ago.

Hehe i remember Slaughter Sport, the game that won´t let you turn around, haven't seen convertions from it so far.

#15  March 01, 2012, 04:36:09 pm
  • Unmatched beauty
    • Poland
    • www.youtube.com/user/Shunt666
Angus from Kasumi Ninja.
Naga from Battle Monsters.
All the Universe Hero folks not yet converted (preferably by NGI, since I like his style).
A Magic Dunker from Fight Fever that's not a pile o' dookie like Shimon's.
Riggs and Carlos from Shadow: War of Succession.
Shaky Jake from Way of the Warrior.

One can always dream...
#16  March 01, 2012, 04:41:52 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
aghghg naga...if she was rebalanced, maybe?? i can't stand fighting her because she's a cheap-ass bitch. as for characters i'd like to see converted further from there, i'd probably choose ki-ba, la fa and deathmask tho. and a better makaryudo

it's weird because if i ripped a kasumi ninja character, it'd probably be alaric. i dunno why, he just seemed like my first choice....but angus is sort of essential.

i'd also probably go for erika in terms of shadow because you killed my father etc etc. nah but really her design is sorta cool, can't really go wrong with a tux + katana

and i can't even bring up my wishlist for way of the warrior, because then i just get largely depressed since ripping from it is nigh impossible. either way, you bet i'll be using the japanese dub for them if the event of me making a character from there comes up. SHEIKI JEIKU just sounds a lot more badass than standard 'oy shrimp on da barbie' jake
#17  March 01, 2012, 04:50:48 pm
Yes Angus and his fire piss are definitely what people remember when one brings up that game, oh man never played way of the warrior or war of succession neither and to be honest, until now that i saw a video of way of the warrior i always tought Melvana looked like Shaky Jake because he used to have a picture of him on his signature haha

Konotori, Crimson, Fox and Nikki Chan look interesting enough to try em out
#18  March 01, 2012, 04:59:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
A lot of old gmaes had great character designs, only the actual sprites are kinda ugly now.
konami's fighting games come to my mind too, they had good designs and unlike most old games the sprites aged gracefully.
#19  March 01, 2012, 05:00:30 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
    • USA
i always tought Melvana looked like Shaky Jake because he used to have a picture of him on his signature haha

lol i WISH i looked like shaky jake

i'll agree on the side of dragoon might in terms of konami, but not martial champions. those sprites and designs are very bleh.

dm has some really cool characters going for it though. yamoto isn't a half-bad 'main character'

edit: HOW'D I FORGET FUCKIN' RAKUGA KIDS
#20  March 01, 2012, 05:10:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
martial champions was still pretty nice if compared to what was out back then, it's at least as good as what konami and snk were putting out back then character design wise. konami also made tmnt tf during those times, too bad they did not make an arcade version of it.