YesNoOk

Orie Ballardiae Release (Read 21662 times)

Started by Vinnie, April 26, 2021, 02:47:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Orie Ballardiae Release
#21  April 30, 2021, 11:55:44 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
2nd feedback:
-The sliding dust on her running animation and all versions of Divine Thrust should be slightly closer to her front foot.
-The sliding dust on her A Divine Thrust plays multiple times after it hits the opponent by the tip.
-She can rapid cancel twice on Luminous Embrace (She blinked blue on the 1st and white on the 2nd).
-The ground shatter effects share the palfx on Luminous Embrace on the 2nd rapid cancel.
-Didn't realize this until I watch a video on Astral Heats, but Rest In Peace is missing 5 initial hits when the opponent is caught and the opponent supposed to be lying down on the ground after being defeated by it.

Was going to post this a few days earlier, but didn't get around it because of Seth.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#22  April 30, 2021, 12:43:20 pm
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
-She can rapid cancel twice on Luminous Embrace (She blinked blue on the 1st and white on the 2nd).
Erm... Unfortunately, I couldn't see this bug when I test Orie again. She was switched to idle state right after I press "X".

-Didn't realize this until I watch a video on Astral Heats, but Rest In Peace is missing 5 initial hits when the opponent is caught.
This was an intentional modification. Just like OHMSBY's Mitsuru Astral Heat, the original version strikes 65 hits. While his version strikes 51. Regardless of the number of hitcounts, both versions grant victory ultimately. So here I skipped that 5 hits because I thought those were unnecessary. I'd like to keep the current Astral Heat if you don't mind.

Edit: Also, Mitsuru's Astral Heat doesn't make the opponent vanished. So I guess I could keep it  that way.

I wouldn't launch the new update on Orie right now if you need more time for testing. In the meantime, all of the aesthetic bugs was mentioned in the 2nd feedback were all fixed. I will be checking her Distortion Drives and Astral Heat again to see if there's something need to be adjusted.
Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 12:58:38 pm by Ichida
#23  April 30, 2021, 02:32:25 pm
    • USA
Erm... Unfortunately, I couldn't see this bug when I test Orie again. She was switched to idle state right after I press "X".
I did it while holding left or right and pressing X quickly. Not sure if she's supposed to be able to rapid cancel twice on the same distortion drive. And she was, the 2nd rapid cancel drained all her meter. I don't think you can since I was only able to do it once on OHMSBY's characters. Maybe it's because Luminous Embrace does multiple consecutive hits, which is why it caused that.

This was an intentional modification. Just like OHMSBY's Mitsuru Astral Heat, the original version strikes 65 hits. While his version strikes 51. Regardless of the number of hitcounts, both versions grant victory ultimately. So here I skipped that 5 hits because I thought those were unnecessary. I'd like to keep the current Astral Heat if you don't mind.

Edit: Also, Mitsuru's Astral Heat doesn't make the opponent vanished. So I guess I could keep it  that way.

I wouldn't launch the new update on Orie right now if you need more time for testing. In the meantime, all of the aesthetic bugs was mentioned in the 2nd feedback were all fixed. I will be checking her Distortion Drives and Astral Heat again to see if there's something need to be adjusted.
Not at all. Thought I mention it in case you were going for accuracy.

I really don't mind if you do as I can test the update and see if it has problems too. Sometimes an issue can appear on the update and not on the previous version. I know it's tedious that way, but you never know if I found something after that. Just one more thing I noticed and that's all for now:
-It's possible for the opponent to block the final hit in the middle of the hits by the 3rd command normal.
#24  May 01, 2021, 03:37:12 am
    • Vietnam
I did it while holding left or right and pressing X quickly. Not sure if she's supposed to be able to rapid cancel twice on the same distortion drive. And she was, the 2nd rapid cancel drained all her meter. I don't think you can since I was only able to do it once on OHMSBY's characters. Maybe it's because Luminous Embrace does multiple consecutive hits, which is why it caused that.

I just tested Orie again. It appeared that her Luminous Embrace was missing a trigger that caused the cancel bug to occur. Eventually, It has been fixed.

