YesNoOk

Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review. (Read 1029105 times)

Started by Foobs, April 10, 2011, 01:44:39 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you stopped playing + 2 lines review.
#341  February 17, 2013, 07:10:53 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
now I stoped playing playstation 1 all games I cleared alone :D
now I'm starting to play NFS undergriund 2
#342  February 19, 2013, 07:55:44 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Vampire Hunter D
Well the story kinda goes like this
Hey i just met you
And this is crazy
So heres 500 thousand dollars
So go save my fucking daugther....maybe

Yeaaaah,thats it.Youll get 2 million dollars bonus if you bring her back alive.....and for some reason you have a talking hand...
Fixed camera,like in older RE games,monsters respawn every time you leave the fuckin room,you fight the first boss in the first 5 minutes of the game,and he is difficult like hell,i spent all my freakin health potions on that fucker....ANd you dont even get to kill him,he teleports away.
You hit and interact with the same button,so in the middle of the battle,if you are near a shelf,instead of hitting a enemy,he will stare at the fucking shelf.
The english translation looks like its written by Celest,thus having no dots or commas what so ever,and not even spaces between words(!). soitlookslikethisyeaiknowshittyright

All together a crappy game,not worth your attention.One of the worst playstation titles ever.
#343  February 20, 2013, 06:51:03 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
toejam and earl

tried this out after a long time of not getting around to it. a bit slow-paced in terms of movement but the randomization of everything in the game is making it incredibly addicting. i want to make a game full of randomized content now, looks really fun

BIG EARL
#344  February 21, 2013, 01:23:22 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

Bayonetta

I can't bring myself to play any more of this.  It's not even bad, it's just so....dull.  The combat is so primitive compared to DMC and the amount of pointless collectibles and doodads really turns me off from playing it.  All this game seems to do is ride the coattails of more fun games.  I'm just bored of it.

DMK

#345  February 21, 2013, 01:29:24 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
That sucks, but I also had a friend was was into DMC, Ninja Gaiden and what have you and said the same thing. It just doesn't click with everyone.
#346  February 21, 2013, 06:52:33 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Bayonetta

I can't bring myself to play any more of this.  It's not even bad, it's just so....dull.
Bayonetta, dull? I'm having trouble comprehending this. :|

I mean, it's Bayonetta

The combat is so primitive compared to DMC and the amount of pointless collectibles and doodads really turns me off from playing it.
I'd argue it's more complex, but whatever. Also you don't really need to worry about the collectibles.
#347  February 21, 2013, 08:23:46 pm
    • USA

The game itself is is what I find dull, not the presentation or characters/story/setting.  Although I do get tired of the constant swear words and in your face sexuality, didn't we deride DmC for doing the same thing?

I never got the feeling that the combat was any more complex than wait for an attack - > dodge into witch time - > Combo and repeat.  Also when some of the collectibles are weapons....
#348  February 22, 2013, 03:14:16 am
  • For honor!
The combat is so primitive compared to DMC and the amount of pointless collectibles and doodads really turns me off from playing it.
I'd argue it's more complex, but whatever. Also you don't really need to worry about the collectibles.
Lightning Claws on hands and feet for one set, rocket launcher feet on another set. With the lightning set: Punch, Punch, Punch, Punch, and Kick be sure to interrupt the rapid kicks part of the combo by changing to your other weapon set. Everything in its path will take massive amounts of damage from the rocket cluster bombing. The combat is fun but it's still pretty simple.
Iroha stripped for me
#349  February 22, 2013, 11:33:44 pm
I can't stand Bayonetta's aesthetic (especially the music), but even I wouldn't call it boring. o_O
#350  February 25, 2013, 12:48:03 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
The game itself is is what I find dull, not the presentation or characters/story/setting.  Although I do get tired of the constant swear words and in your face sexuality, didn't we deride DmC for doing the same thing?

I never got the feeling that the combat was any more complex than wait for an attack - > dodge into witch time - > Combo and repeat.  Also when some of the collectibles are weapons....

Bayonetta is having fun with itself when it does that.  DmC is just insulting the player's intelligence.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#351  February 25, 2013, 03:55:29 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Although I do get tired of the constant swear words and in your face sexuality, didn't we deride DmC for doing the same thing?
DmC's presentation of it was different, though: it was like a 13 year old trying to be edgy yet failing miserably. Bayonetta, on the other hand, did it in such a ridiculously over-the-top way, with tongue planted firmly in cheek, that it was glorious.

It does get more complex than that, especially when you start running into enemies that don't activate Witch Time.
Fair point about the weapons, though. Never really cared for the way it made them missable.

Lightning Claws on hands and feet for one set, rocket launcher feet on another set. With the lightning set: Punch, Punch, Punch, Punch, and Kick be sure to interrupt the rapid kicks part of the combo by changing to your other weapon set. Everything in its path will take massive amounts of damage from the rocket cluster bombing. The combat is fun but it's still pretty simple.
Well sure, if you want to abuse a glitch the combat is simple! >:[

I can't stand Bayonetta's aesthetic (especially the music)
Wait, what? The music is amazing! And there's so much variety, from the Fly Me To The Moon cover to Bayonetta's theme to the classic Sega arcade remixes to the epic orchestral tracks of the boss fights!
#352  February 25, 2013, 03:59:19 am
    • USA

The only music tracks I really liked were Rodin's shop and the flashback Jeanne boss fight.  Everything else was either really forgettable or really annoying to me.  And for a P* title that is not good.
#353  February 25, 2013, 04:00:52 am
I can't stand Bayonetta's aesthetic (especially the music)
Wait, what? The music is amazing! And there's so much variety, from the Fly Me To The Moon cover to Bayonetta's theme to the classic Sega arcade remixes to the epic orchestral tracks of the boss fights!

You are of course entitled to your own opinion but it in this case it is wrong.  :(

Jazz is not for fighting! It is not. It is just. No. :(
#354  February 25, 2013, 04:37:45 am
    • USA

I wouldn't even call Bayonetta's soundtrack jazz, I'd call it a mix of generic radio pop and generic faux-epic orchestra.
#355  February 25, 2013, 04:44:38 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#356  February 25, 2013, 04:47:32 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
It sure does. :P
For example:
#357  February 25, 2013, 04:50:06 am
#358  February 25, 2013, 04:50:49 am
  • tired
And this:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

What Jazz?
Try listening to the radio sometime in Fallout; they almost only play old stuff, including some jazz.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#359  February 25, 2013, 04:54:00 am
I will grant you the 'take you on a ride' exception. Regardless of what Bayonetta's music is, to me it's completely at odds with the tenseness and action that that kind of gameplay should generate. DMC3's music was wonderful, Bayonetta's is like I've stepped into some bizarre karaoke set. It's so outlandish that it jars and doesn't engage me. If you enjoy it, more power to you, but I can't.

Also, 'halos'... Come on, just, look at them... You can't convince me she isn't Sonic in drag.

I've never played Fallout :(
#360  February 25, 2013, 04:55:57 am
  • tired