YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1028815 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#301  January 02, 2013, 02:16:37 pm
@Snakebyte: I share your sentiments, pretty much. I'd probably slog through the game for the story, but there are just so many other, better games I could play instead. I might go back to it after I'm forced to tackle my backlog in the summer, but not before then. Too many great games coming out soon.  :)

Yeah, even aside from the PS3 games that have piled up, of which there are many, I got a computer that can handle new games, as well as Wii/GC and DS emulation, after years of having one with a shit processor and no video card, so my backlog is beyond gargantuan. And there's still a handful of PS1/PS2 games I never got to.

I'm going to give Chrono Cross another go because it's been waiting for me to finish it for going on ten years, but after that, I think I'll try Morrowind. :D
#302  January 02, 2013, 06:05:55 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I think I'll try Morrowind.
Morrowind is an awesome game.You should definetly try it,though the last boss is difficult

Last game i stopped playing was Quake 2.The game is awesome,though its difficult now,since there are a lot of tanks,parasites and chargers around.Lately fliers and some Icarus too,but a shotgun solves the problem.

Stopped playing it because an entrance to the pyramid requires a pass code,which one of the marines has,and i cant find that guy anywhere.
#303  January 02, 2013, 08:31:57 pm
#304  January 02, 2013, 08:44:58 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Well, I guess you can say that I've stopped playing Persona 3.

Sure, it's a neat game, and there's some neat characters, but for some reason, I just play for a bit and I just go, "Eh..." and turn it off.

And then I immediately thrust Nocturne in the system and spend almost an hour just trying to fuse demons and then fuck around in the kalpa dungeons. :1
#305  January 06, 2013, 12:39:18 am
  • You PC bro?
Persona 4 for the PS2

First of all, I didn't really stop playing it, more like I died and didn't have a memory card so i'd have to go through all the shit again. Second of all, this game gets an infinity/10 from me. This game is absolutely amazing. Great graphics, Memorable characters and designs, intense fights and so much more. I like the characters in Persona 4 more than the characters in Persona 2 and 3. They just seem so much funner and cooler, especially Teddie. This is the first game that's ever been able to just bring out my emotions. If somethings funny, i laugh. If somethings sad, I feel some sadness. I actually feel like I'm Yu (The main character). I got pretty sad when I lost to some not-even-a-boss enemy. I died while trying to save Nananko. I don't feel like going through the whole game again, so i give up there. I really wanna see all four endings though. I'm crossing my fingers and praying they put the game on PSN. Persona series seems like it's so unnoticed which makes me sad, cause I really enjoyed 2-4 plus P4 arena.

Again, I highly recommend this game to, well, anyone! Game gets an infinity/10 from me.
#306  January 07, 2013, 11:38:15 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
First of all, I didn't really stop playing it, more like I died and didn't have a memory card so i'd have to go through all the shit again.

You're crazy for attempting this game without saves. You're really crazy.

Also, this game is out for the PSVita with two new social links (Adachi and Marie, who's a new girl and brings a whole dungeon with her), so sorry, but you'll only find the PSVita version in the PSN Store.

#307  January 08, 2013, 01:50:28 am
  • You PC bro?
First of all, I didn't really stop playing it, more like I died and didn't have a memory card so i'd have to go through all the shit again.

You're crazy for attempting this game without saves. You're really crazy.

Also, this game is out for the PSVita with two new social links (Adachi and Marie, who's a new girl and brings a whole dungeon with her), so sorry, but you'll only find the PSVita version in the PSN Store.

Hey, I was really only in it to find out the whole story tbh. Usually whenever I play a sequel to games, i don't really plan on playing their first born game. Games like Uncharted and Persona were a special case. When P4 arena came out, I was so intrigued with the P4 characters, I went outta my way to bug my friend for his PS2 and bought P4 online from Gamestop. When I got the game, I really only wanted to see the story, so I put it on beginner where I get 10 continues. I got as far as Heaven lol, so give me some credit! Plus, I couldn't really wait to get a memory card since I wanted to play the game so bad. And I didn't feel like waiting and finding someone with a memory card cause putting the game down was near impossible for me lol. That's how awesome it was. But I guess you have a right to call me crazy, cause I never expected the game to be as long as it is.

And I saw that Marie chick on the PSN screenshots for P4 golden. I was like "Who this?", but you explained. And damn, she has a whole dungeon? Wow. Soon as I get a PSvita, P4 golden will be the first game I buy.
#308  January 24, 2013, 02:42:12 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
That would be Xenogears.