Fixed an error where Orie could cancel her Luminous Embrace twice during the Distortion Drive activation.
Fixed an error where her 5AAA could be blockable after her 5AA.
And some more aesthetic bugs has been fixed.
#25  May 06, 2021, 04:21:08 am
    • USA

I had this pic uploaded a few days ago, but forgot to post it as I wanted to show you it still exists. Basically, the sliding dust and the swing effect on the A Divine Thrust will play multiple times if it hits the opponent by the tip. That's the only bug left I found.
#26  May 06, 2021, 07:09:09 am
    • Vietnam
Ah whoops. It has been fixed now.
#27  July 13, 2021, 07:04:34 am
    • Vietnam
Orie has received a big update.
-New Mechanic: Not Over Yet
  -Upon reaching 35% health or below and not being in a hurt state, you will receive the following benefits for the rest of the round:
  -Immediately Gain 500 Meter
  -Slowly gain meter overtime
  -Gain a defense buff that scales up to 35% according to how much health you currently have (Less health means more defense)
  -Only triggers once per round
-New Mechanic: Ultra Dead Angle (Burst while Guarding)
 -Using this will cancel your guard stun and make you invulnerable for ten frames after the super pause. This also puts you into the Ultra Burst state, but it will only last a third of the time it would if you were to Ultra Burst normally.
-Ground throw now has 5 frames of startup, Dash Grab now has 3 frames of startup
-Stationary, Forward, and air dodges now have less invul time against physical attacks
-Invul time upon air recovery lasts a little longer and control is regained a little sooner
-Distortion Drives can now be triggered with any combination of A, B, and C rather than just A+B (Example: QCF B+C, QCB A+C)
-Changed default Liedown time to 15 frames
-A red X now appears over the Burst Icon when in a situation where it is not usable
-Added an Invalid Combo Indicator
-General Aesthetic Changes
- Added new mechanic: Guard Reject
  -When the character is guarding an enemy's attack, press "a+b" will immidiately "push" the enemy far away for a distance. This will cost 1000 unit of MUGEN power.
- Added new mechanic: Distortion Drive - Bonus Strike
  -When the "Not Over Yet" mode is activated, sucessfully performing any Distortion Drive will grant the character a random bonus from three bonuses below:
     +Critical: Deal an additional 20% damage on the enemy. This amount does stack with the damage scaling system, preventing the character to be OP in some cases.
     +Panicked: Sending the enemy to the "Panicked" status for a period of time ( 500 ticks ). While the bonus is still activated, if the character get hit by the opponent will have a small chance to dodge the next attack automatically.
     +Contact: When this bonus is received, character will be able to cancel the Distortion Drive without losing any power. So instead of 500, the cost will be reduced to completely 0.
     +Astral Heat Indicator: When the character's power bar is full and the enemy's health is below 1/4, this message will pop up. If Astral Heat is used during that time, the message will disappear and won't show up anymore.
#28  July 15, 2021, 12:11:33 pm
    • Vietnam
Orie has received a quick update.
-Fixed an error where the "Invalid" message didn't pop up for player 2.
#29  July 18, 2021, 03:43:01 pm
    • Vietnam
-General aesthetics adjustment.
-Fixed an error where Orie couldn't perform 5AAAA by pressing "a" at the last hit of her 5AAA.

Also, all of my characters have also been updated. Most of them are aesthetics improvement and minor gameplay adjustments. Consider downloading this bundle for all updates at your convenience.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ohmRkTvH73dpMzf-jxUv0_cN2MOStcj4/view?usp=sharing
#30  September 28, 2021, 12:25:35 pm
  • Known as Paulo S
  • Ganbarimasu!
    • Philippines
#31  September 28, 2021, 12:54:59 pm
    • USA
Since this was bumped, I actually found a minor bug I failed to notice previously. When 5AAAA, any version of Command Order and Oblique Edge makes contact with the opponent, Thanatos gets layered behind her. If Thick And Fast or Succession was used right after Command Order, she will be in front but behind Orie again if it hits.

