YesNoOk

Haohmaru updated (06/03/2021) (Read 12974 times)

Started by KarmaCharmeleon, March 06, 2021, 06:42:21 pm
Share this topic:
Haohmaru updated (06/03/2021)
New #1  March 06, 2021, 06:42:21 pm
  • In a few minutes, bitch
    • Germany

Spoiler: Haohmaru (click to see content)

Q: A new thread for an update?
A: Yeah. This update is super meaningful as Haohmaru now gets his own sub-system: Rage.

Q: Why did you rework Rage?
A: I wanted to explore buffing K-Haohmaru because he is on the lowest part of the tier list on CvS2. While being a buff as any addition would be, Rage Explosion was too unreliable to justify the meter, so canceling into any super was straight up better. By making Rage and meter two separate things, the install stopped being an option you would never choose and became an actual buff.

Q: Is your Rage system accurate to K-Groove?
A: It isn't. Meter gain works differently, the damage buff is lower, you don't get a free lvl 3 (but you can use supers while being raged, and the damage buff affects them too!). Like in VSP, you can Rage explode in neutral and while being hit, and the Rage bar will go away after the buff is gone. You can also perform Issen while being raged, but the buff will end instantly. To know more about the Rage system, check out the ReadMe

Q: I liked the meter-drain version better, can I have it back?
A: Sure, check out the Archive folder.
Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 04:36:43 pm by KarmaCharmeleon
Re: Haohmaru updated (06/03/2021)
#2  March 06, 2021, 08:03:31 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

DLing!! I'll test as soon as possible!!

I swear there was something cool here!!
#3  March 06, 2021, 08:20:53 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Awesome! It can only be great!

I whish I'm as efficient as you guys :)
I'm testing this gem!
#4  March 06, 2021, 08:25:46 pm
  • Proud Kirby enthusiast
    • Greece
I'm having fun playing as him right now.

Brilliant work, KarmaCharmeleon.
#5  March 06, 2021, 08:34:16 pm
I am just know getting used to the system and tbh I like it.

My only nitpicks are on a visual level.

I feel the bar is to chunky, I would slim it down and strech it out a bit.
I dont have photoshop no more so please excuse my crude paint example.

Also I would move the air excel activation orb spark thingy on his hand showing both in the screenshot.,

Screenshot.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I really dig the change, do you plan to give genjuro the same rage changes ?

#6  March 06, 2021, 08:39:01 pm
  • I swear I've been working on Geese all this time.
  • Kind of POTS style editor, except not really.
Seems pretty good so far, but i'm having this strange issue with him where he gets locked out of certain mechanics & his specials after preforming Issen.
#7  March 06, 2021, 10:22:48 pm
    • Germany
I feel the bar is to chunky, I would slim it down and strech it out a bit.
I dont have photoshop no more so please excuse my crude paint example.
Sup PeXX! I havent seen you in the servers on a long time!
I see where you come from. In fact, this was the preliminary design:
https://streamable.com/yv6cjq
The current ones were made by Mord and I think they look cooler than what I came up with at first but there's definitely room for improvement.

Also I would move the air excel activation orb spark thingy on his hand showing both in the screenshot.
Adjusted to your suggestion!

I really dig the change, do you plan to give genjuro the same rage changes ?

Yes!

Seems pretty good so far, but i'm having this strange issue with him where he gets locked out of certain mechanics & his specials after preforming Issen.

Thanks for the report Dauntless, fixed!

Thanks for the support, guys. Uploaded a quick fix addressing the bug Dauntless reported and adjusting the position of the orb as suggested by PeX. Sorry for making you guys redownload ;(
#8  March 06, 2021, 10:55:36 pm
Thanks for the quick fixes.

Granted I am not very active in the discord but I do pay attention to the forum all the time.

I can see why it was  a diffcult desicion, both bars are good, but if I had to pick one, I would go with the one on the video because its slicker and not as chunky.
This is an insaneeee nitpick though its also great to see you still updating and working on stuff.

Looking forward to anything you start working on.

Thank you for taking my feedback into consideration.

Edit:

Just to confirm because I am new to the system.

Quoting the read me:
You can enter Rage instantly by using Rage Explosion (y+a) in neutral or while being hit on the ground, in which
case it will break the combo and leave both players in neutral. Once the meter drains completely from Rage Explosion,
you won't be able to build Rage from the rest of the match.

