YesNoOk

Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly (Read 247619 times)

Started by Sean Altly, June 09, 2020, 01:18:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs The World '20 Update by SeanAltly
#361  August 15, 2020, 12:15:48 am
    • USA
Just one question:

Will Falcon's SFF include enough sprites to make him a 6-button conversion? (In case someone wants to make him MVC styled like Gladiacloud or Kenshiro99's characters.)
#362  August 15, 2020, 05:46:06 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@DW

Yeah the item throw is his UT for right now. Pressing UT does the Barrel throw which is a little faster but has a steeper angle, F+UT throws the box which obviously goes further. As for the Boost Punch thing, I thought he seemed too low as well, but if you check out this video at around 2 minutes and 45 seconds he does the move and he's pretty low to the ground when he starts it.

And yeah the Wall Punch is an overhead, but I didn't think of making the horizontal one unblockable in mid-air, that's a good idea, thanks! Also, it may get faster if it proves hard to use when he's being tested.

@GTA

Ah, thanks for answering that question for me, I didn't know where the current voice came from but it sounded familiar. I will probably go with an English voice for him. I'm actually considering voicing him myself to see how passable my accent is, lol.

@AlexSin

Thanks, I appreciate it

@GTOAkira

The reason they don't break when they hit is because I have searched for hours across a bunch of sites and sources and can't find any passable existing sprites of boxes/barrels that break or have breaking animations. So I had to draw the box and barrel myself and for now they don't break because I am dreading the idea of drawing sprites for them breaking, unless I just do something like make them break in half and then disappear. Def not drawing a bunch of splintering wood and all that, I tried and it looks bad. As for the Haggar stuff, this move is just supposed to be a fairly simple angled projectile UT, that's a good idea and all but I don't really want to get too complicated with it.

@PBRTODD101 and XANDERAC

Yeah, the same as I said above, these are great ideas but it gives me a headache just thinking about implementing all that and I'd rather just leave it as a projectile since no one else in the game has any mechanics quite that complex (save for maybe Sonic's item boxes). I might do the thing where occasionally a random item comes out of the box if I end up finding/drawing sprites of it breaking open.

@RPGamerWriter

Probably not, I'm already having to replace entire animations so I'm really only concerned with getting him up to 4-buttons. Maybe if they get creative or do the CVS2 thing (where light and medium attacks are sometimes the same animation with different speed/properties).

Thanks for all the positive feedback everybody, it's very helpful and I'm sorry it takes me so long to reply sometimes, and I'm sorry if my replies are disappointing. I'll have more progress to show soon, including his L3 super and his portrait. Things are just really slow going.

Download Last Bout now!
#363  August 15, 2020, 08:39:18 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Thats perfectly fine lol. Cant ask you to put even more work on your plate and you are already adding sprite to Falcon and doing another character completely from scratch. Still cant wait to play around with him!
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#364  August 15, 2020, 08:56:30 am
So, you're going to voice Falcon?
That will work too.
#365  August 15, 2020, 05:04:01 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Just one question:

Will Falcon's SFF include enough sprites to make him a 6-button conversion? (In case someone wants to make him MVC styled like Gladiacloud or Kenshiro99's characters.)

Pretty sure someone else made that happen, but their version is currently private and for a full game apparently °_°
#366  August 16, 2020, 12:14:21 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Totally understandable since you're working more towards completing a full roster as opposed to focused singular character releases, he still looks great but thanks for the feedback as well
#367  August 16, 2020, 12:28:11 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Just one question:

Pretty sure someone else made that happen, but their version is currently private and for a full game apparently °_°

I know they said this was the case earlier with Rouge, but is this true for Falcon as well? Cause I gotta be honest, if there's someone out there already working on sprites for this character and they're keeping them private for a full game it's gonna be kind of a big hit to my motivation to continue working on this. I guess I missed the boat when it comes to getting onboard these big team projects, but I don't think I'd fit in because I would want to share any sprites I make with the rest of the community. Hell, I'm still waiting on Judas to complete my commission for Billy's fighting stance animation but as soon as I get it, it will be available for anybody to use.

Where am I able to follow the progress for these projects if I can?

Download Last Bout now!
#368  August 16, 2020, 12:33:18 am
    • Canada
If its the Falcon I think it is, it's hot garbage and poorly slapped together franken sprites. It would be easier to sprite from scratch than try to make anything usable out of it.

on the same level as that Devillote that came out a while back.
#369  August 16, 2020, 12:41:29 am
Just one question:

I know they said this was the case earlier with Rouge, but is this true for Falcon as well? Cause I gotta be honest, if there's someone out there already working on sprites for this character and they're keeping them private for a full game it's gonna be kind of a big hit to my motivation to continue working on this. I guess I missed the boat when it comes to getting onboard these big team projects, but I don't think I'd fit in because I would want to share any sprites I make with the rest of the community. Hell, I'm still waiting on Judas to complete my commission for Billy's fighting stance animation but as soon as I get it, it will be available for anybody to use.

Where am I able to follow the progress for these projects if I can?

I’m witcha.. there’s tons of characters/edits kept private for a bunch of random reasons

Ppl lose interest watching YouTube videos of characters they’ll never play. Idk of any other Falcon out there besides the Nexus games one
#370  August 16, 2020, 01:15:46 am
    • Mexico
AFAIK, the only private project with Falcon and Rouge is some kind of Capcom All-Stars-esque project. Don't really know much about it other than it's using a lot of the custom-made Capcom characters and that Chuchoryu was making Momo from RS for it.

But that's getting off-topic by this point, so I'd like to ask something about Jedah: I know he hasn't been showcased yet, but I wonder if he's gonna have his unique launcher and scythe specials from MvC:I (I know Shin Zankuro made them for his version) or if other animations will be used in their place.

BTW, Falcon's really looking nice and I can't wait to see him complete.
#371  August 16, 2020, 02:46:43 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
OMG! I think many people Said this, but Falcon os AWESOME! He really looks like a cvs char!

Nice Job! And good luck with your projects Sean!
#372  August 18, 2020, 06:05:39 pm
    • UK
I've got a question:
Will Goku have Power Charge
Also, All Characters have Power Charge
#373  August 18, 2020, 07:08:25 pm
#374  August 18, 2020, 07:28:49 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Indeed

There's the month
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#375  August 18, 2020, 07:31:25 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Might I suggest a thread prohibition just in case?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#376  August 18, 2020, 07:36:46 pm
    • USA
This is a thread prohibition
This time
This time
#377  August 18, 2020, 07:41:12 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Like what happened in the SFV thread back then?
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#378  August 18, 2020, 07:46:30 pm
    • USA
Save that that person got the message, yes
This time
This time
#379  August 19, 2020, 03:22:46 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Okay, you guys convinced me, I'll keep working on him. Here's a knee lunge animation I just finished:

About to start trying to draw the box/barrel breaking. Uggghhhhhh, lol

Download Last Bout now!

DW

#380  August 19, 2020, 03:28:04 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looking good mang. Yes please do keep working on him. Those people who may be working on personal versions or what not, that stuff is very likely to never see the light of day. You definitely shouldn't let any "what if(s)/maybe(s)" deter you from doing this. As for the box/barrel breaks, I think something simple as just having it split in two upon impact is good enough. You don't need to make like a bunch of wooden splinters and all lol. It splitting in half will convey it breaking well enough.