That's pretty much it.
#32  September 28, 2021, 01:59:05 pm
    • Vietnam
-Fixed an error where Thanatos appeared in front of Orie in some cases.
-Added Paulo S's Japanese voice patch for Orie. Please check the first post.

You don't have to say sorry for bumping it. The voice patch is very well done and everything is fine to me. Thank you for your hard work.
#33  September 28, 2021, 03:23:17 pm
    • USA
Wait. After testing, I was only about to report that the sparkle effects where Thanatos disappears that are still in front of her. But for some reason, these issues came back:
-If you happen to have the "Invalid" message during an distortion drive during Not Over Yet, your bonus messages will sometimes appear behind it (Blocking what bonus strike you'll get as you might end up forgetting since it only appears for a second).
-You should also list your mechanics on the readmes of your characters and not just on the topic itself (Since it's not mechanics OHMSBY and are yours specifically, others who just download the characters and are used to his might not know about them or how they work. Mostly for those who so can look at it offline).
-If you press A again on the last hit of 5AAA, it's possible to reset it and redo A command normals again (5AAAA sometimes will not trigger, resulting to an infinite).
-For the intro animation, I think it would better if you change the time on frames 5-7 where she stands up to 6 (I tried it myself and it seems that adding 3 additional ticks to those frames makes it much smoother).
For the 5AAA infinite after it was fixed, 5AAAA can also still be blocked in the middle of the command normals and break the combo chain as the opponent doesn't have enough stun time. Did you update an older version of her?

Edit: Turns out you only updated her on the Update Bundle file and not the individual character links themselves. You might want to check the separate links for your characters in case they are not obsolete.
Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 03:54:33 pm by ZolidSone
#34  September 29, 2021, 05:41:40 am
    • Vietnam
-Fixed an error where Thanatos's sparkles appeared in front of Orie, which is supposed to be behind her instead.
-Updated Orie's new link.

Whoops, my bad. Since the Update Bundble file is uploaded months ago, I'm pretty sure that everyone had downloaded the new contents.So I may take it down because it had been outdated up to this point.
#35  September 29, 2021, 12:55:02 pm
    • USA
Alright. After testing again, there are two more things I discovered:
-During Thanatos's disappearing animation on the moves that have her, she briefly appears in front (Couldn't notice it previously when the sparkles were in front).
-On the previous post, I mentioned that it's still possible to block 5AAAA and reset the combo as the recovery on the opponent's get hit animation on 5AAA feels short.

Whoops, my bad. Since the Update Bundble file is uploaded months ago, I'm pretty sure that everyone had downloaded the new contents.So I may take it down because it had been outdated up to this point.
That's fine, I honestly don't like bundles and prefer downloading the characters individually. Just make sure the individual links are the same as the Update Bundle's before you do. Aside from Orie, everyone else in there should be up to date.

Also without bumping Seth's topic, I should also mention that the opponent doesn't have a strong ground shockwave when they hit the ground by Seth's Last Rite Execution. A strong ground sound can be heard, but not the effect itself. That's all I have on him.
#36  September 29, 2021, 03:34:38 pm
    • Vietnam
-Minor aesthetics adjustments.

I just tested Orie again. It turned out that her 5AAA and 5AAAA are very tight to each other. If I increase the hitstun for even a tick, Orie will be able to perform an infinity with her 5AAA, so I decide to keep it that way. If they use 5AAAA fast enough before her 5AAA stops, I'm sure that the opponent won't be able to block it. If it's possible, that's their problem.

As for Seth, he'll receive an update on his respective topic, thank you for letting me know.
#37  October 15, 2021, 03:25:39 am
    • Vietnam
-Fixed an error where the EX spark effect didn't appear at the same time with the EX sound effect.
#38  October 18, 2021, 03:29:07 am
    • Vietnam
-Fixed an error where Thanatos's buggy behavior occured in Terumi's Venomous Bite.
New #39  December 15, 2021, 03:52:17 am
    • Vietnam
Orie has received an update.
Added Intro Vs. Linne.
Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 06:52:32 am by Ichida