YesNoOk

Project Catch 'Em All (Read 783334 times)

Started by Ryon, September 12, 2013, 02:52:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: Project Catch 'Em All
#81  September 15, 2013, 09:10:22 pm
    • Central African Republic
    • Youngdon113@yahoo.com
Dude ur on to something innovative here! I suggest you make this game turn based like the real Pokemon. I mean instead of arcade or vs turn based is the best option
Keep my mom out of this and ill keep this out your mom
#82  September 15, 2013, 09:12:28 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
The premise of Ryon's idea was that it be exactly like this. That it be different, instead of playing like the real thing.

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#83  September 16, 2013, 05:26:33 am
  • "The Future is Now"
If we made it like a regular mugen game, it would be just another mugen fighting game.
If we made it like a real pokemon game, it was be turn this turn that.

By making it active time battle, we take some of the sluggish-ness out of pokemon and put it in a world where timing means everything, and 1 attack can make a difference.

For the record I forgot to mention this.

All Pokemon have there constants coded exactly like there lv100 counterparts, the best versions of it.

For instance. Blastoise
his exact states in game is.

[Data]
life = 362
attack = 291
defence = 328

Where as in normal mugen these stats would be crazy since everything is usually...

[Data]
life = 1000
attack = 100
defence = 100

In this idea of mine, These numbers all work out perfectly, mugen does the math and it balances the game, incredibly.

#84  September 16, 2013, 05:47:27 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
can i be the voice of the black trainer? pleeaasseeeeee..... also, are u gonna add "ditto"? lol XD
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#85  September 16, 2013, 05:49:11 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
On that note, I just finished implementing the affinity system. So far Pikachu is the only one who can make use of this. Everyone will though. No worries. :)

can i be the voice of the black trainer? pleeaasseeeeee..... also, are u gonna add "ditto"? lol XD
The trainers aren't voiced. I'm not sure if they ever will be. What "black" trainer? lol. Ditto? Not sure. Probably not, since he has no moves other than transform.

#86  September 16, 2013, 06:01:57 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
true.....jus played the demo and i see what u mean...i would love to do lickitung....he's my favorite. anyways, BRILLIANT idea u guys have. this is great...me & my nephew is playing....and i already hate sandslash XD
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#87  September 16, 2013, 11:23:22 am
  • "The Future is Now"
muahahahaha.

I saw lickatung's sprites. He looks very possible.
#88  September 16, 2013, 01:29:30 pm
Can't this just be Trainer Based?
That way there will be Six Pokemon each and the roster wouldn't look that cluttered up?
That way you can incorporate fan favorites, or even guest characters (Like yourself with a pokemon team).

Also if you don't plan on going that way.
Can I submit a trainer sheet and expect someone to code it into a pokemon?
#89  September 16, 2013, 02:14:48 pm
Here is My version of Viridian Forest.

İt uses 3 images from 3 different games wich İ slightly edited. Alexei did the coding for the stage.

#90  September 16, 2013, 02:30:31 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
true.....jus played the demo and i see what u mean...i would love to do lickitung....he's my favorite. anyways, BRILLIANT idea u guys have. this is great...me & my nephew is playing....and i already hate sandslash XD
Lickitung, sure! Follow the developer reference (I've updated and will have Ryon post later today) and then submit it to me via PM when you're done so I can review and give feedback. You could post it in this thread too, if you want.

Can't this just be Trainer Based?
That way there will be Six Pokemon each and the roster wouldn't look that cluttered up?
That way you can incorporate fan favorites, or even guest characters (Like yourself with a pokemon team).

Also if you don't plan on going that way.
Can I submit a trainer sheet and expect someone to code it into a pokemon?
We've been through this before... Also, there are only two trainer sheets that were usable. The others were not. If you submit a custom trainer sheet, we'll definitely add it to someone for sure, but it has to have all the same animations as the sheets we used.

We can still incorporate fan favorites. In some cases, we did already according to these comments. :P MAYBE in the future, but right now, we want to keep things simple and manageable. We knew we weren't going to be able to please everyone, but my goal was to bring Ryon's idea to life, because he really had something special here, in my opinion. If I can figure out some way to take what we have and "compile" it into a single character with that system in place (of switching), then it will be a lot more manageable and possible, but right now, you'll have to deal with the way it is. Don't think that a system like that is the easiest thing to do. It really isn't.

Here is My version of Viridian Forest.

İt uses 3 images from 3 different games wich İ slightly edited. Alexei did the coding for the stage.

Pikachu vs Pikachu: Quick Attack! Nice. I'll be making that other one you PM'd me about as well. :)

#91  September 16, 2013, 05:15:28 pm
    • Portugal
    • carlosgrilos@hotmail.com
This game is very good, keep it up. Am I crazy to see one my favorite trio Haunter, Gengar and Gastly.

Just got a note, Mewtwo should have one of his attacks recover the default. Who has not caught Mewtwo in the games and recover erased the attack.
#92  September 16, 2013, 05:18:19 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
This game is very good, keep it up. Am I crazy to see one my favorite trio Haunter, Gengar and Gastly.

Just got a note, Mewtwo should have one of his attacks recover the default. Who has not caught Mewtwo in the games and recover erased the attack.
Thanks! At least one of them will be made (probably Gengar. I forget if there are sprites for him).

I'm not sure what you mean by this: "Mewtwo should have one of his attacks recover the default. Who has not caught Mewtwo in the games and recover erased the attack." What?

#93  September 16, 2013, 05:26:42 pm
    • Portugal
Sorry wrong translate.
What I mean is that the recovery is essential in Mewtwo.
#94  September 16, 2013, 05:28:24 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
The move: "Recover?" He's kind of powerful as it is. That would make him even more difficult to beat, no?

#95  September 16, 2013, 05:30:23 pm
    • Portugal
Yes it was hard to beat. But it is an original attack.
#96  September 16, 2013, 05:32:01 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Yes, but we choose the attacks we feel fits with them best. Recover would be very cheap, especially if we make it accurate to the source.

#97  September 17, 2013, 01:15:22 am
    • Portugal
Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:22:53 am by Carlos Grillo
#98  September 17, 2013, 01:20:41 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
It still would be cheap (too cheap) considering the style of this game.
Chilling
#99  September 17, 2013, 01:43:23 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
i think maybe mega-drain would work, of course it's only for grass type

#100  September 17, 2013, 02:03:05 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
See the link: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Recover_%28move%29

The attack even exists. Famous Pokemon that is also uses alakazam.
I never said that the move didn't exist. We're getting lost in translation here.

It still would be cheap (too cheap) considering the style of this game.
Yep. My thoughts exactly. Mewtwo is very powerful. It would be way worse if he had the ability to heal.

i think maybe mega-drain would work, of course it's only for grass type
It depends on the other moves given to this grass type. But yeah, it could work. I don't mind implementing a life-healing technique at all. But for Mewtwo, it's too cheap.