YesNoOk

How can I avoid getting into custom states? (Read 71304 times)

Started by Ryon, July 15, 2022, 05:18:26 pm
Share this topic:
How can I avoid getting into custom states?
#1  July 15, 2022, 05:18:26 pm
  • "The Future is Now"
Hi me again.
I'm working on a character who has a transformation.
How can I make him not be able to get put into a custom state?

I know I can use nothitby, but some custom moves are not throws and I don't want him hit by it.

Is there a way to detect custom states?
Re: How can I avoid getting into custom states?
#2  July 15, 2022, 07:22:23 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I think for the first one you'd have to use super armor, which I'm not sure you want. You should at least have a Hitoverride against throws though, so Geese and such can't grab the character through counters.

For the second one, you can place a Varset in State -3 to save Gametime to a variable. When Var != Gametime, you are in a custom state.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#3  July 20, 2022, 03:40:02 am

I know I can use nothitby, but some custom moves are not throws and I don't want him hit by it.

I'm assuming your character doesn't have super-armour. Just curious then, why don't you want the transformation to be put custom states?  For e.g. Some ken/ryu's put p2 in custom states with their shoryu's.  I'd be weird for these staple moves to just miss, taking away half their game plan.
#4  July 23, 2022, 12:26:33 am
  • "The Future is Now"

I'm assuming your character doesn't have super-armour. Just curious then, why don't you want the transformation to be put custom states?  For e.g. Some ken/ryu's put p2 in custom states with their shoryu's.  I'd be weird for these staple moves to just miss, taking away half their game plan.

He does NOT have super armor, When doing a transformation code in Mugen. being put into a custom state is the worst possible thing because custom states rely on the mugen standard 5000's in the SFF.
Custom hit animation is fine for normal attacks and supers cause you can tell it to play whatever you want it to.
When your put into a custom state your forced to play whatever animation the enemy tells you to play, which in turn would make you use your PRE transformation sprites, since your enemy doesnt know if you have a transformation or not, or whatever your animations would be.

So My character gets really big with muscles and is almost 3x the size of the regular character.
If he is put into a custom state he will revert to his regular sprites during the custom state, and when he is released he will "pop" back into muscle form.

That's why im looking to find a way to make him not be able to put into a custom state.
I have not tried that yet POTS. Thank you for the feedback! (I was hoping you would reply LOL)
#5  July 23, 2022, 03:47:09 am

He does NOT have super armor, When doing a transformation code in Mugen. being put into a custom state is the worst possible thing because custom states rely on the mugen standard 5000's in the SFF.
Custom hit animation is fine for normal attacks and supers cause you can tell it to play whatever you want it to.
When your put into a custom state your forced to play whatever animation the enemy tells you to play, which in turn would make you use your PRE transformation sprites, since your enemy doesnt know if you have a transformation or not, or whatever your animations would be.

So My character gets really big with muscles and is almost 3x the size of the regular character.
If he is put into a custom state he will revert to his regular sprites during the custom state, and when he is released he will "pop" back into muscle form.

That's why im looking to find a way to make him not be able to put into a custom state.
I have not tried that yet POTS. Thank you for the feedback! (I was hoping you would reply LOL)

If that's the case, then why don't you do something like what the author '280gou' did for his songoku. Don't know if you have him but check him out and see if it's like something you want to do.
This goku retains all his transformed sprites when placed in custom states.  I haven't looked into his code but I think he puts himself into custom get-hit states and plays back the transformed get-hit sprites when placed into a custom state by p1.

It actually looks decent.  However, the drawback is that these animations are pre-determined and not the actual ones set by p1's custom state so it looks wierd when placed in a custom Throw state since throws manipulate sprites to a high degree.  Not the best solution but I think is the optimal one at this point to prevent the issue of reverting back (non-throw custom states).  Since like you said,  your char is 3x as big, it's believable to just make him immune to throws altogether and that should solve that biggest issue.   

#6  July 30, 2022, 07:16:55 pm
    • Ukraine
What about making your character invisible while they are in a custom state and spawn a helper? The helper would then be your visuals, and you would apply proper sprites based on physics.