I started to play Xenogears back in the day but I never got around to finishing it. (DAMN DISC ONE GOT BROKE) so I shelfed it.
Then when I was on the PSN, I purchased it and started playing it again. Having beat Xenosaga 1, I'd heard this game was very simular.
The combat system as usual is typical RPG fare. But the Mech fights are complete scripted crap. Your skills and fighting abilities have NO influence on your abilities in the Mech. So it all comes down to how much you upgrade and maintain them. One MAJOR gripe I have is. In most RPGs or even some Action games, once a big dramatic plot even happens and you return to base(or beat a boss) you normally get healed up for the next leg of your adventure, right? WELL NOT IN XENOGEARS. That's caused me to die more then once, assuming I was healed after certain events.
All in all, from what I've played so far, it's a pretty great game. just kinda...dated.
#309  January 25, 2013, 02:40:38 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! (3DS)

I loved the hell out of it, from the controls to the references to tons of episodes, and the soundtrack is awesome. I only stopped playing because the R-Button on my 3DS broke and I need it to finish this one dungeon :(
#310  January 25, 2013, 02:44:45 am
    • USA
Zone of the Enders

This game gives me motion sickness. Sucks, i really want to see the story.
#311  January 26, 2013, 01:08:51 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
WWE 13

Not by choice though as it was my bro's and he sold it a week or so later but I found it really fun.

When I saw the super old THQ logo in some of the AE arenas, I fucking squeed.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#312  January 26, 2013, 01:48:46 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Zone of the Enders HD

Getting an overall A ranking in the first game is starting to tick me off.  Can't kill the jellyfish boss without him destroying over 10% of the buildings, never mind the actual rescue mission that requires you to return to the same zone and deal with drones all over the place killing people and blowing stuff up.  I'd continue to the second game, but I prefer to do things in order, thus want the first game 100% finished first.

Funny how overly-simple the rest of the game is.  It's just that first rescue mission in Town 2 and the second one with the remains after the first boss that really drag you down.
#313  January 26, 2013, 04:49:03 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Was not prepared for the final boss; don't have time to level grind, or waste resources trying to make stupid dope weapons (much harder with the way item creation works in this game). I'll be playing Final Fantasy X and Breath of Fire 3 instead.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#314  January 30, 2013, 10:44:00 am
Morrowind (w/Overhaul.)

- Create character
- Talk to townspeople
- Find some dude's ring
- Head to cave townspeople are talking about to defeat smugglers
- Kill some stabby bitch and loot her corpse (and am somewhat distracted when I loot the clothes off her body and discover that the mods added realistic nudity)
- Walk through door
- Get fireballed to death.
- Repeat last two steps x20
- Tableflip game into recycle bin
#315  January 31, 2013, 11:25:24 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Dark Souls

- Create character
- Talk to townspeople
- Find some dude's ring
- Head to cave townspeople are talking about to defeat smugglers
- Kill some stabby bitch and loot her corpse (and am somewhat distracted when I loot the clothes off her body and discover that the mods added realistic nudity)

- Walk through door
- Repeat last two steps x2000
- Tableflip game into recycle bin
#316  February 01, 2013, 05:04:45 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?! (3DS)

I loved the hell out of it, from the controls to the references to tons of episodes, and the soundtrack is awesome. I only stopped playing because the R-Button on my 3DS broke and I need it to finish this one dungeon :(

Hey did it ACTUALLY break? Did you try blowing into it like a NES Cartridge? I swore for the longest time my DS Shoulder Buttons were fried but that ACTUALLY fixed them.
#317  February 04, 2013, 05:07:09 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
darksiders

got it free thanks to psn plus. Clocked about 2 hours so far and i am not impressed. This game is so bleh, feels like im playing an alpha build of a god of war game.
#318  February 04, 2013, 10:23:45 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  Walk through door
Dont even try going in that cave at the beggining.Go to Balmora,to Caius,and get money from him,and take some quests in the guilds.
You cant run without learning how to walk first,dammit

Last game i stopped playing was Nightmare Creatures.The first part.
Oh,the god awful controls on the N64 emulator,i can barely do shit.
And the game crashes when i open some door,and a big bad beast runs at me.
#319  February 04, 2013, 10:53:37 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
What emu are you using?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#320  February 05, 2013, 05:11:45 am
  Walk through door
Dont even try going in that cave at the beggining.Go to Balmora,to Caius,and get money from him,and take some quests in the guilds.
You cant run without learning how to walk first,dammit

Last game i stopped playing was Nightmare Creatures.The first part.
Oh,the god awful controls on the N64 emulator,i can barely do shit.
And the game crashes when i open some door,and a big bad beast runs at me.

Why the fuck would they make you go FURTHER IN THE GAME and make the things at the BEGINNING unable to be completed.

That breaks all video game logic, all of it.

It's uninstalled anyway, fuck it with my character's thrice-charred corpse.