Popping the red thingy will remove my rage until the end of the match and I cant pop it or build rage again, its a 1 time use for a match ?
And the bar goes away as well, I can see that this is intended but just wanted to confirm with you.
https://streamable.com/tfge1e

Edit 2
For testing purposes, I disabled the bar from the config, the rage meter was gone and I was not able to pop the red thingy from the video again, just wanted to confirm if that is how its supposed ot be, basically both the red explosion and the rage system are tied to the bar, if you turn that off Haoh cannot do the red explosion and does not have the bar.
If this is how the config is supposed to work then its good that people have the option to pick what they like.
Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 11:26:33 pm by PeXXeR
#9  March 06, 2021, 11:49:13 pm
    • Germany
Looking forward to anything you start working on.
I've been working a lot on Ash and Rugal, but hit a stop on Rugal after finishing his specials.

Popping the red thingy will remove my rage until the end of the match and I cant pop it or build rage again, its a 1 time use for a match ?
And the bar goes away as well, I can see that this is intended but just wanted to confirm with you.
https://streamable.com/tfge1e
Yes! When you use Rage Explosion it will rage you one last time but the rage system will be gone for the rest of the match.

For testing purposes, I disabled the bar from the config, the rage meter was gone and I was not able to pop the red thingy from the video again, just wanted to confirm if that is how its supposed ot be, basically both the red explosion and the rage system are tied to the bar, if you turn that off Haoh cannot do the red explosion and does not have the bar.
If this is how the config is supposed to work then its good that people have the option to pick what they like.
Yup yup, the meter is tied to the system, the option disables the system entirely. However, you can get rid of the bar while keeping everything else by adjusting the other 2 var values and setting the meter offscreen.

Thanks for the support PeX ;)
#10  March 07, 2021, 11:25:32 am
Damn haohmaru G O T  B A R S

Outstanding update! Really dig the revamped issen. I just want to let you know his rage meter isn't symmetric with p2 when you modify x-axis.
Does the directly preceding meter-drain version of haohmaru have the v.06/03/2021 fixes implemented as well?
#11  March 07, 2021, 03:01:14 pm
    • Germany
Outstanding update! Really dig the revamped issen. I just want to let you know his rage meter isn't symmetric with p2 when you modify x-axis.
Ow, how could I let that happen? Will wait a bit before updating to see if someone else's reports anything new.
Does the directly preceding meter-drain version of haohmaru have the v.06/03/2021 fixes implemented as well?
Yeah, but it wont experience any further updates in the future.
#12  March 08, 2021, 01:51:47 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Also that one Terry super's official name is actually "High Angle Geyser" and not overheat
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#13  March 08, 2021, 05:19:31 pm
    • Germany
#14  March 08, 2021, 07:37:12 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Neat, thanks!
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#15  March 11, 2021, 07:46:14 pm
    • USA
This Haohmaru is very well made. It's basically a solid CvS2 conversion but with different system mechanics. In my own perspective the things that impress me the most is probably the vels and how well they were datamined from CvS2. A highly recommend and if anyone is using any other style Haohmaru, should keep in mind this is the most definitive. It ain't meant to be flashy. It ain't meant to be a spaghetti fighter with unrealistic combos. This is to give you that authentic fighter experience, and it's as real as you can get it.

Another part I like is the rage meter. While some people may not have liked the addition of the rage meter, I particularly don't mind it, and the part I like the most is how it builds meter like crazy-- like the real K-Groove. In CvS2 at least, you're able to get rage meter at least 2-3 times if you play your cards right. That's a lot of life, and it pisses off lots of A-Groove users. Good stuff. Looking forward to the next lineup.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
#16  March 23, 2021, 11:08:01 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

Well, I'm late but I tried it.
Only issues are:
1. Close Standing HP uses the normal non-sword swing sound.
2. Crouch HP is weird without the long hitpause of the other slashes.
3. Opinion: I feel as if the Issen/Fatal Flash animation time between the collision and the slash (the latter being the damage and the blood spurt), is a bit too fast for my liking compared to Genjuro's. The command is kinda weird aswell when compared to the simple x+b that came before.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#17  March 23, 2021, 01:14:32 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for testing Rowen :]
1. Close Standing HP uses the normal non-sword swing sound.
Fixed.
2. Crouch HP is weird without the long hitpause of the other slashes.
It's not meant to be like the other heavy slashes.
3. Opinion: I feel as if the Issen/Fatal Flash animation time between the collision and the slash (the latter being the damage and the blood spurt), is a bit too fast for my liking compared to Genjuro's. The command is kinda weird aswell when compared to the simple x+b that came before.
I'll try slowing it down and seeing how it looks. I might see how it interacts with the voice samples of other SamSho characters.

The command is a reference to SS4, where all the WFTs are performed with 462+Slash iirc. I would have loved to use the actual commands from the game but sadly that would cause issues with keyboard users (like myself).